KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,023 of 1,358
I did. Just wondered what the head-fi experience has been.

Oh, yeah. Maybe they found the silcons are no way any better than the complys, so not include them.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,024 of 1,358
  Oh, yeah. Maybe they found the silcons are no way any better than the complys, so not include them.
biggrin.gif

They should just throw the large spiral dot tips in with them and be done with it! :)

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,025 of 1,358
I did. Just wondered what the head-fi experience has been.

Mine only came with 3 sets of Complys. I hate them so I sent Kef an email today requesting silicone. It's all going to have to wait because I'm packaging up the M200s tonight for return.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,026 of 1,358
Yeah I wonder, early in this thread there were reports of driver flex. I notice that with the complys this is mostly eliminated. However I am concerned that if I use silicones that the flex that occurs might damage the drivers. Also looking at the tip design the stock silicones are specifically contoured to fit the unusual tips, and having them might be important for resale value.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,027 of 1,358
Yeah I wonder, early in this thread there were reports of driver flex. I notice that with the complys this is mostly eliminated. However I am concerned that if I use silicones that the flex that occurs might damage the drivers. Also looking at the tip design the stock silicones are specifically contoured to fit the unusual tips, and having them might be important for resale value.

What resale value? 
cool.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,029 of 1,358
Well, they sound awesome. Smooth yet detailed, and full-bodied with a huge stage...but

BUT

The fit is awful. Not a fan of foam tips in the first place, so that they only included foam is a bit of a bummer, especially considering I don't really have any silicon tips which are both the right size for my ears and can fit over the nozzle. I can't seem to go more than a few minutes at a time without fidgeting with these things to reseal them.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,030 of 1,358

They should just throw the large spiral dot tips in with them and be done with it! :)

Could u show me a pic of the box of these large spiral dot tips, are not all the same?

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,031 of 1,358
Contact KEF like I did to get the set of tips that may fit you better.  Mine came with the silicone tips and the large fits quite nicely for a change. I received a response from them after 2 days of the initial email request. I don't need the foam tips, but it's a nice to have to experiment at the very least without costing a cent. 

The SQ at $50 is just INSANE, IMO.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #1,033 of 1,358
Thanks.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,034 of 1,358

I use tips M, it also serves on the M200 or must be the same size L?

It seems an ignorant question, but I'm waiting for M200 and don't know the size of tips for them.

I was confused because I thought he was referring to the wide hole of spiral dot tips.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #1,035 of 1,358
I sold off all my M, M/L, and L Spiral dot tips before I received the M200.  I seem to recall that the nozzle tube on the tips where wider according to their appropriate tip size, but I'm not sure.  I guess I'm lucky that the stock L tips works very well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back