K701 thread
Jan 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #1,307 of 2,619
Jan 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #1,308 of 2,619
Appreciate the effort, however I just bought an M Stage used last night so I guess it's too late to turn back now!
beyersmile.png

Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone else used the second edition Matrix M Stage with the K701?  Thoughts?

I am still waiting for my K701 to be delivered. Then I can post some impressions on how they pair with the M-Stage 

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #1,309 of 2,619
Well I hope you like the combo. Please post your impressions, what you like and what you don't like about it. Also when you find out which gain settings you like the best with K 701, please do let us know. Do you have other amps or other tube amps that you can compare it with? 

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,311 of 2,619
Congrats on the purchase, and I have no doubt you'll love the K701 - Matrix pairing.  Incredible synergy.  Its also a solid amp for just about any headphone, so its nice to know you'll have a great amp if you ever buy a different pair of headphones.  Enjoy 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Appreciate the effort, however I just bought an M Stage used last night so I guess it's too late to turn back now!
beyersmile.png

Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone else used the second edition Matrix M Stage with the K701?  Thoughts?

I am still waiting for my K701 to be delivered. Then I can post some impressions on how they pair with the M-Stage 

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,315 of 2,619
My 701's just arrived. Listening to them now...they are nice but I am not wow'ed...not yet. It could be that they are not burned in yet or the headphone/amp pairing....I am using my Little Dot 1+ which is all I have atm...I am planning to grab a FiiO E9 though as soon as I have a little extra cash. The LD seems to give it plenty of juice, I just think the amp/tubes are a little too warm for the 701's. It seems there is the slightest veil over everything. I still need to listen to some more stuff...I can hear a great potential though....I love the very forward mids, they really get the vocals up and in my face...which I like.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #1,316 of 2,619

Quote:
My 701's just arrived. Listening to them now...they are nice but I am not wow'ed...not yet. It could be that they are not burned in yet or the headphone/amp pairing....I am using my Little Dot 1+ which is all I have atm...I am planning to grab a FiiO E9 though as soon as I have a little extra cash. The LD seems to give it plenty of juice, I just think the amp/tubes are a little too warm for the 701's. It seems there is the slightest veil over everything. I still need to listen to some more stuff...I can hear a great potential though....I love the very forward mids, they really get the vocals up and in my face...which I like.

keep in mind that this is all out of my sound card, but at first my K701's didn't even sound better than my triports. within 5 hours of listening they blew them out of the water

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #1,317 of 2,619
Yeah...I pm'ed the seller and he said they have 100-200 hours on them. They sound good, but not great. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. I do think they have more to offer...I just need a different amp. I think the tubes are too warm and adding a veil over the top end. I want to get the E9 anyways so I am hoping that will hope...and some more burn in can't hurt either I guess. I am definitely going to give these a chance.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #1,318 of 2,619

Quote:
Yeah...I pm'ed the seller and he said they have 100-200 hours on them. They sound good, but not great. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. I do think they have more to offer...I just need a different amp. I think the tubes are too warm and adding a veil over the top end. I want to get the E9 anyways so I am hoping that will hope...and some more burn in can't hurt either I guess. I am definitely going to give these a chance.

that's what I'm currently waiting on (with e7 as well). unfortunately since i'm in Canada it's gonna take 10 days for the mail to get there, then a couple days for the package to come here
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #1,319 of 2,619
Greeting folks :)
Just got my K701 few days ago and I am extremely pleased with it :D
I never knew music can be this lively! (I was using PX100-II and PX200-II)

Anyway one small question, not a big deal but the AKG logo is missing from my headphone, is this one of the variant?
Production number is 51859.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #1,320 of 2,619

Quote:
Greeting folks :)
Just got my K701 few days ago and I am extremely pleased with it :D
I never knew music can be this lively! (I was using PX100-II and PX200-II)

Anyway one small question, not a big deal but the AKG logo is missing from my headphone, is this one of the variant?
Production number is 51859.

you mean the text is missing? mine's in the 33XXX category, and it only has the "AKG" text just like the picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back