Kennerton Audio Closed-Back Headphones (Rögnir, Gjallarhorn GH50, Magni, M-12S, Jord)
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 100
Apr 18, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #47 of 100
I am coming from a Denon 7200, which I enjoy in almost every aspect, but I would like to step up a bit in terms of separation and bass management (I love the way my isine20 gets fast and visceral on those for instance).

Will read and see if I can get good deals in EU so to avoid heavy customs from Russia :)
I will try my best to explain how the 7200 can Magni compare and contrast. I haven't owned the actual Magni, but I did own the LSA HP-3. I don't know if the two are tuned exactly the same unfortunately.
For the low end, the Magni crushes the 7200 in every possible way, quality and quantity wise. The Magni has actually sub bass rumble, extended much further than the 7200. Magni has actual physical mid bass slam, with a richer, thicker tonality than the 7200. The low end is powerful, not excessively boomy, fast and tight.
Mids on the Magni are considerably more forward with some meat and weight. Mids on the 7200 are more laid back. Vocals on the Magni always seemed a good half step in front of everything else. Mids sound a little thinner on the 7200.
Treble is brighter and further extended on the Magni. More so in the upper mids, which I found a slight bit fatiguing during longer sessions.
In terms of resolution, it's really close, but presented a little differently. It's more noticeable in the 7200 to my ears, but likely because the 7200 doesn't have as much weight behind the sound. I refer to the 7200 as having a charming character. Easy on the ears, smooth, yet very resolving. The Magni is also resolving, but more so in the low mids and mids, which has excellent layering. The 7200 is better detailed, especially in the top end.
It really depends on what you're cup of tea is. If you prefer a more aggressive and forward presentation, then the Magni is awesome. If you want a chill sound with with solid details, the 7200 works great. The Magni is built for speed and attack - fast transients for sure. The 7200 has a nice airy sound with some soft decay that is very pleasurable. Imaging and separation is a very close call, so I can't pick a clear winner in this department.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #48 of 100
I enjoy the HP-3 myself, but the Gjallarhorn has it beat in the bass department. The Klipsch has heavy lows that can be a touch boomy at the worst of times. However, what drags the HP-3 down is its overpowering treble section that, frankly, borders on sibilance. On the other hand, the Gjallarhorn is relatively dark, with a muted and shy treble range. Thus, the presentations of both headphones are quite distinct; they share 1 common feature, and that is the attention to the lower registers.
This is why I wonder if the HP3 and Magni are tuned differently. I never hear people stating that the Magni is sibilant.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #49 of 100
So has anyone purchased the Kennerton M12 yet? It seems as though it should be warmer and darker than the Magni. More mid bass and low mid presence, and it appears to be toned down between 2 and 4k, with a slight bump around 6 and 13k. I know these drivers are not graphene coated, but I wonder how much the smaller pads have to do with the sonic changes.

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #54 of 100
Has anyone imported a high end Kennerton into the US directly from Kennerton? I am reading through the import tariffs and if I have the correct code for headphones, the tariff would be 35%. if that is the case, then I am looking at another 1225 on top of the 3500 for the headphones...love the Rognir, but not sure for 5k...

Jun 25, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #55 of 100
Has anyone imported a high end Kennerton into the US directly from Kennerton? I am reading through the import tariffs and if I have the correct code for headphones, the tariff would be 35%. if that is the case, then I am looking at another 1225 on top of the 3500 for the headphones...love the Rognir, but not sure for 5k...
They are 3,4 k $ on Audio46.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #56 of 100
I ordered my Rognir direct and paid $0 for import.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #57 of 100
The LSA headphones definitely aren't knockoffs because they're made by Kennerton and LSA makes cosmetic changes with some sonic changes. I have the HP-2 and it's one of my favorite headphones and they have some of the best detail retrieval I've heard, I feel like they're just as detailed as my Heddphone.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #59 of 100
I ordered my Rognir direct and paid $0 for import.
As an owner of the Rognir, any impressions of it? The only review I have found on line was a video review where they stated they sounded almost electro static in sound, maybe even a bit bright at times which caught my attention as I an quite sensitive to sibilance, had some nice phones in the past but the hot top end ends up making me get rid of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back