K701 thread
Oct 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #1,186 of 2,619

Quote:
I don't feel pressure from the headband at all.  In fact, it's so loose that I don't even feel that it's there.  I honestly can't comprehend your problems.  Did something go wonderfully wrong with mine during the manufacturing?

You probably just have a perfectly Austrian-sized noggin
tongue.gif
I can tell my K701s would be awesomely comfortable if my head wasn't so ginormous. My doctor says my head size is in the 90th percentile... whatever that means for me. I guess there's drawbacks to being super smart
cool.gif

As for the pad discussion - my relatively-new K701 pads are definitely not nearly as comfortable as the ~3 year old pads on my old HD650, but they're pretty comparable. Also I didn't notice ANY death clamp from the HD650s, I had no idea what people were referring to. Maybe Sennheisers are designed for bigger German noggins?

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #1,188 of 2,619

Quote:
You probably just have a perfectly Austrian-sized noggin
tongue.gif
I can tell my K701s would be awesomely comfortable if my head wasn't so ginormous. My doctor says my head size is in the 90th percentile... whatever that means for me. I guess there's drawbacks to being super smart
cool.gif

As for the pad discussion - my relatively-new K701 pads are definitely not nearly as comfortable as the ~3 year old pads on my old HD650, but they're pretty comparable. Also I didn't notice ANY death clamp from the HD650s, I had no idea what people were referring to. Maybe Sennheisers are designed for bigger German noggins?

Haha yeah.  My descent is distant, but I am of German descent.
Head size doesn't correlate to intelligence at all, by the way
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #1,189 of 2,619
I had an issue with the bumps when I first got mine, but after a few weeks, I no longer noticed them. I honestly think they still feel as hard as when I first got them, but I don't feel them on my head like before.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #1,190 of 2,619
I actually think mines are comfy, they are super light and the bumps don't get in the way at all.   I like the bumps because it reduces the pressure on your head or at least it does for me especially in comparison to the DT770pro line which want to squeeze your brain out of your ear sockets.

As for the pads they seem to have decent memory, they don't keep the mold of my glasses which imo is awesome.  Soft, and Large as well.

Oct 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #1,191 of 2,619
I've been thinking of getting a K701 for home usage, to be plugged directly into the headphone out of my CPU.
I'm aware that this setup wont sound as good as a K701 + amp setup , but I'm just wondering if this would be enough to drive the 701s to a decent level?

Oct 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #1,192 of 2,619

Quote:
I've been thinking of getting a K701 for home usage, to be plugged directly into the headphone out of my CPU.
I'm aware that this setup wont sound as good as a K701 + amp setup , but I'm just wondering if this would be enough to drive the 701s to a decent level?

I tried the K701s briefly out of the modded headphone out jack of my X-Fi XtremeMusic, and immediately I could tell it was quite lacking. Whereas through my SSMH, the K701s seem to have a great frequency response throughout the spectrum (including the bass, oddly enough), through the X-Fi they sounded thin and strained, like if you took a cheesecloth and placed it over the opening of a faucet. Maybe my 12AU7 SSMH just has particularly good synergy in the bass and midrange... but whatever the case, I would definitely recommend against getting them for straight out of a computer (especially if you're using onboard sound, which you probably are). If you're just looking for the general sound signature, you might want to try the AD700s instead.

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #1,196 of 2,619
Until somebody like Burson starts making audiophile grade soundcards I would not go this route. Anyway the environment inside a computer is not conducive to good quality sound; outboard dac/amp is the best route IMO.

Oct 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #1,200 of 2,619
Yeah, after reading 100s of threads, I don't think I've heard another amp praised as much as the M-Stage for its synergy with the K701.  I'm ordering mine soon.  Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back