JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Sep 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,201 of 1,936
Quote:
wow man, totally enjoying my earphones now
L3000.gif
 . wasnt expecting this kind of music quality for 20 odd usd.the sound(even before burn-in) totally thrashes my a-jays one, which was more expensive, no comparison at all IMO. JVC has really amazed me with their carbon nanotube earphones, amazing value. Really excited to see how these turn out after the massive burn-in suggested by dsnuts. cheers buddy!

Man... save for the FXD80, you are gonna forget about those FX40 
bigsmile_face.gif

A few weeks backs i was loving those FX40,  but since i got my S500 and FXD80,  i dont even know where i left my pair of FX40, should be around, let me see....................mmm... looking... it will take some time to find them.. but who cares.... back to listening my FXD80

etysmile.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,202 of 1,936
hmm, but i read some posts that the bass on the fxd80 is not as good and some microphonics issues when wearing them cord down. I'm actually looking for good and heavy bass. as well as very low microphonics as these really bother me a lot. haha

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,203 of 1,936
Quote:
hmm, but i read some posts that the bass on the fxd80 is not as good and some microphonics issues when wearing them cord down. I'm actually looking for good and heavy bass. as well as very low microphonics as these really bother me a lot. haha

Yea, but doesnt mean there are "bassless",  they got bass but the most important thing is that they got all of the rest of the frecuencies.
etysmile.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,205 of 1,936
Quote:
We got an agreement about which of those new fxd series has the most and the best bass?

I think the fxd80 has the most bass out of the iems, but fxd70 might have the best mids details and clarity.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #1,206 of 1,936
Quote:
received my jvc fx-40 today after buying it a week ago on dsnuts's recommendation. i can only say that i'm blown away by the earphone's performance for its price, even before the heavy burn-in recommended. the only gripe i have would be that due to the lack of strain relief on the housings, i don't think these are built to last against careless handling of the earphones. But then again, for 20 odd usd, i can't really complain though. All in all, definitely a great earphone for it's cheap price. and one thing that really makes me happy about these earphone : none of that annoying microphonics that the Hisoundaudio Crystal has. Definitely a gd earphone for exercise(gym/jogging). check it out guys. once again, thanks dsnuts for your recommendation. cheers!

You'll be surprised just how tough these FX40 are, I had them ripped right out of my ears til they hurt but the phones still functions as normal.

My dog managed to get at one of my JVC FX101 and chewed them up real good, I ended up with several pieces of green/black plastic and rubber as well as a mangled up wire.
I could see the insides of the strain relief and there is a slip knot there to prevent the wires from pulling out.

Short of cutting the wires or stomping on the phones, I think they're quite durable.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #1,207 of 1,936
Quote:

You'll be surprised just how tough these FX40 are, I had them ripped right out of my ears til they hurt but the phones still functions as normal.

My dog managed to get at one of my JVC FX101 and chewed them up real good, I ended up with several pieces of green/black plastic and rubber as well as a mangled up wire.
I could see the insides of the strain relief and there is a slip knot there to prevent the wires from pulling out.

Short of cutting the wires or stomping on the phones, I think they're quite durable.

wow that certainly gives it top notch value for 20 odd dollars!

Quote:

I think the fxd80 has the most bass out of the iems, but fxd70 might have the best mids details and clarity.

wait..so fxd80 has more bass than fx40? that view is quite different from the many posts that i read.
normal_smile .gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #1,209 of 1,936
Quote:
wow that certainly gives it top notch value for 20 odd dollars!

wait..so fxd80 has more bass than fx40? that view is quite different from the many posts that i read.
normal_smile%20.gif

I wasn't including the fx40, just the D70 and D80 (and D60 from what I've read). If we're talking quantity, the FX40 clearly has the most bass, but it doesn't have better quality bass than the D80 or D70.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #1,210 of 1,936
Would these be an upgrade coming from S4's?

Also, would this be the correct link to buy them off ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXD80-Z-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Direct-Top-Mount-System-/130757548258?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e71c1d8e2

Thanks

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,211 of 1,936
Quote:
Would these be an upgrade coming from S4's?

Also, would this be the correct link to buy them off ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FXD80-Z-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Direct-Top-Mount-System-/130757548258?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1e71c1d8e2

Thanks

Definitely an upgrade from my point of view.  That is a legit seller from my experience.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,212 of 1,936
Hey guys, I've been a lurker for some time, but sacrificing too many lectures going through this thread, not only did I decide to retire my UE350s and MDR-EX500s and purchase a pair of FXD80s, I've also decided to register and ask a couple questions!

I have an old Fiio E5 which I currently use with another 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable hooked up to my iPhone 4S's audio out. I'm planning on upgrading to an E11 soon, as well as possibly purchasing an L1 LOD. However, the bumper I use is a Spigen Neo Hybrid 2S, which has outstanding build quality, but it's been criticized for its small openings (dock connector and headphone jack). 

The L9 and L3 will definitely not fit in through the dock connector opening (the standard Apple dock connector JUST fits, it's a rather precise cutout), so I'm afraid that even though the L1 dock connector looks identical to the Apple dock connector, it will have miniscule differences in size which will make it unable to fit in my bumper. 

So my question is, does an LOD really make a huge difference in quality, particularly when paired up with an amp such as the E5 or the E11? Or rather, does the FXD80 even need an amp?

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #1,213 of 1,936
Quote:
Hey guys, I've been a lurker for some time, but sacrificing too many lectures going through this thread, not only did I decide to retire my UE350s and MDR-EX500s and purchase a pair of FXD80s, I've also decided to register and ask a couple questions!

I have an old Fiio E5 which I currently use with another 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable hooked up to my iPhone 4S's audio out. I'm planning on upgrading to an E11 soon, as well as possibly purchasing an L1 LOD. However, the bumper I use is a Spigen Neo Hybrid 2S, which has outstanding build quality, but it's been criticized for its small openings (dock connector and headphone jack). 

The L9 and L3 will definitely not fit in through the dock connector opening (the standard Apple dock connector JUST fits, it's a rather precise cutout), so I'm afraid that even though the L1 dock connector looks identical to the Apple dock connector, it will have miniscule differences in size which will make it unable to fit in my bumper. 

So my question is, does an LOD really make a huge difference in quality, particularly when paired up with an amp such as the E5 or the E11? Or rather, does the FXD80 even need an amp?

Thanks!

I rarely amp my D80.  I use them straight out of my iPhone and sounds just fine.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #1,215 of 1,936
[size=12.727272033691406px] Yeah, that's really my only concern, since I am aware that iPhone DAPs are stellar in the portable media player/phone market.[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px]  [/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] I amp my EX500s, because they're really quite mid-bass focused, and although they're very VERY warm IEMs, the E5 really creates a more smooth listening experience throughout the entire frequency range, which is a very welcome addition since the EX500s can have rather nasty sibilance and an ear-shattering (to me) 2KHz to 3KHz hump. [/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] Just ordered my FXD80s yesterday, and this is my first time using JVC audio equipment. Hopefully it does not disappoint![/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] EDIT: Just out of curiosity, for those who have used Sony's older mid-level IEM offerings (ie. EX300/EX500), how does the sound signature of those compare to the FXD80? I know Sony IEMs generally feature forward mids (sometimes harshly forward) and a warmer timbre and lots of mid-bass.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back