Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 17, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #5,252 of 10,023
How would you guys describe the tuning of Rognir, compared to for example TH-900, which is quite V? My HPs are T+A Solitaire P, HEKse and Denon D9200 - if you like you can describe relative to these. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #5,253 of 10,023
Hmmm.. interesting. Should I be getting the Thekk given that I already have the Rognir and I really like the sound?
Or the differences aren't worth it now. (Aside from, obviously, completing my collection).
What's your opinion?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sorry so late answering this. I own a HVAC company and it has been over 100F here in Denver….no time to breath even LOL. To be fair, I was unable to compare the Thekk and Rognir side by side. I, unfortunately, had an event happen which forced me to sell the Thekk 1 week before the Rognir arrived. They do have a similar sound for sure, sub bass is a bit better on the Rognir. It has the same fuller or thicker sound like the Thekk had vs the Wodan which was a little thinner to my ears. Both have excellent details which is amazing for how musical they sound. Nothing analytical here but you also miss nothing. I wouldn’t say that they sound exactly the same, but the sound signature is definitely similar. I wish I had both still.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #5,254 of 10,023
every head is different and i always recommend the pressure test while listening to music - gently push inward to see if you need to adjust tightness if it affects sound
I finally have mine perfectly “bent, ” really appreciate your work on these, they are extraordinary headphones.

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #5,255 of 10,023
You added it to your Vali band?

No in fact I had a problem with the leather band of my Vali 2019. My headphone arrives with a defect one. And the leather band is attached with the L and R caps. They send new band, new caps and screws. It is very easy to change. So If we need to unscrew the L and R caps to put the new cover I'm sure it is a really easy operation.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #5,256 of 10,023
Can someone compare the Kennerton Rognir with the Focal Stellia?
Sound quality (frequency response, dynamics, stage, etc.) comfort, size of ear pads (ears' space against the pads/drivers)

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #5,259 of 10,023
Can someone compare the Kennerton Rognir with the Focal Stellia?
Sound quality (frequency response, dynamics, stage, etc.) comfort, size of ear pads (ears' space against the pads/drivers)
Rognir is better than most every way sound wise. Everything sounds cleaner. The bass is more detailed. Soundstage isn't even close. And even though the Stellia has the beryllium drivers, it just doesn't sound as crisp and clean as the Rognir. Because of the thin pads I would say that the Stellia is definitely more comfortable though. I have the heaviest version of the Rognir (bubinga) and weight is not a problem but it definitely is heavier on the head than the Stellia.

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,260 of 10,023
Rognir is better than most every way sound wise. Everything sounds cleaner. The bass is more detailed. Soundstage isn't even close. And even though the Stellia has the beryllium drivers, it just doesn't sound as crisp and clean as the Rognir. Because of the thin pads I would say that the Stellia is definitely more comfortable though. I have the heaviest version of the Rognir (bubinga) and weight is not a problem but it definitely is heavier on the head than the Stellia.
I sold my Stellia and replaced it with Denon D9200, and when I heard D9200 (especially its clarity) I felt bad having spent that money on Stellia. As I understand Rögnir is closer to D9200 with a better non-U (yet still crispy and extended treble) tonality, larger stage and better technicalities. Would you say it is like a thicker closed D8000?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #5,261 of 10,023
I sold my Stellia and replaced it with Denon D9200, and when I heard D9200 (especially its clarity) I felt bad having spent that money on Stellia. As I understand Rögnir is closer to D9200 with a better non-U (yet still crispy and extended treble) tonality, larger stage and better technicalities. Would you say it is like a thicker closed D8000?
Unfortunately I've never heard the D8000. It is on my want to list

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #5,263 of 10,023
There are deeper / angled pads incoming for the Rögnir. I have them on Bog Oak and they are supremely comfortable on the head, minus the shallow pads. Hope they get the pad situation fixed soon since everything else is really nice. One thing to note about the bog oak is, that it can't be machined as good as regular wood since it is closer to stone than wood in composition.

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #5,264 of 10,023
How is the treble compared to HEKse?
To me it is a bit better. The Rognir sounds a bit more dynamic to me. Probably because the Stage isn’t as big which can make the sound a bit softer to my ears. I really enjoy it. No harsh or sibilance to my ears. It really is a delight to listen to.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,265 of 10,023
I should better find my own answers to my questions... What are the odds of finding a second hand Rögnir on a Friday evening in Berlin. Heading back home... :)

20210618_200135.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back