JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #1,231 of 1,764
I still can't figure out whether FX700 has too much bass or not. With some music, the low end seems a bit excessive and even overpowering the mids. With other tracks, it's spot on and any less would sound unnatural.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #1,232 of 1,764
Quote:
I still can't figure out whether FX700 has too much bass or not. With some music, the low end seems a bit excessive and even overpowering the mids ...

Quote:
With other tracks, it's spot on and any less would sound unnatural.

j/k
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #1,233 of 1,764
can  anyone  tell  me   eq5 and  eq7  and  gr8  and  10   which  one  you  think  is  better  and  james  please    and  also  want  know   FX700 and  sm3  which  one  better  another   please  gave  me  more details  and  one  or  two  examples  and  please  more  competion  thx  all 

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #1,234 of 1,764
Because  the  fi-ba-ss  prices  1K  USD  that  is  most  expensive  IEM  i  ever  see   that  why  meaningless   Comparison  with  FX700   or  sm3  ?  james  is  it  true please  gave  me  more  Examples       if  you   gave  SS  10 point  what  would  you  gave  fx700  and  SM3
thx!!!!!!!

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #1,236 of 1,764
Quote:
can  anyone  tell  me   eq5 and  eq7  and  gr8  and  10   which  one  you  think  is  better  and  james  please    and  also  want  know   FX700 and  sm3  which  one  better  another   please  gave  me  more details  and  one  or  two  examples  and  please  more  competion  thx  all 

Quote:
Because  the  fi-ba-ss  prices  1K  USD  that  is  most  expensive  IEM  i  ever  see   that  why  meaningless   Comparison  with  FX700   or  sm3  ?  james  is  it  true please  gave  me  more  Examples       if  you   gave  SS  10 point  what  would  you  gave  fx700  and  SM3
thx!!!!!!!

If you intend to buy one of these IEMs and are looking for recommendations, please make an effort first to tell us a little bit about yourself. What prior experience do you have with headphones/IEMs. What's your budget? What kind of music are you listening to? Are you a basshead? Do you need good isolation? Things like that. Recommendations are useless if we know nothing about your requirements.

Quote:
There is no better in the e-Q5, e-Q7 and GR10. It depends on which one suits you best.

I agree. Might add that the Grados are easier to fit than the Ortofons, which may also sound quite different depending on fit.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #1,237 of 1,764
I received my JVC's yesterday. These are extremely enjoyable! Everything definitely sounds more lifelike and soundstage is great. Between these and the W4, I'm completely satisfied and am no longer looking for the next best thing.

Finding the right tips was a bit challenging but eventually settled on the Shure black soft flex sleeves that fit the old e2c's. Bass seems tighter and better treble over stock. I think this is because I can insert them a bit deeper than the stock tips.

JVC is nuts not to offer these in north America.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #1,238 of 1,764

Quote:
I received my JVC's yesterday. These are extremely enjoyable! Everything definitely sounds more lifelike and soundstage is great. Between these and the W4, I'm completely satisfied and am no longer looking for the next best thing.

Finding the right tips was a bit challenging but eventually settled on the Shure black soft flex sleeves that fit the old e2c's. Bass seems tighter and better treble over stock. I think this is because I can insert them a bit deeper than the stock tips.

JVC is nuts not to offer these in north America.

Excellent! Glad you are enjoying them!

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #1,239 of 1,764
The FX700 is the only universal IEM that might buy again someday and I miss it quite a bit. Now, I wouldn't trade my 1964-Q for it, but I wish it had it again. I don't miss the SM3 or the e-Q7 the way I miss the FX700. Actually, I really hope they put out a FX800 or FX900 with more forward mids, and I would be a happy camper in the universal game again!!

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #1,240 of 1,764
The FX700 is the only universal IEM that might buy again someday and I miss it quite a bit. Now, I wouldn't trade my 1964-Q for it, but I wish it had it again. I don't miss the SM3 or the e-Q7 the way I miss the FX700. Actually, I really hope they put out a FX800 or FX900 with more forward mids, and I would be a happy camper in the universal game again!!

It would be interesting to see how or if they could improve these. I'm enjoying these so much today, I can't imagine selling them even for top customs. They definitely have a concert feel to their presentation.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #1,241 of 1,764

Quote:
Quote:

It would be interesting to see how or if they could improve these. I'm enjoying these so much today, I can't imagine selling them even for top customs. They definitely have a concert feel to their presentation.

Tbh, I'm having issues w/ vocals atm.  Quite disappointing actually.  I need to try more tips and play w/ fit more.  We'll see.

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #1,242 of 1,764
Well shotgunshane, you would have to hear a top custom....lol. I never thought I would sell the FX700 either (sold the SM3 too), but neither has anything on the 1964-Q (which is not even a top custom, although the company is probably the best known one now out of the recent rash of start-up customs companies). There is another level despite how great the FX700 sounds.

Quote:
Quote:

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #1,243 of 1,764

Quote:
Tbh, I'm having issues w/ vocals atm.  Quite disappointing actually.  I need to try more tips and play w/ fit more.  We'll see.

Tips will make a big difference, Anaxilus, in getting the mids more forward, less bass, more micro details...etc.  Myself and another head-fier (geez, his name escapes me at the moment) wrote extensively on the original FX700 thread about what sounds we discovered with the various tips. You may want to research that. I can't remember in detail, but I do recall the smaller the tip used (and not covering the speaker cover so much) the great the micro details. I remember using different size Monster foam hybrid tips gave many variations of shaping the sound signature. My point is if you generally like the FX700, being patient to find the right tips for them will make you love them!

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,244 of 1,764

Quote:
Well shotgunshane, you would have to hear a top custom....lol. I never thought I would sell the FX700 either (sold the SM3 too), but neither has anything on the 1964-Q (which is not even a top custom, although the company is probably the best known one now out of the recent rash of start-up customs companies). There is another level despite how great the FX700 sounds.

I meant I'd have to keep them both.  I have a hard time letting something that's very good go, even when I've found something better.

Anyway, I'm not looking to go customs.  I've had custom reshelled TF10's and just never really got over having my ears completely full of hard acrylic.  Wasn't painful or anything, just never liked it and for some reason found it very distracting.  I'm going to try UM56 vinyl tips on my W4's and see what I think about that.

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #1,245 of 1,764

Quote:

What kind of issues?  Are they too recessed or something different?  I think the vocals are better on my W4's b/c they're a little more intimate but these aren't bad by any stretch.  The music is just so engrossing and visceral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back