Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 4, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #4,591 of 10,033
Experimenting with the headband was actually the main purpose of this little project.

I wanted to improve the look, at least for how I like, without having to change the design and without leather wrapping.

We (me and Valentin) also wanted to explore a few 'metallic' color options for the headband, as well as colors of the leather and plastic parts. We did try gold, bronze, aged bronze, etc.

For the red leather. Well, I saw the red leather swath in Valentin's workshop (from his photo) and a bold idea came to my mind ... about "Russian Red Army" or "Mother Russia Red". He agreed to try it.

I also personally like Red-Silver combination quite a bit.

Let say that me and Valentin both satisfied with the result.
If Kennerton keeps this headband design, I might opt for silver from now on.

"If Kennerton keeps this headband design, I might opt for silver from now on."

Yes, this "silver" or rather "platinum grey" color of the metal parts of the headband is very successful, and obviously more rewarding for its owner than the classic black anodized metal, especially with this reminder of the colorful touches of the few plastic parts of the headphone, and this custom headband (and leather earpads), matching the color of the wood of the headphones.

A way to effectively enhance the visual appearance of these headphones, at least in the most expensive (and luxurious) versions of the last Kennerton headphones.

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #4,592 of 10,033
Hi all.

My eldest son, this morning, in front of his last musical composition entitled "Chance audacieuse", a composition of piano (played very quickly) with a french horn and a flute.
Using here, for the composition, the Kennerton Thror headphones (the most rigorous and neutral) , but here listening the final composition with the Kennerton Thekk (of warmer tone), for the pleasure of listening to his work.

21040510144723553817350472.jpg

Apr 5, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #4,593 of 10,033
Hi all.

My eldest son, this morning, in front of his last musical composition entitled "Chance audacieuse", a composition of piano (played very quickly) with a french horn and a flute.
Using here, for the composition, the Kennerton Thror headphones (the most rigorous and neutral) , but here listening the final composition with the Kennerton Thekk (of warmer tone), for the pleasure of listening to his work.

21040510144723553817350472.jpg

Your son is a composer? Wow!
I wonder if there is any chance for us to hear that piece?

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #4,594 of 10,033
Your son is a composer? Wow!
I wonder if there is any chance for us to hear that piece?

Of course. Just ask. :)

My oldest son Raphaël, 17 1/2 years old, just put it online.

21040507032023553817351265.jpg

Link to listen to its composition online (length of the piece 3'43 ") : https://musescore.com/user/32411501/scores/6701591

Note: to listen to the music online click on the little triangle "play" (at the top left of the composition, just under the musescore logo).

EDIT: when I said that the piano was played very quickly, it really is.

A piece with a piano, a french horn as a base and flute as the melody.
The theme of this piece is luck and possibilities.

And a comment made on the site by a viewer: "WOAH! that opening completely grabbed me. It has a really frantic but enjoyable melody."

As to whether there are too many notes in this piece of just over 3 minutes (a few thousand, no doubt), all things considered, Mozart has the right answer, in this excerpt from the movie Amadeus Mozart.

The comparison stops there! :beyersmile::)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #4,595 of 10,033

Link to listen to its composition online (length of the piece 3'43 ") : https://musescore.com/user/32411501/scores/6701591

Note: to listen to the music online click on the little triangle "play" (at the top left of the composition, just under the musescore logo).

And a comment made on the site by a viewer: "WOAH! that opening completely grabbed me. It has a really frantic but enjoyable melody."

As to whether there are too many notes in this piece of just over 3 minutes (a few thousand, no doubt), all things considered, Mozart has the right answer, in this excerpt from the movie Amadeus Mozart.

Just had a listen. Quite nice.

On the other note, one of my favorite composers is Michel Legrand, a French.
His score for 'Les Parapluies de Cherbourg' is among my absolute favorites piece of music of any genre.

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #4,597 of 10,033

That was very good, thanks. I could envision that piece as the score for a time lapse video sequence, showing a tremendous amount of activity all happening in three minutes.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #4,598 of 10,033
So pretty ...

Wholeheartedly agree.

The Thror Novel has to be the most beautiful headphones in existence. IMHO at least.

Man, I want one ... even if I already got the Thror, and getting it (at its price) means I wouldn't be getting the Thekk nor the Rognir anytime soon.

If only we could get this headband with the Rognir and Thekk ....
Oh no ... not this topic again! :)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #4,599 of 10,033
21040305301623553817348154.jpg

Hey guys, you know that our friend Dave (@ithilienrp) is about to become the biggest collector of Kennerton headphones (and dress shoes :beyersmile:) of all time.
Those are tastefully striking.

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #4,600 of 10,033
Wholeheartedly agree.

The Thror Novel has to be the most beautiful headphones in existence. IMHO at least.

Man, I want one ... even if I already got the Thror, and getting it (at its price) means I wouldn't be getting the Thekk nor the Rognir anytime soon.

Those are tastefully striking.

Hi all.

In four pictures: the alpha and the Omega (current) in terms of headband at Kennerton (old range headband and new range headband).

Two worlds coexist.

Odin mk0 versus Thror Novel.

Magni V1 versus Wodan 2021 Custom

21040710182723553817353253.jpg

Odin mk0 (here with a custom cable) ; old (rigid) pads and old (thin) secondary suspension headband (weight 680 g, without cable).

21040710182623553817353252.jpg

Kennerton Thror Novel (weight 470 g) (with new (soft) earpads, here ECL-01 earpads, less rigid ; new more thick, large and padded secondary suspension headband, more comfortable).

21040710182623553817353250.jpg

Kennerton Magni V1 (weight 440 g).

21040710182623553817353251.jpg

Kennerton Wodan 2021 (aluminum frame driver) custom (estimated weight 400 g).

Qualitatively speaking, the improvement in perceived quality is convincing between each generation of Kennerton headphones, for a given type of headband (old and new).

The old headband equipping the Odin and Thror is visualy more qualitative, but more rigid, heavier and sometimes (often?) uncomfortable, especially if poorly adjusted.

It's quite the opposite for the new flexible, self-adaptive headband equipping to all the latest Kennerton headphones (except for the Thror Novel (with it old headband) and the custom version of the new Wodan 2021 (with it custom look)).

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #4,601 of 10,033
Hello, I apologize if it is not the right place but I'm the happy owner of a Vali and I'd like to know which amp you advise me for this wonderful headphone. My budget is max 500 euros at that time...balanced output included

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #4,602 of 10,033
Wholeheartedly agree.

Let’s not omit the pairing of this headband with Gjallarhorn / Gjallarhorn JM...

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #4,603 of 10,033
Wholeheartedly agree.

Can't say I disagree. The combination of wood and metal elements, that headband, and a well-toned palette scream perfection, in my eyes.

We want a Rögnir with that headband design!

We can have our cake and eat it, can't we? :wink:

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #4,604 of 10,033
Hello, I apologize if it is not the right place but I'm the happy owner of a Vali and I'd like to know which amp you advise me for this wonderful headphone. My budget is max 500 euros at that time...balanced output included
I recommend a Schiit Jotunheim 2 in thst price category

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #4,605 of 10,033

Users who are viewing this thread

Back