JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Apr 11, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #2,913 of 3,142
My friend loaned me several headphones including the DX1000 which I'm using now with a Mojo. Sounds very nice indeed! Pleasantly surprised for sure.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,914 of 3,142
I just sold my mint Dx2000 for 570$, I would say it's actually a good chance to buy a really nice headphones, but sadly, there was not much interest in buying them here, during the sale period (This maybe because my traders feedback is low here,but actually my feedback in ebays is ok). I wish the buyer from Russia will like them. I will miss the headphones,but my priority now is to build me portable set up.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,916 of 3,142

Tell us more and in comparison to the other phones given.

I will if I can get the time for being that organized! I just installed Equalizer APO (which is a wonderful system wide EQ for windows) so I'm also getting used to that which is eating time.

May 9, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #2,917 of 3,142
after years and years and years of considering these my dream cans, i finally bit the bullet on an hp-dx1000.

I need an amp. I'm currently sitting on a hifiman EF2A powering a denon ah-d2000, which isn't bad but. I gotta get me some real low imp beef

(there was an amp that i had pegged, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was, it was considered incredible value at 300-400 iirc, large, solid state, european, sub 1Ω? had a version with a preamp circuit? i just can't remember enough haha)

any amp recommendations?

May 28, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #2,919 of 3,142
How's sound isolation on these things?

May 30, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #2,920 of 3,142
after years and years and years of considering these my dream cans, i finally bit the bullet on an hp-dx1000.

I need an amp. I'm currently sitting on a hifiman EF2A powering a denon ah-d2000, which isn't bad but. I gotta get me some real low imp beef

(there was an amp that i had pegged, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was, it was considered incredible value at 300-400 iirc, large, solid state, european, sub 1Ω? had a version with a preamp circuit? i just can't remember enough haha)

any amp recommendations?
hmm now you have me wondering.
Just a guess here but was it a Meier Audio you were thinking of ?
http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/amplifiers.htm

Jul 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,922 of 3,142
My dx1000 is experiencing a rattle on other driver on louder volumes. It is definately dying so I've been on a hunt for a replacement driver/headphones. I would like something else than dx1000 so if repair is not possible I buy something else. Anyway...I've been auditioning HD800/HD800S. Thought those would be what I wan't. I like large soundstage, I don't mind brightness...sony sa-5000 is my backup headphone afterall. Anyway...sennheisers pale in comparison. The highly acclaimed soundstage of sounstage king hd800 is only barely bigger than closed back dx1000. Sennheisers are of course more detailed and airy. But sennheisers lack the weight dx1000 puts on mids. Strangely some people feel that dx1000 is a basshead headphone lacking other spectrums. For my tastes I have not heard better midrange... It is colored, but in a real nice way. In a way it sounds more natural and real than any senn/beyer/stax I've heard.

Still have to check out audeze lcd2 /xc/x/kennerton vali and focal elear but so far it seems likely that I just buy another dx1000 \m/

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #2,923 of 3,142
The dx1000 is amazing. Soundstage for closed back is really superb, and I agree the mids especially vocals are so good. They have that warm wooden tone to the sound that is delightful. Very easy listening, but fun too, really good for many genres. I would not be surprised if you decide to buy another pair, they are special cans.

They are very involving headphones that envelope you in the sound. Very immersive.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #2,924 of 3,142
My dx1000 is experiencing a rattle on other driver on louder volumes. It is definately dying so I've been on a hunt for a replacement driver/headphones. I would like something else than dx1000 so if repair is not possible I buy something else. Anyway...I've been auditioning HD800/HD800S. Thought those would be what I wan't. I like large soundstage, I don't mind brightness...sony sa-5000 is my backup headphone afterall. Anyway...sennheisers pale in comparison. The highly acclaimed soundstage of sounstage king hd800 is only barely bigger than closed back dx1000. Sennheisers are of course more detailed and airy. But sennheisers lack the weight dx1000 puts on mids. Strangely some people feel that dx1000 is a basshead headphone lacking other spectrums. For my tastes I have not heard better midrange... It is colored, but in a real nice way. In a way it sounds more natural and real than any senn/beyer/stax I've heard.

Still have to check out audeze lcd2 /xc/x/kennerton vali and focal elear but so far it seems likely that I just buy another dx1000 \m/

Let me remind you that I have contacted the JVC JP and they said no replacement parts, including drivers, headbands, etc is available.
Mine, new af, has exactly the same problem. Until now there is no straight way to a direct driver replacement....

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2,925 of 3,142
Let me remind you that I have contacted the JVC JP and they said no replacement parts, including drivers, headbands, etc is available.
Mine, new af, has exactly the same problem. Until now there is no straight way to a direct driver replacement....
I'm aware of the unfortunate situation with replacement parts. I've been hoping to get a used driver but that is of course a long shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back