JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Sep 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,172 of 1,936
My Fxd80 have almost a week of burn in, maybe not for the sound change but because i am using more the s500, but next week i am going to switch from the s500 to the fxd80.

I have being enjoying my s500 and i expect the same from my fxd80. Also, thanks to Eric's description i am waiting for my fxd70.

I only need the fx60 and i got all these nanontube things, i dont know if its a good or bad thing :D

So, very soon i will be all over these thread, WATCH OUT! :D

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,173 of 1,936
Quote:
My Fxd80 have almost a week of burn in, maybe not for the sound change but because i am using more the s500, but next week i am going to switch from the s500 to the fxd80.
I have being enjoying my s500 and i expect the same from my fxd80. Also, thanks to Eric's description i am waiting for my fxd70.
I only need the fx60 and i got all these nanontube things, i dont know if its a good or bad thing
biggrin.gif

So, very soon i will be all over these thread, WATCH OUT!
biggrin.gif

Yes, I think you will enjoy the FXd70, rickdohc. It kind of has its own thing going that's different from the FXd80 and the S500. I love all three of them, and are really the only IEMs I'm listening to now (when I'm not listening to the ASG-1.2, Quad or W4).

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #1,174 of 1,936
So i picked up the FXD80. I'm still burning them in so i'm not going to comment much on the sound just yet, other than to say they already sounded quite good with 10 hours of burn in. I'm really disappointed in the included tips though. With the large ones i can get a proper seal but they slip out quickly, so they are slightly too large, but the middle ones are way too small. So i picked up some Complys but i'm not sure i like how they change the sound signature(though i got used to it rather quickly). Any suggestion for good tips to use with these?

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #1,175 of 1,936
Quote:
So i picked up the FXD80. I'm still burning them in so i'm not going to comment much on the sound just yet, other than to say they already sounded quite good with 10 hours of burn in. I'm really disappointed in the included tips though. With the large ones i can get a proper seal but they slip out quickly, so they are slightly too large, but the middle ones are way too small. So i picked up some Complys but i'm not sure i like how they change the sound signature(though i got used to it rather quickly). Any suggestion for good tips to use with these?

Radio Shack Auveo tips......

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #1,176 of 1,936
Quote:

Yes, I think you will enjoy the FXd70, rickdohc. It kind of has its own thing going that's different from the FXd80 and the S500. I love all three of them, and are really the only IEMs I'm listening to now (when I'm not listening to the ASG-1.2, Quad or W4).

Have you heard the Grados GR6?  how they stack against the FXD Series?

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #1,177 of 1,936
Quote:

Have you heard the Grados GR6?  how they stack against the FXD Series?

No, I haven't heard any of the Grados except the 225 headphone, and that's been so long ago that I couldn't make a fair comparison.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #1,178 of 1,936
Okay I'm enjoying my FX40s now after about 100+ hours of burn. To me they sound a lot like my Sennheiser CX200s but somehow with a lot more "presence" is the only way I can describe it, the CX200s just seem a bit distant in comparrison overall somehow. I think it's the ability of the JVC to exceed the 20-20K khz range but I don't know.

Anyway my question is this. If I am enjoying my fx40 would you consider is a considerable upgrade to go wihth the FXD80 or just a differnt sound sig? Are these low priced fx40 really on the same plane or in a lower leauge all together. I cant think what could be the huge improvement without adding multiple armature's in there.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,179 of 1,936
Quote:
Okay I'm enjoying my FX40s now after about 100+ hours of burn. To me they sound a lot like my Sennheiser CX200s but somehow with a lot more "presence" is the only way I can describe it, the CX200s just seem a bit distant in comparrison overall somehow. I think it's the ability of the JVC to exceed the 20-20K khz range but I don't know.
Anyway my question is this. If I am enjoying my fx40 would you consider is a considerable upgrade to go wihth the FXD80 or just a differnt sound sig? Are these low priced fx40 really on the same plane or in a lower leauge all together. I cant think what could be the huge improvement without adding multiple armature's in there.

The FXD80 is essentially a far more refined FX40. As good as the 40 is, it simply can't even touch the 80.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #1,180 of 1,936
Quote:

Answer is simple:   HUGE YES

I loved my Fx40 to death.. but i got 3 weeks without using them, between the S500 and FXD80 they have no chance at all. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,181 of 1,936
The FXD80 is essentially a far more refined FX40. As good as the 40 is, it simply can't even touch the 80.

Answer is simple:   HUGE YES

I loved my Fx40 to death.. but i got 3 weeks without using them, between the S500 and FXD80 they have no chance at all. 

C'mon guys just cut to the chase... quit beating around the bush..... haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was hoping y'all weren't gunna say that here goes more :dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar: down the :toilet::toilet::toilet:

Actually let me see if I have enough discipline to at least wait till next month.....

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #1,182 of 1,936
Quote:
C'mon guys just cut to the chase... quit beating around the bush..... haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I was hoping y'all weren't gunna say that here goes more :dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar: down the :toilet::toilet::toilet:
Actually let me see if I have enough discipline to at least wait till next month.....

what i dont understand is why you bought the FX40 when you had the S500,  sell that thing and buy yourself an FXD80.   The Fx40 is OK for the price but.. mmm FXD80 is on another league.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,183 of 1,936
I bought it to write about in my "Overperforming, underpriced" thread. I'm not unhappy with the purchase. Not even unhappy with my TF10s. Just can't seem to stop buying more stuff...

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #1,184 of 1,936
Quote:
I bought it to write about in my "Overperforming, underpriced" thread. I'm not unhappy with the purchase. Not even unhappy with my TF10s. Just can't seem to stop buying more stuff...

At least you are buying good stuff,  The FXD80 is going to be your best buy.. what are you are waiting?
Think:  S500 better mids, detail, clarity, soundstage.

Rings a bell?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back