KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #991 of 1,358
Someone said it only has 12 Ohm. How can it be?! It's too hard to drive, man?!
Still feel not bassy! Cannot compare to IE80! Will it have more bass after burning in? Or did I get a bad one?
But otherwise, it really great. Especially the soundstage and 3D imaging - close to Ie80!

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #992 of 1,358
  Someone said it only has 12 Ohm. How can it be?! It's too hard to drive, man?!
Still feel not bassy! Cannot compare to IE80! Will it have more bass after burning in? Or did I get a bad one?
But otherwise, it really great. Especially the soundstage and 3D imaging - close to Ie80!

They're bassy in comparison to a flat / balanced phone, but still less bassy than the IE80. Particularly midbass is more boosted on the Senns.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #993 of 1,358

They're bassy in comparison to a flat / balanced phone, but still less bassy than the IE80. Particularly midbass is more boosted on the Senns.

Thanks. That's exactly what I feel. now I know why someone cannot endure the bass of IE80. haha
I still like Senn. more. But this is a great earphones! Close to IE80 in many facets.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #994 of 1,358

But it's too hard to drive it, much harder than IE80. IE80 is so easy to drive. What amplifier do you use? Does it have obvious improvement with/without amplifier? Thanks!

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #995 of 1,358
  Thanks. That's exactly what I feel. now I know why someone cannot endure the bass of IE80. haha
I still like Senn. more. But this is a great earphones! Close to IE80 in many facets.

But it's too hard to drive it, much harder than IE80. IE80 is so easy to drive. What amplifier do you use? Does it have obvious improvement with/without amplifier? Thanks!

Imo the Senns are a lot more comfortable and better suited for on the go. I wished they had less midbass though, more like the M200.

I use them wired with a FiiO X3 and wireless with an Elecom PAR500 BT-receiver. Both are able to drive them effortlessly to ear-splitting volume. I think they benefit from a powerful source, but it's not a day and night difference.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #996 of 1,358

Imo the Senns are a lot more comfortable and better suited for on the go. I wished they had less midbass though, more like the M200.

I use them wired with a FiiO X3 and wireless with an Elecom PAR500 BT-receiver. Both are able to drive them effortlessly to ear-splitting volume. I think they benefit from a powerful source, but it's not a day and night difference.

Thanks, James!
I'm a basshead, I like Senn.
darthsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #997 of 1,358
keep us posted! pictures too =) i like pictures
biggrin.gif

So I got these bad boys on Friday!! I used them all weekend long.  I'm not a huge bass guy so I found them to be more than adequate with bass.  they are very comfortable and they fit my head great.  I never got the sense that they would fall off(I didn't run with them, just walked around).  I tried a lot of different types of music and found that they are their best with songs that have the voice as the predominate force of the song(opera was really nice).  Not sure about this whole burn-in process but I've clocked about 10 hours with them but no difference.  Compared to my previous headphones they are night and day, but I did use cheap in-ear phones so that's to be expected.  My only problem now is that I notice the bad quality of some streamed audio(using google music at work) particularity hiphop songs.  oh well.  I can't post pics but I'm sure you guys have seen plenty of pictures of them :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #998 of 1,358
I picked up the M500 for £180 from Head Room on the weekend. I am really happy with the sound quality, especially as I am still warming them up. At half way on my Macbook, I get decent volume level and clarity :)

Earlier in this thread some people were saying that they were uncomfortable to wear for long periods. I have been wearing most of the day today and it has been really comfortable. No sweaty ears either.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #999 of 1,358
  I picked up the M500 for £180 from Head Room on the weekend. I am really happy with the sound quality, especially as I am still warming them up. At half way on my Macbook, I get decent volume level and clarity :)

Earlier in this thread some people were saying that they were uncomfortable to wear for long periods. I have been wearing most of the day today and it has been really comfortable. No sweaty ears either.

i've been hearing the opposite! that their one of the most comfortable on ear headphones out there!  because of the pillowy earpads, and the light clamping force

how stable are they on the head? i've been on the fence on these guys for a long time, (i'm not gonna be exercising with them) just walking around.

but i've been hearing some people said that when they look down or move their head, they shift. which is a bit concerning for a portable on ear headphone... i'm not expecting the stability of my amperiors but i do want something modern looking, compact, relatively comfortable (if its super comfortable thats a bonus) and obviously sounds good (on the bassier side, with a bit of a smoothed off treble for use in noisy environments, maybe something with a thicker midrange and sound overall)

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,000 of 1,358
I remember reading that someone said the memory foam was a bit stiff at first which is where that comment came from.

I find them super comfortable though I have only been using them in eanest today at home so I can't comment what they are like walking about. That being said I was doing a lot of head bopping listening to music and they barely moved.

I will take them out for a walk later this week and let you know. I suspect they won't move much

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,001 of 1,358
I remember reading that someone said the memory foam was a bit stiff at first which is where that comment came from.

I find them super comfortable though I have only been using them in eanest today at home so I can't comment what they are like walking about. That being said I was doing a lot of head bopping listening to music and they barely moved.

I will take them out for a walk later this week and let you know. I suspect they won't move much

if it can withstand some head banging it should be good.... alright i'm getting a pair for sure now... just gonna sell off what i have first... now... * looks at collection* which one of you(s) are gonna be my ticket(s) to dem m500s?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #1,002 of 1,358
Got in my $50 M200s today. Excellent sound. Fitment is an adventure though and half my ear tips won't even fit on the nozzles. Speaking of the nozzles, they're huge!

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #1,003 of 1,358
Got in my $50 M200s today. Excellent sound. Fitment is an adventure though and half my ear tips won't even fit on the nozzles. Speaking of the nozzles, they're huge!
Sennheiser silicone tips fit. It's a chore I get them on though.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,004 of 1,358

JVC Spiral Dots fit also.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,005 of 1,358
Well, I noticed what I believe to be a defect with the M200s today. The right ear piece makes a faint rattling noise in the background on some tracks. It's not constant. Also, it can't be heard on some tracks. I've tried different sources and headphones and the noise is only on the right ear piece of the Kef. Anyone else have a similar experience? Guess I'll contact Newegg tomorrow about getting a replacement. Oh, it's much louder on phone calls. Sad day today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back