Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Oct 9, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #8,431 of 10,035
I would wait until you can buy Kennerton HeartLand
HL >> Thekk > Wodan

Wodan are also great headphones, and if you want to save money, then you can safely buy Wodan - they are beautiful. If you don't listen to heavy genres, Wodan is perfect. But if you listen to metal in the same way, you need drive, bass, speed, then HeartLand (not Thekk)
Is the Heartland a replacement for the Thror?

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #8,432 of 10,035
Oct 10, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #8,434 of 10,035
Hm, nice. Can you share some more pictures please?
I have shown everything. But as I said earlier, I think that the final design of the cups may change. This is purely my guess, because so far they look somewhat trivial.

It also makes no sense to show my pair of the HL, because there are the Thekk's cups.

IMG_0448.jpeg

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #8,435 of 10,035
I have shown everything. But as I said earlier, I think that the final design of the cups may change. This is purely my guess, because so far they look somewhat trivial.

It also makes no sense to show my pair of the HL, because there are the Thekk's cups.

IMG_0448.jpeg
Ah yes, ok. Indeed, let's see how they pan out in production mode. Thanks.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #8,436 of 10,035

Can you tell me how much it is? I want to know the price of the rig. And I want to know when it will be released.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #8,437 of 10,035

Is this a open version of the rognir ? I know the cups are thekk.... I'm just wondering if that's what you meant by rognir competitor.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #8,438 of 10,035
Can you tell me how much it is?
HL? I don't know exactly. It is better to wait for the official comment. I can only assume that the cost will be between Thekk and Rognir.
In my opinion, this is more of the Rognir level than the Thekk.
And I want to know when it will be released.
RIG?
I don't know when they will be available to foreign buyers.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #8,439 of 10,035
Is this a open version of the rognir ?
Something like, yes. But more full-bodied sound, more powerful bass, thicker mids. Therefore, I would say - an open version of the bass-tuned Rognir
I'm just wondering if that's what you meant by rognir competitor.
Heartland is Rognir's competitor. Please look just above my report on the exhibition and you will find these headphones there

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #8,440 of 10,035
Listened to my new Gjallarhorn last night for a few hours. Is it safe to assume that these need a good bit of burn in before they sound their best?
I'm not hearing that substantial sub bass that many have commented about. They don't sound very clear yet, like a slight haze or fog over the sound delivery. The first thing I noticed is that they don't seem to have quite the same level of attack and energy as my Magni. Transient response seems slower.

Oct 11, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #8,441 of 10,035
Correct. I have a pair of Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition phones, since upgraded by John Massaria to Mark 2 level. And yes, I remember their being almost neutral in character for the first 50 hours or so and over that time they began opening up and the bass weight and dynamics became more prominent. Midrange also became more full-bodied. Of course the bass never reached Mark 2 levels but that is another story.

Oct 11, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #8,442 of 10,035
Listened to my new Gjallarhorn last night for a few hours. Is it safe to assume that these need a good bit of burn in before they sound their best?
I'm not hearing that substantial sub bass that many have commented about. They don't sound very clear yet, like a slight haze or fog over the sound delivery. The first thing I noticed is that they don't seem to have quite the same level of attack and energy as my Magni. Transient response seems slower.
Yes they definitely need burn-in imo. I listened to Gjallarhorn before, and I would describe their sound as anything, but veiled/hazy. They sounded extremely engaging, and dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back