JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Mar 26, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #1,771 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right - and I find the reverse can be equally true - going from the D7000 or DX1000 to the HD800 can make it seem too bright at first. You really do have to allow for adjustment time, either way, unless you are actually trying to determine the differences
smily_headphones1.gif

this phenomenon is what I experience as well. such idea has rarely been discussed here on head-fi. what does that mean to us head-fiers? For one, our brains have some sort of latency or even temporary fixation if you like. That is by learning of our neural networks. They get acustomed to a range and stay there to decipher info from that range. Once we change headphones, and thus that range, our brains say: hey, what the heck was that? And we hear odd and undesirable music. Does that means that we need only one fairly good cans to acheive that kind of end-comfort from music?

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #1,772 of 3,142
Quote:

Thank you for your response.

I have notified our factory facility and they are expecting your unit – can you please let me know when you will be able to send it in for repair?

The parts needed to repair this unit was ordered out of the country and is now in our San Diego warehouse, we will be able to procure it as soon as your unit arrives at our facility.

Finally my poor broken DX1000s!! All this time waiting for a response. xD

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #1,773 of 3,142
I would recommend to all the dx-1000 owners doing the delightful bdh mod which is very easy to do and undo for that matter, it sounds amazing....

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #1,774 of 3,142
It's not easy to undo the pad modification.
L3000.gif
And that's one-third of the mod. Although it might be possible to order a replacement set.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #1,775 of 3,142
I did not do the pad mod, I like the distance between my ear and driver
smily_headphones1.gif
now I am thinking of recabling actually, I fell in love and I am willing to push extra step...

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #1,776 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally my poor broken DX1000s!! All this time waiting for a response. xD

Is it possible for you to post the contact information to get DX1000s repaired within the United States? For example, who do we need to call or e-mail and what informaton do we need to provide them?

Maybe you could post the information in this thread and in a new thread as well, since such useful information will eventually become hard to find even using the search function in a thread as long as this one.

You obviously did a considerable amount of research to get this information. So thanks.

I, for one, would love to send my JVC's to San Diego, have them order the necessary part to fix the broken hinge, bill me for the part and repair work, and then send me the repaired headphones.

May 6, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #1,777 of 3,142
Just got these yesterday. Love the sound but the headband sucks, as many have pointed out. Do Beyerdynamic headpads fit around the headband, or do I have to do some mods of my own to fix these.

May 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #1,779 of 3,142
Welp after a bit of a struggle I modified the headband. First got a Beyer headband which didn't fit at all. So I opened it up and took the foam out. Putting the foam inside the JVC headband was not as easy as I thought it would be. After some struggles I figured out a way to do it. Sadly when I was attaching the cups back to the headband I forgot they were connected and the one I wasn't holding on to dropped and got dinged. Luckily it was only a shallow mark. Oh well, it was worth it though. I can barely notice them on the top of my head now, whereas before they were annoying as heck. 

May 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #1,781 of 3,142
I hear really good things about the Audio-GD C2 amp. I'm happy with my Little Dot Mklll but i hear the Audio-GD is superior in every way...it is the next headphone amp on my list :)

May 29, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #1,785 of 3,142
Funny - I've had mine quite a while, and mine are 0790!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back