JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #241 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, till next week at least!

Anyway, I'm just glad my character is strong enough to have ignored this entire thread. Okay, that's a lie. I read every single post avidly... but hey, I like to read, that's all...
ksc75smile.gif

Admit it, you're just biding your time until you hit 'submit order'.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #242 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Admit it, you're just biding your time until you hit 'submit order'.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey you! I insist you stop looking inside my head!!!

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #243 of 1,764
lol @ soozieq and Chris. He is very evil, isn't he @ soozieq? I may need to splash some Holy Water on Chris sometime in the near future.... and perform a hi-fi exorcism!!

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #244 of 1,764
@ Eric: This is not for you, do not read. The MD and Copper are perfect for you!

So, at this point, if I had to say what the FX700 does better than any other top-tier universal IEM I have heard, it would be that it is the most 'fun.' The combination of speed, dynamics, and sound signature make some of my other stuff seem, well a little dull. And I never thought they were dull before.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #245 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Eric: This is not for you, do not read. The MD and Copper are perfect for you!

So, at this point, if I had to say what the FX700 does better than any other top-tier universal IEM I have heard, it would be that it is the most 'fun.' The combination of speed, dynamics, and sound signature make some of my other stuff seem, well a little dull. And I never thought they were dull before.

You have: CK10 (tip guide) • IE8 (IE8 tip extender guide) • MTPC • RE252 • CK90Pro (foam mod) • e-Q7 • GR8

So which one of them seems "a little dull" as compared to your FX-700?
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #246 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well thanks @ Joe, but it's little too late for me since they should be on their way to me....lol... But I'm sure I will enjoy switching around to the various sound signatures.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #247 of 1,764
lol..that didn't take very long. time for you to sell the coppers at a nice discount i think :p

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #248 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have: CK10 (tip guide) • IE8 (IE8 tip extender guide) • MTPC • RE252 • CK90Pro (foam mod) • e-Q7 • GR8

So which one of them seems "a little dull" as compared to your FX-700?
biggrin.gif

First noticed it comparing the Copper. Then the CK10, which does not have the warmth and is more analytical and less fun. And while the GR8 is more transparent, its sound signature is not something I would call fun. The RE252 is somewhat similar to the UM3X in my opinion, and while great for accuracy, not not great for 'fun.' Haven't compared the CK90Pro, and the e-Q7 and IE8 are not in my possession right now.

I am not saying the FX700 is the best, but the most fun to my ears!

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #249 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have phones. They go in my ears. They look fairly similar to the things presented in this thread. I don't need to read anything more, I'm a happy man.

You're jokin', aren't you? I won't believe it unless I see pics.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #250 of 1,764
Yeah I would bet the CK10 would be the least fun for you. They aren't really a fun kind of iem.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #251 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by javajive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats as well on your purchase raccoon! what was it just like a week or so ago when james444 was the only owner?

As soon as it was on seyo shop I had to order them
biggrin.gif
An improved FX500 was an easy decision.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #252 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by raccoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Iam thinking to buy these too but only want to know more about it's imaging, instrument separation(complex passages), overall extention of all frequencies, soundstage (widenth, depth, hight if compare to FX500).

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #253 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well thanks @ Joe, but it's little too late for me since they should be on their way to me....lol... But I'm sure I will enjoy switching around to the various sound signatures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raccoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the FX700 fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iam thinking to buy these too but only want to know more about it's imaging, instrument separation(complex passages), overall extention of all frequencies, soundstage (widenth, depth, hight if compare to FX500).

While I can't answer with complex passages other than complex electronic music, the FX700 doesn't distort like the FX500 in the bass region. I would say soundstage is similar, as is imaging.

But there is only one way for you to really know
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I would bet the CK10 would be the least fun for you. They aren't really a fun kind of iem.

I actually wouldn't say the CK10 is the least fun. It is fun, but in a different way (and not quite as 'fun'). The CK10 brings me to the very forefront of the presentation, like I am sitting a few feet from the performers where I can hear all the nuances of the instruments and the space they all create. When I get my e-Q7 back I am going to do some serious comparing to see if they are different enough to warrant me keeping both.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #254 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have phones. They go in my ears. They look fairly similar to the things presented in this thread. I don't need to read anything more, I'm a happy man.

You don't have to read any further, just leave us some impressions will do
wink_face.gif

Wow the FX700 is growing fast in Head-Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back