Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 2, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #4,576 of 10,023
Hi all.

New look "all in roundness" of the wooden cups (here in a superb Curly Maple livery) of the Vali and the Thror, in version 2021.

Note the return of the mini XLR connectors for the Vali version 2021, not to mention the use of a new electrodynamic driver (more performer and more "neutral"), taking over the excellent high-tech "Graphen" driver of the Magni and the Gjallarhorn, but here in an open configuration.

21032408504123553817331626.jpg

New Thror and Vali, here in a superb Curly Maple livery, in version 2021 (with new wooden cups).

Nice, any estimate an when @Audio46 is getting these in stock?

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #4,577 of 10,023
Having lots of headphones that look more or less the same is boring sometimes, don't you think? :wink:
Consider that I have more or less all the models (except the Thekk. I'll get it after the Rognir).

Oh, and I want something to go with that red boots (these are among my 'crazier' pairs).

considered these for those right side boots?

Kennerton-thekk-Karelian-Birch-stabilized.jpg

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #4,578 of 10,023
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #4,579 of 10,023
Since Kennerton posted this on their FB, I think I could post it now.
Here's my little project. I should be getting it soon.

I'm not even a huge fan of red - I'm more of a blue/black guy - but damn, that's one sexy-looking headphone!

That's a brilliant collab/project, Dave! A big :thumbsup: from me! :)

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #4,580 of 10,023
Nice, any estimate an when @Audio46 is getting these in stock?
We have whatever Kennerton sent us in the last batch, which doesn't look like the 2021 version.

Right now we have an order for more Thekk and Gjallarhorn (regular and JM Edition in a few colors). Should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

We usually figure out what to get based on submissions through our out-of-stock form on product pages. But if it's not listed, we also take requests via sales@audio46.com

Audio46 Audio46 is the destination store in NYC to demo and buy headphone products. Stay updated on Audio46 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Audio46 https://twitter.com/Audio46NYC https://www.instagram.com/audio46/ https://audio46.com/ info@audio46.com
Apr 2, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4,581 of 10,023

WOW. The Wodan has always been my favorite looking Kennerton and that is my favorite Wodan. The design is already so wild with those grill claws, and then that red makes it wild squared.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #4,582 of 10,023

Having lots of headphones that look more or less the same is boring sometimes, don't you think? :wink:
Consider that I have more or less all the models (except the Thekk. I'll get it after the Rognir).

Oh, and I want something to go with that red boots (these are among my 'crazier' pairs).

21040305301623553817348154.jpg

Hey guys, you know that our friend Dave (@ithilienrp) is about to become the biggest collector of Kennerton headphones (and dress shoes :beyersmile:) of all time.

See instead (for his current and upcoming collection) of Kennerton headphones he owns (and will soon own): a real dream, for many of us. :)

Kennerton Magister: 1 piece
Kennerton Odin mk1: 1 piece (but "tired" mk1 driver)
Kennerton Odin mk2 (2 pieces) (bog oak and "heart-purple" wood)
Kennerton Vali (2 pieces)
Kennerton Thror : 1 piece (natural Karelian birch wood)
Kennerton Magni (V1): 1 piece.
Kennerton Gjallarhorn JM Edition: 1 piece (wonderful stabilized Karelian birch, blue)
Kennerton Wodan (2021 version: "aluminum" driver): 1 piece (bright red customized version)
Kennerton Rögnir (on order, to come) (an upper class closed-back planar headphones)
Kennerton Thekk (also in project). (Custom ??)

Who does better? :)

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #4,583 of 10,023
Hey guys, you know that our friend Dave (@ithilienrp) is about to become the biggest collector of Kennerton headphones (and dress shoes :beyersmile:) of all time.

See instead (for his current and upcoming collection) of Kennerton headphones he owns (and will soon own): a real dream, for many of us. :)

Kennerton Gjallarhorn JM Edition: 1 piece (wonderful stabilized Karelian birch, blue)
Kennerton Wodan (2021 version: "aluminum" driver): 1 piece (bright red customized version)
Kennerton Rögnir (on order, to come) (an upper class closed-back planar headphones)

Actually, my next little project is the Rognir.

Not as bold this time. More traditional “black”. Just a choice of wood :)

We’re experimenting something with the woods. That’s all I can say now.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #4,584 of 10,023
Hi all.

About the future Kennerton Rögnir (to come).

Last infos.

According to my Russian source, the bass of the Rögnir would be 10 to 15% "heavier" than those of Thekk and Thror.
The Rögnir, like other Kennerton planar headphones, only reveals their full potential with an amplifier capable of delivering at least 1.5 W, if possible in symmetrical mode.
Headphones Rögnir come with a custom 4pin XLR balanced cable and an adapter for 6.3 mm Jack.

Otherwise the comparison of the Rögnir with the Gjallarhorn is irrelevant, the Rögnir playing in a different league (I imagine superior).

Finally, the delays concerning the Rögnir will be due to delays in the delivery of raw materials (pieces of leather and wood) by suppliers "in holidays".

This delay would have been taken advantage of to further improve the Rögnir (compared to the prototype version). Quote: "On the basis of the tests, we have made several fixes and improvements, but I cannot say more for the moment".

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #4,585 of 10,023
Hi all.

About the future Kennerton Rögnir (to come).

Last infos.

According to my Russian source, the bass of the Rögnir would be 10 to 15% "heavier" than those of Thekk and Thror.
The Rögnir, like other Kennerton planar headphones, only reveals their full potential with an amplifier capable of delivering at least 1.5 W, if possible in symmetrical mode.
Headphones Rögnir come with a custom 4pin XLR balanced cable and an adapter for 6.3 mm Jack.

Otherwise the comparison of the Rögnir with the Gjallarhorn is irrelevant, the Rögnir playing in a different league (I imagine superior).

Finally, the delays concerning the Rögnir will be due to delays in the delivery of raw materials (pieces of leather and wood) by suppliers "in holidays".

This delay would have been taken advantage of to further improve the Rögnir (compared to the prototype version). Quote: "On the basis of the tests, we have made several fixes and improvements, but I cannot say more for the moment".
This is very good news in my book.
15% more bass than the Thekk sounds like a sweetspot to me. Probably about Empyrean levels of Bass.

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,587 of 10,023

Maybe @ithilienrp is planning to open a Kennerton museum (with some shoes here and there... :wink:). I would be the first visitor. Price? :beyersmile:

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #4,588 of 10,023
Maybe @ithilienrp is planning to open a Kennerton museum (with some shoes here and there... :wink:). I would be the first visitor. Price? :beyersmile:

Price ? :beyersmile:

Uh ... 5 dollars for adults; free for children under 15 and reduction for groups of more than 10 people.
With 1 million visitors expected per year, the Kennerton headphones institute in Bangkok (Thailand) (Director / curator of the museum / institute: Dave) should very quickly benefit.
A good deal ! :beyersmile:

On a more serious note, I would like to come back to the Custom version of the Kennerton Wodan 2021 (aluminum frame for the driver) from our friend Dave.

The leather pads are bright red color; everyone has seen it, but most of all, the headband of the Wodan is customized, embellished with color key reminders (here red) in different places, including the leather of the suspension band; a color of the metal of the headband no longer black, but aluminum.

Until now, the main criticism of the headband fitted to all the latest Kennerton production (Magni, Gjallarhorn, Vali Neoteric (2021), Thekk, Wodan and Rögnir to come) was its lack of value, especially for the most expensive models of the brand.

I thought that we could make this headband more attractive by covering some parts of the headband with leather pieces, like the two metal blades on the top and on the side of the headphones, but technically speaking, it might be difficult to do (and to sew), because the headband is in one piece (monobloc): it's not possible to disassemble it to slip leather cases for each steel blade.

So, there is also, now, the solution of customizing the headband as done for Dave's custom Kennerton Wodan headphones, which I personally find very successful with these different touches (and reminder) of color matching the headphones and its wooden cups.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #4,589 of 10,023
On a more serious note, I would like to come back to the Custom version of the Kennerton Wodan 2021 ("aluminum" driver) from our friend Dave.

The leather pads are bright red color; everyone has seen it, but most of all, the headband of the Wodan is customized, embellished with color key reminders (here red) in different places, including the leather of the suspension band; a color of the metal of the headband no longer black, but aluminum.

Until now, the main criticism of the headband fitted to all the latest Kennerton production (Magni, Gjallarhorn, Vali Neoteric (2021), Thekk, Wodan and Rögnir to come) was its lack of value, especially for the most expensive models of the brand.

I thought that we could make this headband more attractive by covering some parts of the headband with leather pieces, like the two metal blades on the top and on the side of the headphones, but technically speaking, it might be difficult to do (and to sew), because the headband is in one piece (monobloc): it's not possible to disassemble it to slip leather cases for each steel blade.

So, there is also, now, the solution of customizing the headband as done for Dave's custom Kennerton Wodan headphones, which I personally find very successful with these different touches (and reminder) of color matching the headphones and its wooden cups.
Experimenting with the headband was actually the main purpose of this little project.

I wanted to improve the look, at least for how I like, without having to change the design and without leather wrapping.

We (me and Valentin) also wanted to explore a few 'metallic' color options for the headband, as well as colors of the leather and plastic parts. We did try gold, bronze, aged bronze, etc.

For the red leather. Well, I saw the red leather swath in Valentin's workshop (from his photo) and a bold idea came to my mind ... about "Russian Red Army" or "Mother Russia Red". He agreed to try it.

I also personally like Red-Silver combination quite a bit.

Let say that me and Valentin both satisfied with the result.
If Kennerton keeps this headband design, I might opt for silver from now on.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #4,590 of 10,023
Experimenting with the headband was actually the main purpose of this little project. We wanted to explore a few 'metallic' color options for the headband, as well as colors of the leather and plastic parts. We did try gold, bronze, aged bronze, etc.

For the 'red leather' and the 'red plastic' parts, it's just my personal love of red and wanting something bold that would go well with the red-hue of the Padauk wood. I also like Red-Silver combination quite a bit.

Let say that me and Valentin both satisfied with the result.

" Let say that me and Valentin both satisfied with the result."

You can.

For my part, it is successful. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back