K701 thread
Sep 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #1,069 of 2,619
i c... ok, thx for make it clear 
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #1,070 of 2,619

Quote:
i c... ok, thx for make it clear 
smile.gif

np, once you get the hang of the inside of your DAC/Amp/Headphones it becomes easy to figure things out.  Some things that might seem complicated are really rather simple.  It just depends on whether you have the required skill to do it or not.  If this would be your first time soldering I am pretty sure you don't want to make your headphones your first test even after a little practice.

Might cost ya a bit but some electronics shops(the ones that sell parts, not those refurb tv electronic stores with cheap garbage) will do the job for you if you tell them exactly what you want and give them the parts you purchased.  Of course the alternative is practicing basic technique till you become an expert
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #1,071 of 2,619

Quote:
I dunno if anyone else here listens to Anglagard, but I feel that these are the ultimate headphones for listening to them. The super fat bass is toned down and incredibly accurate (well-placed, and never boomy). There is a lot going on in the song, and the K701 makes them feel more lifelike than anything I've heard before. These are here to stay. 

Nice to hear that!!!

I'm a big prog fan and was looking for another headphone for me and this week I bought a K701.

Now I'm very enthusiastic about this phone..

PS: Are you listening  Hybris?

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #1,072 of 2,619
actually I am owner of MS1000 too, yeah I love to do headphone mod, but this AKG already amaze me without any mod, so I think I'll do mod later when I feel my AKG not awesome anymore... (well, a kind of impossible thing I guess) 

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #1,073 of 2,619
And the magic continuous, BA+K701.

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #1,074 of 2,619

Quote:
Nice to hear that!!!

I'm a big prog fan and was looking for another headphone for me and this week I bought a K701.

Now I'm very enthusiastic about this phone..

PS: Are you hearing Hybris?

I was really excited, so I listened to both Hybris and Epilog. 
tongue.gif

Even if you don't like them at first, I'd give them some time. I was pretty ambiguous when they first arrived, and now I'm a convert. 

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #1,075 of 2,619
I think my 702s are finally broken in and they are starting to feel way more comfy
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #1,076 of 2,619
These "airy" K701s are amazing.  I just can't get enough of the space and floating nature of these cans.  Incredible - the treble absolutely craps on the HD650 in smoothness.  These are the only cans with an extended treble that never has sibiliance - I can't work out this contradictions.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #1,077 of 2,619

Quote:
These "airy" K701s are amazing.  I just can't get enough of the space and floating nature of these cans.  Incredible - the treble absolutely craps on the HD650 in smoothness.  These are the only cans with an extended treble that never has sibiliance - I can't work out this contradictions.

My K-702 had fairly limited treble extension, until I tried the Burson HA-160
k701smile.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #1,079 of 2,619
is it normal for it to distort on REALLY BASSY songs..
I'm using a audio GD sparrow and the bass on certain songs..
When I here bass it sometimes sounds like it's distorting.
but on other songs that aren't bass heavy I  can turn the sparrow
on maximum volume and it's as crisp as a whistle..

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #1,080 of 2,619

Quote:
is it normal for it to distort on REALLY BASSY songs..
I'm using a audio GD sparrow and the bass on certain songs..
When I here bass it sometimes sounds like it's distorting.
but on other songs that aren't bass heavy I  can turn the sparrow
on maximum volume and it's as crisp as a whistle..

I'am a bit concerned about you using Sparrow on full volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back