Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #4,546 of 10,023
My brother in law just picked up his new custom stabilized birch indigo blue Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition - he is loving them!
thumbnail.jpg
And that’s even before he has them connected to anything !.....

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #4,547 of 10,023
And that’s even before he has them connected to anything !.....
He has a crazy stereo system at home I think these just got delivered to his office
And he sent me that pic
But I am a little envious of that color

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #4,548 of 10,023
Not sure how much I could disclose. But here it goes:

- I told Valentin that I like the current design for comfort and practicality. Only if we could make it looks and feels better.
- I suggested that wrapping around the 2 metal bands with leather might work (somewhat akin to Fidelio X2). This will make it more in-line, look-wise, with the previous design, which I and many people still like.

Here's what made me excite:
- Valentin said that he is working on giving the current headband a leather covering.
- He said he hopes it turns out as he hopes. (= it is still a work in progress).
- This will most likely comes with most Rognirs in the future. (i.e., new standard headband, at least for the more premium ones).

Kennerton does listen, guys. They really do.
That sounds great! I'm really looking forward to the final production Rögnir. I have no doubt that it'll sound good, and it already looks brilliant - for the most part. Once the headband is tweaked to be a blend of comfort and appearance, it'll be the planar to beat in the summit-fi camp, no doubt. :)

As always, thanks for listening @VKazanzhi!

Mar 19, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #4,550 of 10,023
I just received an Audio 46 email saying Kennerton is back in stock. Pricing higher than on Kennerton's website. Most likely custom taxes as the Thor was $3,999 and the Vali wax $1,099.
We did have to convert the prices from Euros to USD, and we do pay Customs. But we listened and adjusted our prices :beerchug:
https://audio46.com/collections/kennerton

Audio46 Audio46 is the destination store in NYC to demo and buy headphone products. Stay updated on Audio46 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Audio46 https://twitter.com/Audio46NYC https://www.instagram.com/audio46/ https://audio46.com/ info@audio46.com
Mar 19, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #4,551 of 10,023
Mar 19, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #4,552 of 10,023
wow quick fix by Audio46- thanks for that !

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #4,553 of 10,023
Great effort by Audio 46. Those prices are great and people from the USA can try amazing and unique headphones without being worried for the shipping or customs
totally awesome- I forgot about the customs fees so this makes it cheaper by who knows how much

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #4,554 of 10,023
Wow, that is awesome to see a shop take client feedback into consideration that swiftly. Can't wait to check them out!

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #4,556 of 10,023
SpecialEditionJMEdition.jpg

Special Color Editions can now be custom ordered (with or without Custom Wood Box)
AC548048-3281-4C46-9882-9B83406A3288.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #4,557 of 10,023
Hi all.

New look "all in roundness" of the wooden cups (here in a superb Curly Maple livery) of the Vali and the Thror, in version 2021.

Note the return of the mini XLR connectors for the Vali version 2021, not to mention the use of a new electrodynamic driver (more performer and more "neutral"), taking over the excellent high-tech "Graphen" driver of the Magni and the Gjallarhorn, but here in an open configuration.

21032408504123553817331626.jpg

New Thror and Vali, here in a superb Curly Maple livery, in version 2021 (with new wooden cups).

And, for comparison.
kennerton-thror-bubinga-1-1.jpg

"Old" version of the Thror (Bubinga wood)

Vali-Cherry.jpg

"Old" version of the Vali 2019 (Cherry wood), with 3.5 mm Jack connector, and the old driver "paper membrane".

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #4,558 of 10,023
Hi all.

New look "all in roundness" of the wooden cups (here in a superb Curly Maple livery) of the Vali and the Thror, in version 2021.

Note the return of the mini XLR connectors for the Vali version 2021, not to mention the use of a new electrodynamic driver (more performer and more "neutral"), taking over the excellent high-tech "Graphen" driver of the Magni and the Gjallarhorn, but here in an open configuration.

21032408504123553817331626.jpg

New Thror and Vali, here in a superb Curly Maple livery, in version 2021 (with new wooden cups).

And, for comparison.
kennerton-thror-bubinga-1-1.jpg

"Old" version of the Thror (Bubinga wood)

Vali-Cherry.jpg

"Old" version of the Vali 2019 (Cherry wood), with 3.5 mm Jack connector, and the old driver "paper membrane".
That's really nice. Both look really beautiful.
I wonder how the Vali will sound with the new driver. Althought I prefer the 3,5mm mono connectors for all my headphones, my 2019 Valis got a flaw in the connectors and one moved and went inside the cup. That won't happen with mini xlr.

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #4,559 of 10,023
That's really nice. Both look really beautiful.
I wonder how the Vali will sound with the new driver. Althought I prefer the 3,5mm mono connectors for all my headphones, my 2019 Valis got a flaw in the connectors and one moved and went inside the cup. That won't happen with mini xlr.

Indeed.

The new Vali headphones (version 2021) now appears on the official kennerton website.

It uses the new high-tech "graphene" driver of the Magni (but in open configuration), in addition to mini-XLR connectors.

https://kennerton.org/shop/vali-neoteric-curly-maple/

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #4,560 of 10,023
Hi all.

For non-French speakers, here is an English translation of my last post written on the French HCFR forum.

" Otherwise, we can always dream of seeing future comparisons, on HCFR, of all the current range of Kernnerton headphones; let's forget the Odin mk1, Vali first of the name and Magister, whose wearing comfort will not remain as a highlight in the annals, except for those with a delicate scalp (and cervical vertebrae)...

I think that Kennerton is now able to answer to the main high-end headphones of the market, point by point, whether it is for the technicality and the acoustic performances of the headphones, or for the qualitative side: quality of construction; durability; look; originality; but also weight, wearing comfort, possibility of customization and upgrade (like the custom cables), etc ....

Some examples that deserve serious comparisons:

The Kennerton Magni V3 (closed-back electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane), well-tuned for clamp and clamping (which should be enough to get an adequate bass level), should be able to compare easily to the Focal Elegia and Celestee headphones.

The Gjallarhorn GH 50, Gjallarhorn JM Edition and the LSA HP-2 (closed-back electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane + "horn") should be easily comparable to the ZMF Verité closed-back headphones.

The Vali Neoteric (version 2021) (open electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane) should be able to be compared to the Focal Clear headphones (of which the last version).

The Rögnir (to come) (high-end closed planar headphones, carbon driver plate, "honeycomb" diaphragm) should be a very serious competitor to the Hifiman HE10-RP and I imagine also to the Focal Stellia.

The Thekk (high-end open planar headphones, carbon driver plate, "honeycomb" diaphragm) should be able to compare with the Focal Utopia.

The Wodan (open planar headphones) (and even more so the new Wodan 2021 with an aluminum driver plate; "honeycomb" diaphragm) seems to be able to compare (and be a much cheaper alternative) to the Hifiman Susvara headphones, at least on non-monster amplification, if we are to believe the chief reviewer of 6moons.com ".

Source: https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum...ues-kennerton-voir-post-1-t30059943-9570.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back