Kennerton Audio Closed-Back Headphones (Rögnir, Gjallarhorn GH50, Magni, M-12S, Jord)
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 100
Wow, that's actually quite small. The pads on the T5p (2nd Generation) are already compact for a full-sized headphone, so anything smaller would be stretching it, really.

On the other hand, my Gjallarhorn doesn't feel too constricting in use, so it must be a little bigger than the Magni? Or, my ears are just on the small side.

Did you wrote some impressions on the Gjallarhorn yet? :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 100
Did you wrote some impressions on the Gjallarhorn yet? :)
Yes, I have written 2 comparative impressions with the following headphones -
Whilst the Gjallahorn loses out to some of the esteemed members of the closed-back fraternity in a few technical areas, such as clarity and detail, treble brilliance, and staging, the Kennerton puts up a great fight in the bass arena. It has a fantastic, well-textured, hard-hitting low-end presentation. The makers promised some great bass, and they've certainly delivered, IMO. :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #19 of 100
Yes, I have written 2 comparative impressions with the following headphones -
Whilst the Gjallahorn loses out to some of the esteemed members of the closed-back fraternity in a few technical areas, such as clarity and detail, treble brilliance, and staging, the Kennerton puts up a great fight in the bass arena. It has a fantastic, well-textured, hard-hitting low-end presentation. The makers promised some great bass, and they've certainly delivered, IMO. :)
Thanks I will read them in the wend then :)

I was following also the HP-3 thread, so glad to be able to read about a comparison.

If they don't leak and can hopefully pair up with DAPs such my R2r2000, then they might be an option (these or the Magni if opting for a cheaper option).

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #20 of 100
Thanks I will read them in the wend then :)

I was following also the HP-3 thread, so glad to be able to read about a comparison.

If they don't leak and can hopefully pair up with DAPs such my R2r2000, then they might be an option (these or the Magni if opting for a cheaper option).
I enjoy the HP-3 myself, but the Gjallarhorn has it beat in the bass department. The Klipsch has heavy lows that can be a touch boomy at the worst of times. However, what drags the HP-3 down is its overpowering treble section that, frankly, borders on sibilance. On the other hand, the Gjallarhorn is relatively dark, with a muted and shy treble range. Thus, the presentations of both headphones are quite distinct; they share 1 common feature, and that is the attention to the lower registers.

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 100
I enjoy the HP-3 myself, but the Gjallarhorn has it beat in the bass department. The Klipsch has heavy lows that can be a touch boomy at the worst of times. However, what drags the HP-3 down is its overpowering treble section that, frankly, borders on sibilance. On the other hand, the Gjallarhorn is relatively dark, with a muted and shy treble range. Thus, the presentations of both headphones are quite distinct; they share 1 common feature, and that is the attention to the lower registers.

I am coming from a Denon 7200, which I enjoy in almost every aspect, but I would like to step up a bit in terms of separation and bass management (I love the way my isine20 gets fast and visceral on those for instance).

Will read and see if I can get good deals in EU so to avoid heavy customs from Russia :)

Feb 7, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #23 of 100
Does the Pads are the same size? can you swap those even from the higher models?
Magni and Gjallarhorn share pad(size),
Vali and the open-back planars share pad(size). You can get 2 types of pads for Vali/Open planars in the form of ECL-01 and ECL-02

Can you swap between Magni/Gjallarhorn and Vali/Open planar pads? Don't try.

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #24 of 100
I am looking to add Magni or Gjallarhorn to my cans collection, stumbled upon this on and looks like a cosmetic changed version in USA and not sure of any sound signature differences but wanted to add this here for potential buyers looking for convenience and fast shipping.

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/hp-2-ultra

The cup size from fellow enthusiast " BubbaJay " who has HPA-2 on my enquiry: The cups are just under 2 1/2 inches all the way around. My ears fit but do touch the sides a tad but not enough to bother me, plus you can buy other pads like from ZMF that will give you more room. I'd say unless you have large ears you should be fine.

Personally split between these and Focal Radiance...waiting for some more reviews on Radiance which is quite a bit up on cost factor.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #25 of 100
Hi Guys. New owner of a Kennerton Magni (thanks to Arielext), and cannot be more happy.

I've tried a few top closed back headphones and these have become my favourite by far. Dynamics are insane in this pair. Good speed, great bass articulation with amazing slam when needed, thick mids and good treble without any sibilance.

The combination is just outstanding. I've seen that you are talking about the Klipsch HP3, I owned those for a bit and I can say that except for soundstage, the Magnis beat them in every department.
Bass in the Hp3 is powerfull but bleed into the mids and lacks the definition and clarity that the magnis has.

I thought it was hard to surprise me after years in this hobby, but the magnis managed to put a smile in my face every time I use them.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #26 of 100
Seeing how people have described the Gjallahorn I don't see how the LSA HP-2 is the same headphone (LSA says it is) because to me it sounds nothing like how the Gjallahorn is said to sound. To me, the HP-2 is one of the most detailed headphones I've heard and is more detailed than both my Arya and AP2000ti which are both pretty good. It's a very balanced headphone with nothing elevated or exaggerated and I actually go up about 2dB on the bass to give it a little more kick.

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #27 of 100
Magni and Gjallarhorn share pad(size),
Vali and the open-back planars share pad(size). You can get 2 types of pads for Vali/Open planars in the form of ECL-01 and ECL-02

Can you swap between Magni/Gjallarhorn and Vali/Open planar pads? Don't try.
Thanks for the comet - looks like some new HP going to join my collection, i will be smarter when they arrive.. I just need to chose what to order :)

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #29 of 100
Hi Guys. New owner of a Kennerton Magni (thanks to Arielext), and cannot be more happy.

I've tried a few top closed back headphones and these have become my favourite by far. Dynamics are insane in this pair. Good speed, great bass articulation with amazing slam when needed, thick mids and good treble without any sibilance.

The combination is just outstanding. I've seen that you are talking about the Klipsch HP3, I owned those for a bit and I can say that except for soundstage, the Magnis beat them in every department.
Bass in the Hp3 is powerfull but bleed into the mids and lacks the definition and clarity that the magnis has.

I thought it was hard to surprise me after years in this hobby, but the magnis managed to put a smile in my face every time I use them.
What were the other closed back headphones that you tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back