KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,277 of 1,358
Did M500 need burn-in? Now I found it sounds really phenomenal! Now I understand why it was highly rated. Very happy with it now!
It is a really easy to like signature for sure. I enjoyed the M500 very much and since have purchased a set of KEF speakers (R300) that I like very much when supported by two REL subs.

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,278 of 1,358
Did M500 need burn-in? Now I found it sounds really phenomenal! Now I understand why it was highly rated. Very happy with it now!

I burn in everything...just in case. I love the sound and the comfort of my Kef M500.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,279 of 1,358
I burn in everything...just in case. I love the sound and the comfort of my Kef M500.

I forgot that you have the M500's. Heck, I forgot that I have them! Time for me to show them some love (after I manage to get the NH's off of my head lol)

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,282 of 1,358
Just scored a Blk on Blk M500 for $99.99! Get one while you can at this price folks from KEF Direct.

Can’t wait to hear them for the first time!

Nov 23, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,284 of 1,358
Just scored a Blk on Blk M500 for $99.99! Get one while you can at this price folks from KEF Direct.

Can’t wait to hear them for the first time!

I have the black/black. They look gorgeous, sound great and are surprisingly comfortable. You will be happy:)

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #1,287 of 1,358
Apr 6, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #1,288 of 1,358
Thought I'd share this here...
smile_phones.gif

By pure chance, I came by a local shop that had the Porsche Design Motion One (made by KEF) on display. I hadn't even known these existed. Anyway, I asked for an audition and they're really really good. Moderately (but tastefully) emphasized bass, clear mids and refined treble. Zero sibilance or harshness. Detachable earpieces that can be used either via cable or wireless BT-necklace, both included. Earpieces have a swivel mechanism, which makes them comfy to wear both downwards and over-ears, despite angled nozzles. Very nifty... you can tell that a great deal of thought has gone into the design. Decent isolation. Overall pretty good value imo, for 250 bucks.

Bottom line, these strike me as a nice upgrade for people who love the M200, but want a slightly more reference-like (less bassy) tuning, better ergonomics, and the option to go wireless.

These came on sale here in Canada at Visions Electronics for $148 so I grabbed a pair today. HOT DAMN do these ever sound good! They have an amazing 3D quality and I love how they portray strings. The bass is elevated just enough to satisfy me but not bass head level. Way more comfortable than the M200.

I have seen comments about the MMCX connector failing but that's par for the course for that connector type in my experience. My plan will be to never disconnect them and hope that will keep them failing. But these sound good enough I might just go buy the 2 year over the counter replacement warranty just to be safe.

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #1,290 of 1,358
These came on sale here in Canada at Visions Electronics for $148 so I grabbed a pair today. HOT DAMN do these ever sound good! They have an amazing 3D quality and I love how they portray strings. The bass is elevated just enough to satisfy me but not bass head level. Way more comfortable than the M200.

I have seen comments about the MMCX connector failing but that's par for the course for that connector type in my experience. My plan will be to never disconnect them and hope that will keep them failing. But these sound good enough I might just go buy the 2 year over the counter replacement warranty just to be safe.

Thx! I saw the wireless version of their full size headphones might give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back