JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Apr 15, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #226 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even amped the IE8 doesn't offer the clarity of the FX700 [or Copper]. And you can use your amp with those also!

If you try tip extenders (see the link in my sig), that might solve some of those issues.

I did not try your way yet, but I did another mod suggested by Decay. It helps, but isolation on IE8 isnt good to start with. Are u suggesting me to get the FX-700 also?
k701smile.gif

That'd burn a hole in a wallet, really, since I just got the IE8 and the pico slim
deadhorse.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #227 of 1,764
If the FX500 is isolation wise anything like the FX700 (and from the looks of it it would be) you don't want the FX700 if you care about isolation

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #228 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the FX500 is isolation wise anything like the FX700 (and from the looks of it it would be) you don't want the FX700 if you care about isolation

Isolation is definitely not one of the FX700's strong points, you're right. I'm scared to try and use them in a noisy environment. But I guess I should take them out for my noisy cafe test.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #229 of 1,764
Chris, James, Joe (and now, jivajive) I would like to say I hate you guys, but then I would be lying...lol. But my wallet has written some very nasty things about the four of you that I shall not repeat in this thread (Didn't know my wallet could get so vulgar!!..hehe). With that said, I pulled the trigger.. I'll let you guys know my initial impressions in a couple of weeks I hope... Okay wallet, I told them, now don't start cursing me too!! Geez!!

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #230 of 1,764
Noooooo eric...

You can't do this to me
frown.gif

That means there will be at least two people now who have both the Coppers and the FX700 - I can ignore one persons opinions (Sorry Chris
wink.gif
) but, if you like the FX700 too, then my wallet may have to write five names with vulgar comments against them lol!

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #231 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noooooo eric...

You can't do this to me
frown.gif

That means there will be at least two people now who have both the Coppers and the FX700 - I can ignore one persons opinions (Sorry Chris
wink.gif
) but, if you like the FX700 too, then my wallet may have to write five names with vulgar comments against them lol!

LOL @ Duncan...well join the "vulgar wallet party" buddy, because mine is still screaming... "reckin fricken rucken smucken...." Whoa! Such language Wallet!! Easy there now... I'm going to get help, I promise!! lol
angry_face.gif
k701smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #232 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL @ Duncan...well join the "vulgar wallet party" buddy, because mine is still screaming... "reckin fricken rucken smucken...." Whoa! Such language Wallet!! Easy there now... I'm going to get help, I promise!! lol
angry_face.gif
k701smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Eric... now now. Heh. That reminds me of Yosemite Sam!

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #233 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eric... now now. Heh. That reminds me of Yosemite Sam!

x2 @ Chris...lol

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #234 of 1,764
My FX700s arrived.

I'm what you'd consider an FX500 fanboy. I love the deep, rich bass and soundstage. Never had a problem with the treble, probably due to my listening levels (one notch on an iPhone 3GS). After comparing the FX500 from an FX700 straight out of the box, there is no comparison. I try to avoid hyperbole, but there is no way in hell I'm going back to the FX500
biggrin.gif
No more recessed mids and it seems the bass has also been improved. I normally let my earphones break in before taking them to work, but there is no way I'll be leaving these home tomorrow.

The packaging is nice too for those who care (like me).

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #235 of 1,764
Congrats on your purchase eric and nevermind your wallet as I have no doubt you will have the same reaction to them as the rest here as they really are that good!

In fact, they are so good I am quite confident to make the following predictions.

First, I think they will be the least polarizing top tier IEM of all in terms of SQ as they do not have any flaw that is significant enough to warrent someone disliking their signature.

Second, cn11 will not be alone in using multiple > symbols between the FX700 and their next highest ranked IEM with many saying they have set a new benchmark for what an IEM can and should sound like.

Looking forward to your impressions as always!

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #237 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by javajive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your purchase eric and nevermind your wallet as I have no doubt you will have the same reaction to them as the rest here as they really are that good!

In fact, they are so good I am quite confident to make the following predictions.

First, I think they will be the least polarizing top tier IEM of all in terms of SQ as they do not have any flaw that is significant enough to warrent someone disliking their signature.

Second, cn11 will not be alone in using multiple > symbols between the FX700 and their next highest ranked IEM with many saying they have set a new benchmark for what an IEM can and should sound like.

Looking forward to your impressions as always!

Thank you @ javajive. In some ways I hope you, James, Joe and Chris are wrong, that way it breaks the cycle of us all seeming to have the same impressions and likes for the same top tier. If I get them and absolutely hate them and can say, "What the heck were you guys hearing? Yuck!!" If I can say that, then I'm FREEEEEE of the Head-Fi wallet curse someone has hexed me with...lol.

I know I know...probably won't happen uhn? Dream on, uhn? Well, a fella can dream can't he. All I really wanted was the under $100 Eytmotic MC5 that's soon to come out, but nooooooo!! My interests had to be peeked by this iem and that new dual dynamic driver Radius that's out now.. But I'm fighting the urge on the Radius....lol... I think I'll win that battle.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #238 of 1,764
Eric-
You'll be free of the curse (for a little while anyway) because of how good the FX700's are. It'll put an end to the searching, at least in the short foreseeable future!

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #239 of 1,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eric-
You'll be free of the curse (for a little while anyway) because of how good the FX700's are. It'll put an end to the searching,
at least in the short foreseeable future!

Yeah, till next week at least!

Anyway, I'm just glad my character is strong enough to have ignored this entire thread. Okay, that's a lie. I read every single post avidly... but hey, I like to read, that's all...
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back