JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
May 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #1,786 of 3,142
My HA is 0076.

May 29, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #1,787 of 3,142
Ah yes - mine are HP-DX1000.

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #1,792 of 3,142
I hate you Skylab! Thanks to you, today I got my HP-DX1000 delivered to my office by DHL from PriceJapan
L3000.gif

Can't wait to go home and try it with my Nova. And yes, I'm a novice in this headphone business. The only other headphone I got is my modest MS1i.

Cheers.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #1,795 of 3,142

Quote:
I hate you Skylab! Thanks to you, today I got my HP-DX1000 delivered to my office by DHL from PriceJapan
L3000.gif

Can't wait to go home and try it with my Nova. And yes, I'm a novice in this headphone business. The only other headphone I got is my modest MS1i.

Cheers.

Cool!  Let us know how you like them!

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,796 of 3,142

I Placed a " Want To Rent" thread over in the FS/FT trade forums but thought I would link it here where the few DX1K's actually reside.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/494438

Hope it's OK?

Over the past few months, I've been listening exclusively to my Hammacher Schlemmer Zebra Wood headphones.. They were comissioned by Hammacher Schlemmer from a Company called Wesonic Audio in China. They originaly sold for 199.00 and when H/S sold thier remaining pairs off for 59.00 shipped many of us Head-Fi'ers snagged them up. They have an incredible range with little roll off even at the lowest and highest frequencies. The soundstage,clarity,and imagery is astounding. At first they seem a bit unrefined compared to my previous high end listening experiences with Denons, Sennheiser, Grado, Ultrasone, etc. but when I take the time to compare them with my previous listening experiences, I find that my perception of lack of refinement is actually an erie transparency giving the others a veil similar to the infamous HD650's. I listen to all genre but mostly instramental soundtracks ( James Horner, Hans Zimmer, John Williams, etc.)and the instramental placement and staging is amazing. I have gladly given up a bit of refinement for clarity and "Reality". It reminds me of the "Feel" of the music you get with surround sound in a movie theater. I've had two pairs in pieces, gave away two pair, sold two pair, and still have two pair. The drivers are very similar to the JVC drivers I tried to fix in my son's JVC hx700's., and it's very likely that the drivers in the Zebra Woods were also made by JVC ( Or whoever JVC has make them) for Wesonic. There is a small dab of white silicone goo apparently crossing over from the positive and negative contacts. I wasn't sure what it was but if I scraped it off, the drivers died.
  Maybe some sort of crossover? Anyway, I just need to find out if the Top JVC's are a refined version of the drivers I've grown to love.It's an "Aquired Taste" and for most who've tried them a "Love It or Hate It" thing,

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #1,798 of 3,142
Auditor+DX 1000=constant eargasms :)

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,799 of 3,142
Finally the DX-1000s I ordered from Japan showed up. Played them at work today. Sounded okay--better than what I'd been using. Then came home and plugged them into our SACD player and thought I'd died and gone to paradise. Unbelievable sound. Now I need to figure out how to get that same sound at work.

Clearly I need a better amp at work. I'll get a Woo or similar.

Is there such a thing as a compact CD/SACD player?

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #1,800 of 3,142
To fund for an electric guitar and an amp, I was hard pressed to sell my HA-DX1000 (S/N: 0044).

When I picked up the JVC to listen for the "last time", my heart melts instantly..... Now I'm caught again! I should have just sold it with eyes closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back