Kennerton Audio Closed-Back Headphones (Rögnir, Gjallarhorn GH50, Magni, M-12S, Jord)
Jul 6, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #61 of 100
As an owner of the Rognir, any impressions of it? The only review I have found on line was a video review where they stated they sounded almost electro static in sound, maybe even a bit bright at times which caught my attention as I an quite sensitive to sibilance, had some nice phones in the past but the hot top end ends up making me get rid of them...
You may ask particulars and I'll touch on them while providing a comparative target for reference.

Jul 6, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #62 of 100
Anybody have a balanced cable that works with the HP-2? I have one for my Elear, but I get no sound when connected to the HP-2. Specifically looking for a 4.4 mm termination. Hoping to combine with an ibasso dx300 for a transportable rig.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #63 of 100
Anybody have a balanced cable that works with the HP-2? I have one for my Elear, but I get no sound when connected to the HP-2. Specifically looking for a 4.4 mm termination. Hoping to combine with an ibasso dx300 for a transportable rig.
I was using my 4.4mm Meze balanced cable with my HP-3.

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #64 of 100
You may ask particulars and I'll touch on them while providing a comparative target for reference

You may ask particulars and I'll touch on them while providing a comparative target for reference.
I'm sorry, I am not well versed in the nomenclature - I have a LCD-2 Closed, how would you compare the top end of those two? Is the Rognir brighter on just consider it more detailed? Is the bottom end have the traditional planar sound of a flat but deep or is it boosted in some way? Is there a dynamic phone that you would compare the Rognir similar to?

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #67 of 100
I'm sorry, I am not well versed in the nomenclature - I have a LCD-2 Closed, how would you compare the top end of those two? Is the Rognir brighter on just consider it more detailed? Is the bottom end have the traditional planar sound of a flat but deep or is it boosted in some way? Is there a dynamic phone that you would compare the Rognir similar to?
No worries. The LCD-2 Closed is more recessed and hard in the treble, conversely the Rognir would be apparently bright but importantly very smooth and definitely more detailed and resolute. The bass is that of traditional planar with refinement in bass textures and there is arguably a mid-bass boost which is slight but the presence is of quality that gives a lively, dynamic response. Rognir reminds me a bit of Abyss TC but more likely Empyrean done right as the balance is fantastic and the technicalities are not gimped.

There is not any real, tangible relevance but the Utopia comes to mind. Timbre is completely different as is the staging but within top-tier imaging, resolution, speed and over-all dynamic presentation no other dynamic seems to fit Rognir.

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #68 of 100
Hey guys. Can anyone recommend a third party balanced cable for the Gjallarhorn (GH50) available within the UK at sensible pricing?
Skyaudio cables makes really great and cheap cables in the UK, you can customize the colour, material and the jack. Here's the link with the cable you need for the Gjallahorn :wink:.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174635205287

Aug 4, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #70 of 100
I just started a Kennerton Rognir tour.

I am still in the process to finalise the content of the package with Kennerton. I just received the earcup photo, it will be a "bluish" stabilised wood, Kennerton will add a "lightweight" 4.4mm headphone for portable gears, and we'll also include extra pairs of earpads to accommodate different sound preference in the tour. We hope to bring you a complete Rongir experience in this tour.

On the other hand, if you are heading to Canjam SoCal 2021, make sure you add Rognir in your agenda, this is an one-off public demonstrate of Rognir in US.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 7, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #72 of 100
Love my Kennerton Magni's, had an issue w/ them and sent them off to Russia to be fixed back in October 2020, I've been tracking progress in a thread over at HFGF for months now just to show people what happens when/if something goes wrong with one of these fine pieces. Jan 2, 2021 is here and no communication back from Russia nor has the USPS tracking information been any help. As far as I can tell they are somewhere in Europe tied up in customs. Shipping anything during this pandemic and holiday season especially overseas has not been a pleasant experience. I figure I'll wait till April 2021 or so before I call them a total loss. I enjoyed my Magni's so much I would consider purchasing a second pair if i never see my originals again. YMMV this has been my experience so far.
I decided to post here on the off chance anyone closer to the Kennerton family views these threads and can offer an update on if my HP's actually made it there or not. Happy new year to all.
Did you ever get those back?

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #73 of 100
Did you ever get those back?
I did receive them back, yes. The right driver continues to have crackle despite my every attempt to use the gentlest amplifiers i own to drive them. I took time to try and do proper burn in, just in case that was the issues. Finally out of frustration i started communication again looking for a solution. As of September 8 2021 Ivan said he would offer a new replacement HP. He could not offer the exotic wood cups i own but i was willing to take anything simply to have a working HP. As of today October 8, 2021 i have not had further communication and continue to wait patiently before i again e-mail back. I assume a new pair was sent but have received NO verification of such. Basically, i have not had a working HP since i purchased these 2 years ago. They have been around the world twice over and at this point i simply own pretty paperweights. Should an actual replacement pair ever arrive i will immediately offer them up for sale, untouched from the factory at a significant cost savings simply to be done with Kennerton, i have reached the end limits of my patience. Consequently I will probably offer my JM GH50’s for sale too as they will continue to remind me regularly of this slow train wreck i have dealt w/ for 2 years now. Wonderful HP’s, very pretty and when they work they are lovely.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #74 of 100
I did receive them back, yes. The right driver continues to have crackle despite my every attempt to use the gentlest amplifiers i own to drive them. I took time to try and do proper burn in, just in case that was the issues. Finally out of frustration i started communication again looking for a solution. As of September 8 2021 Ivan said he would offer a new replacement HP. He could not offer the exotic wood cups i own but i was willing to take anything simply to have a working HP. As of today October 8, 2021 i have not had further communication and continue to wait patiently before i again e-mail back. I assume a new pair was sent but have received NO verification of such. Basically, i have not had a working HP since i purchased these 2 years ago. They have been around the world twice over and at this point i simply own pretty paperweights. Should an actual replacement pair ever arrive i will immediately offer them up for sale, untouched from the factory at a significant cost savings simply to be done with Kennerton, i have reached the end limits of my patience. Consequently I will probably offer my JM GH50’s for sale too as they will continue to remind me regularly of this slow train wreck i have dealt w/ for 2 years now. Wonderful HP’s, very pretty and when they work they are lovely.
Oh man, how frustrating! Hopefully the replacement pair shows up at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back