Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #4,561 of 10,026
Seems like he is comparing costs more then anything else. Magni and GH50 is at the very same level sharing the same driver and equally well managed accoustics. Have to value cosmetics a lot to find the gjallarhorn worth the buck. I am sure that also goes for the Verite though :)

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #4,562 of 10,026
I have owned the Vali 2019 and would compare that more to a TH-610 then a clear. Perhaps the new incarnations of Vali have less of a V sound to them.
If I want to compare a Kennerton'ish headphone to the Focal Clear it would be the LSA HP-1 (with ECL-02 pads).

Mar 26, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #4,563 of 10,026
Hi all.

For non-French speakers, here is an English translation of my last post written on the French HCFR forum.

" Otherwise, we can always dream of seeing future comparisons, on HCFR, of all the current range of Kernnerton headphones; let's forget the Odin mk1, Vali first of the name and Magister, whose wearing comfort will not remain as a highlight in the annals, except for those with a delicate scalp (and cervical vertebrae)...

I think that Kennerton is now able to answer to the main high-end headphones of the market, point by point, whether it is for the technicality and the acoustic performances of the headphones, or for the qualitative side: quality of construction; durability; look; originality; but also weight, wearing comfort, possibility of customization and upgrade (like the custom cables), etc ....

Some examples that deserve serious comparisons:

The Kennerton Magni V3 (closed-back electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane), well-tuned for clamp and clamping (which should be enough to get an adequate bass level), should be able to compare easily to the Focal Elegia and Celestee headphones.

The Gjallarhorn GH 50, Gjallarhorn JM Edition and the LSA HP-2 (closed-back electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane + "horn") should be easily comparable to the ZMF Verité closed-back headphones.

The Vali Neoteric (version 2021) (open electrodynamic headphones, "graphene" membrane) should be able to be compared to the Focal Clear headphones (of which the last version).

The Rögnir (to come) (high-end closed planar headphones, carbon driver plate, "honeycomb" diaphragm) should be a very serious competitor to the Hifiman HE10-RP and I imagine also to the Focal Stellia.

The Thekk (high-end open planar headphones, carbon driver plate, "honeycomb" diaphragm) should be able to compare with the Focal Utopia.

The Wodan (open planar headphones) (and even more so the new Wodan 2021 with an aluminum driver plate; "honeycomb" diaphragm) seems to be able to compare (and be a much cheaper alternative) to the Hifiman Susvara headphones, at least on non-monster amplification, if we are to believe the chief reviewer of 6moons.com ".

Source: https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum...ues-kennerton-voir-post-1-t30059943-9570.html
Nice write-up; although, I'd disagree with the comparison between the ZMF Vérité Closed and the Gjallarhorn GH50. As much as I enjoy my Gjallarhorn, it falls short of the ZMF's flagship in several technical aspects, including resolution, layering, dynamics and imaging. I'm not saying that the Kennerton is bad, though - rather, the Vérité Closed is just that good. In fact, without batting an eyelid, I'd rank it over the Stellia. :)

On the other hand, the Rögnir will certainly play with the big boys in the closed-back market.

Mar 27, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #4,564 of 10,026
Hi all.

Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH 50 JM Review​

Kennerton-Gjallarhorn-GH-50-JM-Main0000.jpg

majorhifi-award-banner-gold-XL-3-500x166.png

https://majorhifi.com/kennerton-gjallarhorn-gh-50-jm-review/

Mar 27, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #4,565 of 10,026
Hi all (again)

Wow !

The current flagship of the Kennerton brand, the Thror, has not bowed out yet to newer headphones like the Thekk, Wodan and Rögnir (coming soon).

The Thror reappears, more qualitative than ever, with new wooden cups (more streamlined), in a limited series, with the most complete packaging.

Check it out:

Thror Novel Curly Maple (package) (limited Edition)​

" All Thror Novel models are made only from the rare and expensive types of wood! Never before has Thror emphasized your personality and taste like Thror Novel!
The Thror Novel is a limited edition which includes only 30 headphones. Each Thror Novel piece is not only an excellent tool for true enjoyment, it is also a work of art! "

Thror-Curly-Maple-2.jpg

thror-custom-cable.jpg

bLitz-4-Pin-Balanced-XLR-63-TRS-Adapter-3.jpg

ECL-02-black-7.jpg

https://kennerton.org/shop/thror-novel-curly-maple/

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #4,566 of 10,026
After reading the first dislike on the GH50 JM Edition here on head-fi - he mentioned he preferred the VModa M100/200 better and couldn't get into the Gjallarhorn- I felt releived to finally get it- not everyone is going to like the tuning- some people actually like stuff like beats and Sony wh-1000xm4 type sound and others like Vmoda- to say it differently - some people like a more commercial sound than audiphile sound- I was humbled by that... anyway I did just read this too which confirms my thoughts... https://majorhifi.com/kennerton-gjallarhorn-gh50-vs-gh50-jm-comparison-review/

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #4,567 of 10,026
Philippe (@Hartford), you can remind on the french forum MoC that if the French want to buy a Kennerton Thror Novel, it is quite possible via the Kennerton international website, contrary to what is indicated by the French importer of Kennerton products, which does not import the Gjallarhorn JM Edition, nor the Thror (including the latest version) currently.
https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354&start=300

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #4,569 of 10,026
Since Kennerton posted this on their FB, I think I could post it now.
Here's my little project. I should be getting it soon.

Screen Shot 2564-04-02 at 22.02.36.png
One surely can't argue about taste, but these are the ugliest Kennertons I've ever seen.

The cable looks nice tho

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #4,570 of 10,026
One surely can't argue about taste, but these are the ugliest Kennertons I've ever seen.

The cable looks nice tho
That’s why this hobby so awesome
Everyone’s taste is so different but we all love our music - bravo to Kennerton for being so awesome at customer custom designs

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #4,571 of 10,026
Since Kennerton posted this on their FB, I think I could post it now.
Here's my little project. I should be getting it soon.

Screen Shot 2564-04-02 at 22.02.36.png

I like the always daring look of Kennerton headphones, especially with the custom versions
(Note: my two-tone Thekk is also a daring version of this headphone).
Besides for this Wodan, in its last version (aluminum driver plate), besides being even lighter, it might be the most defined (precise) headphone of the whole Kennerton range; let's not forget that it was proposed by 6moons.com as an alternative (much more accessible for the price and much more easy to ride) to the Hifiman Susvara.
All good! :)

Apr 2, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #4,573 of 10,026
A question for the Kennerton regulars.
How is their "upgrade policy"?

Kennerton revisions seem to be very short lived. Updates flying around left and right every few months.

The new Thror for example is probably the prettiest headphone Design in Existence.
Would they offer an upgrade to those with oder Thrors?

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,574 of 10,026
Having lots of headphones that look more or less the same is boring sometimes, don't you think? :wink:
Consider that I have more or less all the models (except the Thekk. I'll get it after the Rognir).

Oh, and I want something to go with that red boots (these are among my 'crazier' pairs).

DSCF5145.jpg

Great !

Sometimes life is too short and too sad; a little madness (clothing and for headhones) can only do good. :)

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #4,575 of 10,026
33D26897-ECB9-4EBC-B229-09137EBD6299.jpeg

045DE5D8-91D9-4D72-ACBC-E7EABF787374.jpeg

CCF9C45F-DB07-4EFF-97AB-D1BCC866B946.jpeg

One of a kind - JM Edition Kennerton in red/blue with dark soft leather band and cup accents -ready to ship right now one left only- just email them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back