Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 18, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #5,266 of 10,023
I should better find my own answers to my questions... What are the odds of finding a second hand Rögnir on a Friday evening in Berlin. Heading back home... :)

20210618_200135.jpg
Look forward to your impressions!

I owned the ZMF VC before and was not a huge fan of its signature; found myself much more addicted to planars and I am therefore super interested in Rognir.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,268 of 10,023
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,269 of 10,023
I should better find my own answers to my questions... What are the odds of finding a second hand Rögnir on a Friday evening in Berlin. Heading back home... :)

20210618_200135.jpg
I'm specially interested in your thoughts comparing with the 9200s. Also, I would like to see a @John Massaria comparison with the GH 50 JM edition, I hope he tries the Rögnir soon :beerchug:

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #5,271 of 10,023

I owned the ZMF VC before and was not a huge fan of its signature; found myself much more addicted to planars and I am therefore super interested in Rognir.
Rögnir is a very impressive HP. I had the VO before and I wasn't also a huge fan of its signature -I preferred Stellia over VO. Then I heard the D9200 and chose D9200 over Stellia, especially because of the clarity it has. Now, I heard the Rögnir and it is the next level of everything.

First thing that really surprised me is the build. I saw a wood containing HP and I immediately thought of Audeze, ZMF etc., but then I took it in my hand and it is light as a feather! Wow! then I put it on my ears and I have to says, one of the best, if not the best, fits I have ever come across. Fantastic comfort! First time I am a having this type of headband design and it is very well made and designed. So good!

I'm specially interested in your thoughts comparing with the 9200s
It is the next level in every way: Clarity, comfort, instrument separation, stage, depth, tuning, detail. D9200 has a harder hitting bass but Rögnir is more detailed and clearer. Stage width and depth on Rögnir is better, but that makes in some recording mids to be slightly further away, but I prefer that - I don't like it to be right in my ear. It has a neutral sound with an extended and slightly more energetic treble tuning (but not as pronounced as D9200).

Rögnir can easily become the "the" HP to cover your both open and closed back needs. It is the best closed back, and one of the best HPs I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #5,272 of 10,023
Rögnir is a very impressive HP. I had the VO before and I wasn't also a huge fan of its signature -I preferred Stellia over VO. Then I heard the D9200 and chose D9200 over Stellia, especially because of the clarity it has. Now, I heard the Rögnir and it is the next level of everything.

First thing that really surprised me is the build. I saw a wood containing HP and I immediately thought of Audeze, ZMF etc., but then I took it in my hand and it is light as a feather! Wow! then I put it on my ears and I have to says, one of the best, if not the best, fits I have ever come across. Fantastic comfort! First time I am a having this type of headband design and it is very well made and designed. So good!

It is the next level in every way: Clarity, comfort, instrument separation, stage, depth, tuning, detail. D9200 has a harder hitting bass but Rögnir is more detailed and clearer. Stage width and depth on Rögnir is better, but that makes in some recording mids to be slightly further away, but I prefer that - I don't like it to be right in my ear. It has a neutral sound with an extended and slightly more energetic treble tuning (but not as pronounced as D9200).

Rögnir can easily become the "the" HP to cover your both open and closed back needs. It is the best closed back, and one of the best HPs I have ever heard.
Wow

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #5,273 of 10,023
The Rögnir I believe, will be a future classic headphone. The rare wood which is thousands of years old, the sound, even the provided cable is really good. And it is good to know that they are active and listen to feedback since they are designing different pads for them. After those, even the comfort is one of the best I've experienced.

Also I'd like to thank the customer service, Ivan has been really good at responding my questions unlike for example folks at Focal who didn't ever respond to me, even though I have bought, Clear, Elegia and Stellia from them.

Really special achievement, keep it up

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #5,274 of 10,023
For my "mids to be slightly further away" comment above: This is a _very_ transparent HP with a neutral tuning, so it reflects and reacts to you amplifier pairing and source music greatly.

I still can't get over how good the comfort is.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #5,275 of 10,023

I too tried the VC but I didn't go for it as there is something about the planar sound that I much prefer. I'm trying to figure out what the "something" is!

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #5,276 of 10,023

I love your impressions and early comparison with 9200s. I don't know if your Rögnir had been used (by the first owner) a lot or just briefly and they have the "final" sound or not (I'm talking about the burning process).

The thing is that I find the 9200s bass just a little thin and I want a little bit more to be perfect. Anyway, I will find out if changing my sources will best the 9200s, and after that... Rögnir?

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #5,277 of 10,023
Please stop praising the Rögnir please :)
I'm on the never-ending-quest to find a closed back next to my unicorn open-back; which I found by pure luck; the LSA HP-Diamond.
I've seen ZMF, Focal, Mr.Speakers/DCA, LSA, Beyerdynamic and Kennerton closed-backs and finally think I found that closed-back unicorn headphone for me as well but with all this Rögnir praise you have me thinking :p

Just kidding ofc, keep them reviews coming, the rögnir should be good given its a Kennerton.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #5,278 of 10,023
Rognir order placed.

Will compare it with Diana V2, D8000 Pro, and even Traillii (when it arrives in a month or so…). Only some of them will stay. :)

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #5,280 of 10,023
"This headphone is not fatiguing at all; while nothing stands out all of it sounds the best I ever heard. The comfort is something new. No clamp or pressure it just fits. If you miss it once you go to the office again please blame the dog."
a quote by my better half when she picked up the LSA HP-Diamond. I applied some eq cause I know she loves it when the sound as a slight bass emphasis; the HP-Diamond if anything is light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back