Kennerton Audio Closed-Back Headphones (Rögnir, Gjallarhorn GH50, Magni, M-12S, Jord)
Feb 8, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #31 of 100
Hi, any of you guys can recommend me a nice and not very expensive cable for Kennerton Gjallahorn. Thank you!

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #32 of 100
Hi, any of you guys can recommend me a nice and not very expensive cable for Kennerton Gjallahorn. Thank you!

Periapt cables are always a good choice if you don't want to spend a lot.

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #33 of 100
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #34 of 100
Feb 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #35 of 100
Seeing how people have described the Gjallahorn I don't see how the LSA HP-2 is the same headphone (LSA says it is) because to me it sounds nothing like how the Gjallahorn is said to sound. To me, the HP-2 is one of the most detailed headphones I've heard and is more detailed than both my Arya and AP2000ti which are both pretty good. It's a very balanced headphone with nothing elevated or exaggerated and I actually go up about 2dB on the bass to give it a little more kick.

Thx for sharing your experience, I was hoping it had a little boost on lower octaves as some of the Gjallahorn reviews had indicated, LSA says cosmetic changes and with the price difference my assumption there might be tuning differences in these models, hard to tell unless you compare both side by side.

Horns remind me of Klipsch speakers, fun for short time but fatiguing for me after a while. How is your experience so far for low volume and long term listening? do they respond well to EQ? seems like you may have Sony Z1R and curious how these both compare?

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #36 of 100
Thx for sharing your experience, I was hoping it had a little boost on lower octaves as some of the Gjallahorn reviews had indicated, LSA says cosmetic changes and with the price difference my assumption there might be tuning differences in these models, hard to tell unless you compare both side by side.

Horns remind me of Klipsch speakers, fun for short time but fatiguing for me after a while. How is your experience so far for low volume and long term listening? do they respond well to EQ? seems like you may have Sony Z1R and curious how these both compare?

First off they have much better detail retrieval over the Z1R but the Sony has more bass impact, between the 2 I like the HP-2 quite a bit more.

As for low listening levels, I'd say I normally listen around 80dB or so but do go up to maybe 85dB from time to time. They sound really good no matter what level I listen at and I do EQ the bass a little but as for everything else, there really is no need to because these are one of (if not the most) balanced headphones I've heard. Other than to compare I haven't even picked up any of my other headphones since I got the HP-2, I like them that much. I won't say there the end all be all but for headphones under $1000 I don't think any can beat these at detail retrieval and imo they're right there with the HD800s in that regard. If you like a balanced natural sound then these will work great for you.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #38 of 100
Thanks I will read them in the wend then :)

I was following also the HP-3 thread, so glad to be able to read about a comparison.

If they don't leak and can hopefully pair up with DAPs such my R2r2000, then they might be an option (these or the Magni if opting for a cheaper option).
I can't find this HP-3 thread. Do you have a link?

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #39 of 100
Seeing how people have described the Gjallahorn I don't see how the LSA HP-2 is the same headphone (LSA says it is) because to me it sounds nothing like how the Gjallahorn is said to sound. To me, the HP-2 is one of the most detailed headphones I've heard and is more detailed than both my Arya and AP2000ti which are both pretty good. It's a very balanced headphone with nothing elevated or exaggerated and I actually go up about 2dB on the bass to give it a little more kick.
I'm thinking the same thing. I recently acquired the LSA HP-3, and it sounds nothing like what I've read, watched, and been told about the Magni. I'm not so sure these sets are using the same drivers. I think I'm gonna return my HP-3.

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #41 of 100
I sent you a PM

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #42 of 100
Here's a pic of Kennerton Rögnir final prototype that I've tried recently :)

DSC_2602.JPG

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #43 of 100
Love my Kennerton Magni's, had an issue w/ them and sent them off to Russia to be fixed back in October 2020, I've been tracking progress in a thread over at HFGF for months now just to show people what happens when/if something goes wrong with one of these fine pieces. Jan 2, 2021 is here and no communication back from Russia nor has the USPS tracking information been any help. As far as I can tell they are somewhere in Europe tied up in customs. Shipping anything during this pandemic and holiday season especially overseas has not been a pleasant experience. I figure I'll wait till April 2021 or so before I call them a total loss. I enjoyed my Magni's so much I would consider purchasing a second pair if i never see my originals again. YMMV this has been my experience so far.
I decided to post here on the off chance anyone closer to the Kennerton family views these threads and can offer an update on if my HP's actually made it there or not. Happy new year to all.
Any update? This has been on of the reasons I'm reluctant to buy Kennerton. If something goes wrong it has the added lag of having to go to Russia for repairs, as opposed to Audeze or even Focal.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #44 of 100
Any update? This has been on of the reasons I'm reluctant to buy Kennerton. If something goes wrong it has the added lag of having to go to Russia for repairs, as opposed to Audeze or even Focal.
Yes and it is all BAD news for me, the Headphones reached St. Petursburg Russia on New Years. The postmaster was unable to get in touch w/ the folks at Kennerton for various reasons and decided to ship them BACK to the USA. Kennerton realized what happened and emailed me to let me know and then said that once i receive them back They would offer me advice on shipping via UPS which would work better. (I shipped the damned things from a UPS store in the first place so i have no idea what “better” way they could possibly offer up?)

Anyway, i promptly wrote back asking if they would be kind enough to at least offer me a discount on a new pair, it’s been since mid-October that this process began and August of 2020 when i realized there was an issue w/ the HP... No response back on a small discount for me to just purchase a replacement pair.

shipping 1 way to Russia w/ no insurance and minimal declaration value was $70 And i used a small 10% discount get. So as of right now, NO HP, no solution, NO idea if the HP is actually on its way back to USA, tracking info not available. I am into these for more than they are worth.

i really enjoyed the damned things for the few minutes i got to use them, they have aplace in my collection but dealing international is an expensive and lengthy pain in the ass process. Yes, i want another pair, yes i will probably purchase more than one set. Damned if I do it without trepidation, stress and Worry my luck has been bad...but that’s all it is, bad luck i think they are a good product. Good luck

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #45 of 100
Yes and it is all BAD news for me, the Headphones reached St. Petursburg Russia on New Years. The postmaster was unable to get in touch w/ the folks at Kennerton for various reasons and decided to ship them BACK to the USA. Kennerton realized what happened and emailed me to let me know and then said that once i receive them back They would offer me advice on shipping via UPS which would work better. (I shipped the damned things from a UPS store in the first place so i have no idea what “better” way they could possibly offer up?)

Anyway, i promptly wrote back asking if they would be kind enough to at least offer me a discount on a new pair, it’s been since mid-October that this process began and August of 2020 when i realized there was an issue w/ the HP... No response back on a small discount for me to just purchase a replacement pair.

shipping 1 way to Russia w/ no insurance and minimal declaration value was $70 And i used a small 10% discount get. So as of right now, NO HP, no solution, NO idea if the HP is actually on its way back to USA, tracking info not available. I am into these for more than they are worth.

i really enjoyed the damned things for the few minutes i got to use them, they have aplace in my collection but dealing international is an expensive and lengthy pain in the ass process. Yes, i want another pair, yes i will probably purchase more than one set. Damned if I do it without trepidation, stress and Worry my luck has been bad...but that’s all it is, bad luck i think they are a good product. Good luck
Ivan at Kennerton went out of his way to get my Headphones BACK to Russia a second time, he went above and beyond to make sure I received brand new drivers, tested them fully and used expedited shipping to get them back in my hands in the USA. I stand behind Kennerton fully, recommend them fully and am the proud owner of 3 different sets, all of which work 100% and perform as advertised. My situation was an exception and I cannot thank Kennerton enough for continuing to follow through for months to both honor their warranty and get a working set in my hands again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back