JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Nov 16, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #468 of 663
Holy mother of bass, the bass-head within me has awaken. It is quiet holographic sounding gear with great depth and nice width. I am glad I've kept the AX7 amp, so far great pairing with AX7.

Now I am seriously considering the wood 01 (HA-SW01)

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #469 of 663

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #470 of 663
  Holy mother of bass, the bass-head within me has awaken. It is quiet holographic sounding gear with great depth and nice width. I am glad I've kept the AX7 amp, so far great pairing with AX7.

Now I am seriously considering the wood 01 (HA-SW01)

The over ear wood series sounds significantly different to the IEM signatures.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #471 of 663
  The over ear wood series sounds significantly different to the IEM signatures.

I am reading about them, I think their sound signature will be more to my liking. I dont have that many warm sounding gears, the FW01 is certainly a welcoming addition. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #472 of 663
I just spoke to a Japanese audiophile friend of mine who loves his JVC. He logged over 400 hours on his FW01 and he says it requires 400 hours for sound to fully reach its peak. He believes due to nature of wood it will always sound difference depending on the relative humidity of air but in large after 400 hour it will reach its full stability which results in bass reduction, treble will sound more extended and less bright. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #474 of 663
I just spoke to a Japanese audiophile friend of mine who loves his JVC. He logged over 400 hours on his FW01 and he says it requires 400 hours for sound to fully reach its peak. He believes due to nature of wood it will always sound difference depending on the relative humidity of air but in large after 400 hour it will reach its full stability which results in bass reduction, treble will sound more extended and less bright. 

Damn, that is a lot of burn in ... lol

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #476 of 663
Yep, going to be a long journey.i should get in the habit of listening to my gear during the burn in. I tend to ignore them more often.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #478 of 663

FW01 or SW01?

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #480 of 663
UPDATE: I haver over 30 hours of burn in on the FW01. Now that I have more time with the 01 here are some notes:
  1. It requires amps/sources which aren't warm sounding. Pairing it with something like Calyx M/AK120 the bass can be overly lush and long term can be fatiguing. 
  2. It certainly benefits certain genera of music genre over another. Modern music can be overly bass heavy and just sound congested at time. Trance and fast passed music can sometimes overwhelm the driver and it can't keep up.

I hope with more burn in sound becomes less midrange focused. I haven't yet paired it with my other sources/amp but pairing with HUGO was rather positive. I haven't listen enough to make up my mind paired with HUGO but in general HUGO likes warmer sounding gears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back