Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #8,446 of 10,126
Others can chip in on that, I'm sure. I only use Chord DACs. Probably I'll also get a Bakoon DAC at some point. Holo May I'm sure would be good.

If you want a simple option, just got for TT2.
@Koren

Worthy implies to me a high level of ingenuity and dedication.
Just like Chord and Bakoon.

Hypothetically speaking, never heard one of them. Never heard a Rognir either... Damn what am I talking about?

But it's on top of my list, hope it will be in the lottery again...

Mola Mola's Tambaqui or an Audio Note, plus my, just hit the lottery choice, could be a playbackdesigns DAC.

On other threads folks are into adding DDCs and Clocks to improve their DACs, I don't know about that but one could go step by step financially speaking.

Oct 27, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #8,448 of 10,126
Their Facebook post was about the MDR-CD 3000. Do you have a link to the R-10 need?

FB_IMG_1666917989029.jpg
FB_IMG_1666917983707.jpg
FB_IMG_1666917977637.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #8,449 of 10,126
If you're going to buy, I have a significant discount code for you.

Oct 27, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #8,451 of 10,126
Who says ZMF is the only artisanal company crafting beautiful wooden earcups? Very nice offering.

Oct 28, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #8,452 of 10,126
A new chassis I see. What is it made of? It looks good, I don't think we'll have a case of déjà vu with a $40 gaming headset again.

Oct 28, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #8,453 of 10,126
A new chassis I see. What is it made of? It looks good, I don't think we'll have a case of déjà vu with a $40 gaming headset again.
Yeah honestly I'd put Kennerton as some of the best built, and premium feeling headphones if they didn't have a cheap OEM headband
They could totally design their own headband, and even make it in the same general design as the OEM, but they don't
it's not like their headphones are cheap either; nearly all of them are over $1k

It won't stop me from loving how they sound, but it definitely severely dampens my enjoyment when looking at them

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #8,454 of 10,126
If many other headphones that are less known, or even of lesser quality can get front-page attention here at Head-Fi, then surely Kennerton should be front page news here occasionally too. Would be great to see Jude feature/talk about a new Kennerton model sometime. The brand seems almost willfully ignored here sometimes. Or is that unfair. I don't know.

Oct 28, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #8,455 of 10,126
I'll talk to the guys about it the next time I visit them.

Oct 28, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #8,456 of 10,126
If many other headphones that are less known, or even of lesser quality can get front-page attention here at Head-Fi, then surely Kennerton should be front page news here occasionally too. Would be great to see Jude feature/talk about a new Kennerton model sometime. The brand seems almost willfully ignored here sometimes. Or is that unfair. I don't know.
So true. Remarkable how overlooked Kennerton are, not only on Head-fi but across audio reviews/channels more broadly (and even before recent events).

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #8,457 of 10,126
Brought out my old Kennerton Odin after a long absence. They still sound great. A term I like that was used initially in this long thread years ago was "tonal density." Yes, that's it: They have a full yet articulate/fast low end that helps give the headphone a thicker sound; less airy than say a Thekk, but more "tonal density." Very satisfying.

I'm wondering if the new Heartland will have that richness of tone as well? Maybe a cross between an Odin and Thekk? fullbass if you have any more description of the sound of the Heartland, I'd be glad to hear.

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #8,458 of 10,126
I'm wondering if the new Heartland will have that richness of tone as well? Maybe a cross between an Odin and Thekk?
Like I said I own it

This is a big sound. Large, spacious soundstage, but the sound is not lightweight. Big bass, but these are not bass-head headphones. The bass is similar to the bass in Rognir (bass-tuned version I guess). The sound is quite balanced, coherent. I don't hear much emphasis on anything, but everything seems to be there.

The resolution and detail is very good, like top-level headphones. The mids are rich, full-bodied, which I love. High frequencies are very comfortable, they are much less noticeable than in my Arya SE.

I don’t even know what headphones can be compared to what Heartland is like. I think that Thekk in comparison with Odin, Tridi, Thror have the most fun sound, with big powerful bass. Now imagine having even more engaging sound with the Heartland. Although there is less fun (the sound is more honest, less colored), but more musicality, the bass is even more amazing, positioning and presentation is much more impressive.

I personally would put the HL at least on par with Rognir, but I wouldn't be surprised if for many they step even higher.

Oct 28, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #8,459 of 10,126
I think that if Kennerton kicked over more sponsorship money they'd get all the attention they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back