JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Feb 15, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #947 of 1,764
Feb 16, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #948 of 1,764
Hey Guys! Is the Synergy between J3 and FX700 really that bad? Was it something that can be turned around with a few tweak of the Cowon EQ? (Since i usually listen to J3 on eq, a J3 w/o EQ probably isn't going to make it)

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #950 of 1,764

Quote:Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The J3 handles these easy to drive dynamic IEMs as well as any other quality player. Really no "synergy" issue at all.

Wow thats good news! Maybe its only that Sony X just did it better than J3 but J3 is not bad either.. hmm!

Anyways when people say a FX700 w/o burn in has harsh highs, is it very bad? (Being reminded of Denon In-Ear's bright and harsh highs =S)

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #951 of 1,764

Quote:

Wow thats good news! Maybe its only that Sony X just did it better than J3 but J3 is not bad either.. hmm!

Anyways when people say a FX700 w/o burn in has harsh highs, is it very bad? (Being reminded of Denon In-Ear's bright and harsh highs =S)

In my experience the FX700's highs were not as bright/harsh as any of the Denon highs (with the exception of the C700-- I didn't think those had harshness at all in the top end, and were probably a tad smoother than the JVCs). The C551 & C710 both had substantially harsher highs than the FX700.....

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #952 of 1,764

Quote:

In my experience the FX700's highs were not as bright/harsh as any of the Denon highs (with the exception of the C700-- I didn't think those had harshness at all in the top end, and were probably a tad smoother than the JVCs). The C551 & C710 both had substantially harsher highs than the FX700.....

Whoa cn11! Thats what i hope to hear ^o^ Okies i am soo adamant on getting them, Hope when i minus the expenses and bills off my next month's pay, i have enough to get a pair of FX700~

Cause i cant stand most Denons with their highs, its harsh and edgy to me, just a 30 minutes of listening to them had me take them off due to Listening Fatigue. Glad it isn't the case with FX700 =D

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #953 of 1,764

Quote:
Whoa cn11! Thats what i hope to hear ^o^ Okies i am soo adamant on getting them, Hope when i minus the expenses and bills off my next month's pay, i have enough to get a pair of FX700~

Cause i cant stand most Denons with their highs, its harsh and edgy to me, just a 30 minutes of listening to them had me take them off due to Listening Fatigue. Glad it isn't the case with FX700 =D

Well, they are a little edgy in the highs I think, but nothing that's intolerable. I thought the FX500's highs had way more bite than the 700s. JVC/ Victor did go in the right direction for sure with the newer model! 

Edit- And I am going from memory, so take it with a grain of salt.  
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #954 of 1,764

Quote:
Well, they are a little edgy in the highs I think, but nothing that's intolerable. I thought the FX500's highs had way more bite than the 700s. JVC/ Victor did go in the right direction for sure with the newer model! 

Edit- And I am going from memory, so take it with a grain of salt.  
wink.gif

geez ok! And how bad was the FX700's isolation? Was it Better or equal or worse than open-back cans?

(P.S. Anyways just wondering, did you have the FS MG6PRO? Was in a decisive stance back there while kunlun cat assured me to the MG6PRO, but just wondering, the most impressions the better~ Hmm.)

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #955 of 1,764

Quote:
geez ok! And how bad was the FX700's isolation? Was it Better or equal or worse than open-back cans?

(P.S. Anyways just wondering, did you have the FS MG6PRO? Was in a decisive stance back there while kunlun cat assured me to the MG6PRO, but just wondering, the most impressions the better~ Hmm.)

Unfortunately I don't have any open backed headphones, heh. But they tie with the Radius DDM as the worst isolating earphones I've owned. Their isolation is even a decent amount worse than the Senn IE8. If you need really solid sound blocking, they may not be the best solution for you. If you do need a little noise attenuation say in a normal coffee shop or something, they are probably about good enough for that. But I would never, ever, rely on them for any air travel! 

For the Atrios I had the version before the MG6PRO driver. From what I've read the newest driver version sounds like it's a big step up in treble and detail. Overall I liked the FX700 sound a lot better than the older Atrios I had.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #956 of 1,764
Wow! Poor Isolation do reminds me of Astello Radiance -> http://www.sgheadphones.net/lofiversion/index.php?t10039.html
but a top-tier version though~

(P.S. Your atrios of older version, was it the universal or custom iem version?)

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #958 of 1,764

Quote:

(P.S. Your atrios of older version, was it the universal or custom iem version?)

It was the standard universal version. I'm highly tempted to try out the full custom monitor of theirs though!

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #959 of 1,764

Quote:

It was the standard universal version. I'm highly tempted to try out the full custom monitor of theirs though!

Hmm, After getting the FX700, will start to save up for their Custom Flagship (MG6PRO) =)) , So roughly will get it around latest July this year (Pretty late >.<) So if until then still not much owners or volunteers to churn out reviews and impressions, i will be giving so then ^_^

Quote:
FWIR, the FX700 isolation is actually better than normal open headphones which makes sense to me.

I see! Then it should still be alright for normal commuting use? Maybe i need to 'hear' for myself when i get them, not that it will deter me from getting it~
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back