JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Aug 19, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #391 of 3,142
I received the DX1000's a few days ago, so I only have about 50 hours on them so far.

I honestly never thought that I would ever say this about any headphone, but I actually think I like these headphones better then my edition 9's.

I am sure that I need more time on the dx1000's before I make a final decision, but so far the dx1000's are giving me a little extra something that I did not realize my edition 9's were lacking. Bigger soundstage and deeper, fuller bass to name a few, but there is something else that I can not put my finger on that is putting me in the music more then the Edition 9's.

Bottom line, I love these headphones.

Aug 19, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #392 of 3,142
Just two things:

1) first time I could hear these cans it was love at first sight. I took with me several CTI records that are a group of my best ever recordings. Specially, we heard "Deodato 2" and I can ensure that none of the headphones I could heard before, can do this job as well as DX1000. This kind of jazz-funk music suites perfectly JVC cans.

2) I'm going to receive, round the same date, a good pair of Limited Edition W11R cans and I will be able to compare these very different headphones. I hope this review could be helpful for anybody. I hope this two very differet cans could suffice my two requiremets, 1- enjoy music while listening (JVC) & 2- enjoy listening while working (ATH). I think they could be my best pair. Anyway, time will give us the answer.

Thank you all for your comments that made me get to this situation. I hope in a few days I could enter the club of happy ownwers of DX1000 headphones.

Best regards
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #393 of 3,142
So...anybody tried these balanced yet?
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #394 of 3,142
Re: leakage. That's interesting. Because I have W5000 and they sure do leak enough for me to not use them at work. Does anyone who has a pair live in NYC and willing to let me try them for a few minutes?

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #395 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Preferably with b22
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #396 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Mine are on the way out to be reterminated. I'll post once they're back. I imagine they'd be superb with the B22 though mine is a Headroom.

best,

o

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #397 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are on the way out to be reterminated. I'll post once they're back. I imagine they'd be superb with the B22 though mine is a Headroom.

best,

o

What kind of cable have you chosen for this job?

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #398 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of cable have you chosen for this job?

Reterminated stock cable plus balanced-SE connector (also stock) if the wiring scheme permits it, Mogami if it doesn't.

best,

o

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #399 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reterminated stock cable plus balanced-SE connector (also stock) if the wiring scheme permits it, Mogami if it doesn't.

best,

o

Good luck in your choice. I often think about re-cabling although would never pay the insane amounts these cable people are asking for(I fail to see the value). The trick is to avoid the wrong cable, one that boosts or proliferates the lower registers or even worse one that muddies the midrange.

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #401 of 3,142
I've thought about recabling these babies but spoiling their balance is a major risk.

Still, I think a Nordost recable would be perfect.

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #403 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck in your choice. I often think about re-cabling although would never pay the insane amounts these cable people are asking for(I fail to see the value). The trick is to avoid the wrong cable, one that boosts or proliferates the lower registers or even worse one that muddies the midrange.

Do you or anyone know if you can just cut the end off, and solder on balanced plugs yourself? I mean, are there 4 wires going to the standard dx1000 plug already or is it 3 wires?

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #404 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My JVC HA-DX1000 arrived this morning. First listening - muddy. Very muddy. I sincerely hope burn-in clears things up, at the moment it doesn't even come close to my markl D2000.

I have not heard a markl d2000 or d5000, but I own a stock pair of d5000's, and the dx1000's beat the d5000's after 50 hours of burn in IMO.

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #405 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you or anyone know if you can just cut the end off, and solder on balanced plugs yourself? I mean, are there 4 wires going to the standard dx1000 plug already or is it 3 wires?

Yes, you can. There are four wires in the cable. if my soldering skills weren't so lousy I'd do it myself.

best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back