KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #1,111 of 1,358
Still loving my M200 with TS-500 Complys of course.  KEF should have provided these tips from the get go.  The mic is great.  It's one of the few where all functions (volume, pause/play, next, previous, answer, hang-up, mute) works with my Blackberry.

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,113 of 1,358
  Bought M200  three weeks ago from Newegg, and they came with TS-500 (L, M, S).
Much warmer than my DT 990 and no harsh on high, clearer vocal.
I'm very satisfied with this product.

I loved the M200 while I had it.  Only reason I sold mine was because it just wouldn't stay in my ears.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #1,116 of 1,358
It seems to me to understand why M200 wasn't hyped as some other Chinese brands products. It's very sensitive to source. Recently I found it amamzingly paired well with Explorer!! Really fresh experience. Great!

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,117 of 1,358
  It seems to me to understand why M200 wasn't hyped as some other Chinese brands products. It's very sensitive to source. Recently I found it amamzingly paired well with Explorer!! Really fresh experience. Great!

Haven't really realized that. I miss my M200. Warranty replacement.

Also, just want to bring up that KEF is British. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,118 of 1,358
  Haven't really realized that. I miss my M200. Warranty replacement.

Also, just want to bring up that KEF is British. 

It's shocked me! It's unimpressive for most my sources. Before, I found it's best with neutron througy Nexus 7, amplified by NX1. Recently I used it with Explorer, Man, So much details, such a huge soundstage, very neutral, very balanced, and sound a little bit warmer than other sources (before, I think it's too cold).

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,119 of 1,358
To anyone who loves the KEF M200's sound signature but hates the fit / comfort, I can recommend the Radius HP-NHR21, which I had on loan from a fellow head-fier (thanks Marco!).

The Radius reminded me very much of the M200: tastefully boosted but not overbearing bass, bottomless low end extension, smooth, natural and slightly warm-ish mids, highly detailed treble without being sharp or sibilant, awesome soundstage. Fit is downward only, but a lot easier and comfier than with the M200. Even though I usually prefer a less bassy sound signature, I like both the KEF M200 and Radius HP-NHR21 a lot. 
smile_phones.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,120 of 1,358
  To anyone who loves the KEF M200's sound signature but hates the fit / comfort, I can recommend the Radius HP-NHR21, which I had on loan from a fellow head-fier (thanks Marco!).

The Radius reminded me very much of the M200: tastefully boosted but not overbearing bass, bottomless low end extension, smooth, natural and slightly warm-ish mids, highly detailed treble without being sharp or sibilant, awesome soundstage. Fit is downward only, but a lot easier and comfier than with the M200. Even though I usually prefer a less bassy sound signature, I like both the KEF M200 and Radius HP-NHR21 a lot. 
smile_phones.gif

Nice. They look interesting, though not readily available in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back