Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #4,532 of 10,026
Sadly, I know as much about the Rognir as the rest of us do.
However, I did discuss a few possibilities for wood options with Valentin.
No release date discussed nor mentioned.

I'd give them all the time in the world they need to create this masterpiece.
Hopefully with an improved headband design. (Don't take it as a hint.
I have absolutely no information on this. It's my sincere wish).
Hi Dave.

You are right to be patient for your future Rögnir.

Can they embellish the headband now?
I don't know.
At least we can hope so.

Otherwise, very nice update of your avatar.
Congratulations to your daughter. :)

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #4,533 of 10,026
just got word... Just out of customs and now on the shelf for demo... NYC now featuring Kennerton in stock
Presentation2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #4,534 of 10,026
just got word... Just out of customs and now on the shelf for demo... NYC now featuring Kennerton in stock
Presentation2.jpg
Gonna try to make it tomorrow to have a listen :)

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #4,535 of 10,026
A synergistic pairing ready for action...FD5A8944-92DA-42EA-A9CF-52812090AFA3.jpeg

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #4,537 of 10,026
That's beautiful man! Is that the JM baltic sea? I got the same and Im in love with them. Perfect balanced headphones with good slam, clarity and impressive imaging.
It is and it is my overall favourite headphone. The frequency response, soundstage, ambience recovery are first-rate! Detail without edginess! I did bend gradually and in numerous spots the metal “cantilever” to increase the earcup clamp (bass response and heft) without stressing the cantilever at any one point. Also used a headband cover + a Dekoni nugget to address potential headband microphonics.

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #4,538 of 10,026
It is and it is my overall favourite headphone. The frequency response, soundstage, ambience recovery are first-rate! Detail without edginess! I did bend gradually and in numerous spots the metal “cantilever” to increase the earcup clamp (bass response and heft) without stressing the cantilever at any one point. Also used a headband cover + a Dekoni nugget to address potential headband microphonics.
They are my favourite overall as well. I bought mine and it was bended already and fits me great surprisingly. I don't use dekoni nuggets because the headband touches the metal and I don't feel any pressure in my head.
I don't find the headband of the JM to be very microphonic compared with the Magni v3 which has a different material and it's microphonic as hell

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #4,539 of 10,026
Sadly, I know as much about the Rognir as the rest of us do.
However, I did discuss a few possibilities for wood options with Valentin.
No release date discussed nor mentioned.

I'd give them all the time in the world they need to create this masterpiece.
Hopefully with an improved headband design. (Don't take it as a hint.
I have absolutely no information on this. It's my sincere wish).
That's an earnest wish of mine, too, Dave! I think many of us share the same sentiments - the current headband, whilst functional and largely comfortable, lacks the pizzazz and glamor befitting of a bona fide flagship. At the end of the day, comfort trumps looks, but who says we can't have them both, eh? :wink:

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #4,540 of 10,026
That's an earnest wish of mine, too, Dave! I think many of us share the same sentiments - the current headband, whilst functional and largely comfortable, lacks the pizzazz and glamor befitting of a bona fide flagship. At the end of the day, comfort trumps looks, but who says we can't have them both, eh? :wink:
I would like my TOTL to be total 😜

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #4,543 of 10,026
Care to share some tidbits on that conversation? :wink:

Not sure how much I could disclose. But here it goes:

- I told Valentin that I like the current design for comfort and practicality. Only if we could make it looks and feels better.
- I suggested that wrapping around the 2 metal bands with leather might work (somewhat akin to Fidelio X2). This will make it more in-line, look-wise, with the previous design, which I and many people still like.

Here's what made me excite:
- Valentin said that he is working on giving the current headband a leather covering.
- He said he hopes it turns out as he hopes. (= it is still a work in progress).
- This will most likely comes with most Rognirs in the future. (i.e., new standard headband, at least for the more premium ones).

Kennerton does listen, guys. They really do.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #4,544 of 10,026
Not sure how much I could disclose. But here it goes:

- I told Valentin that I like the current design for comfort and practicality. Only if we could make it looks and feels better.
- I suggested that wrapping around the 2 metal bands with leather might work (somewhat akin to Fidelio X2). This will make it more in-line, look-wise, with the previous design, which I and many people still like.

Here's what made me excite:
- Valentin said that he is working on giving the current headband a leather covering.
- He said he hopes it turns out as he hopes. (= it is still a work in progress).
- This will most likely comes with most Rognirs in the future. (i.e., new standard headband, at least for the more premium ones).

Kennerton does listen, guys. They really do.

Wow.

Many thanks to you and Valentin ! :)

EDIT: as already suggested, while remaining very lightweight, we can embellish and enhance the double arch of the headband that will equip the Kennerton Rögnir, not with the use a single strip of leather that will cover all the two steel blades of the double arch of the headband, but with two strips of leather that will cover each steel blade, a bit like Stax does for its SR-007 mk2, quite successful for the aesthetics and the enhancement of the headphones.

k9hv.jpg

21031711312823553817320169.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #4,545 of 10,026
My brother in law just picked up his new custom stabilized birch indigo blue Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition - he is loving them!
thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back