JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Jan 17, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2,686 of 3,142
Yes that is a benefit of more narrow pads like the X00 has they create a better seal then bigger earcups do. Why a lot of portables is uncomfortable onears I believe they create a better seal is my experience.

But mine are modded so perhaps the stock DX 1000 has more db in the sub bass. Mine certainly aren´t light on bass at all extension is going as low as my ears allow I am quite confident. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,687 of 3,142
  Yes that is a benefit of more narrow pads like the X00 has they create a better seal then bigger earcups do. Why a lot of portables is uncomfortable onears I believe they create a better seal is my experience.

But mine are modded so perhaps the stock DX 1000 has more db in the sub bass. Mine certainly aren´t light on bass at all extension is going as low as my ears allow I am quite confident. 

Ah! I didn't realize you modded your DX1000s. What did you do?

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,688 of 3,142
Didn´t do it myself but dampening material and painted insides of the ear cups plus the balanced cabling of course.

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #2,692 of 3,142
'Good' morning guys,

This is what l woke up today to:

See the mark next to ther 'R'? l don't know what to think about it. So far, it just seems as if the paint came off a bit but... given the JVCs reputation for breaking in this area, l am suspicious. 

l bought my pair in April 2015 while on holidays in Japan. l have used them, but not that much. l'm a careful person (especially with these 
wink.gif
).

l gave them a comfy home (pict attach below). l always placed them on my head carefully (to let them sit there until the listening was over). Always aligned the earcups with the headband before placing them on my head. l even introduced them to that little friend you can see in the picture! l mean, seriously, l don't know what else l could've done to be more careful. And then, this happens... 

Do you think it's the beginning of a broken pair? l hope l don't have to see myself gluing them together (thus destroying their aesthetics).  

Anyway... "C'est la vie"...  

(Sorry for the pictures' quality. l wasn't in the mood to take out the camera
frown.gif
). 

l think (well, l thought...) this HP stand is perfect for the JVC as it lets them rest without being in tension. 

And yes, for those of you who wonder, the little animal is also very sad 
frown.gif
 Although he said his star will protect the D1K...

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #2,695 of 3,142
I hope you won't have to glue them ever...
Where did you get the HP? Looks great together with the dx1000

(l understood you meant 'HP stand', don't worry).

My wife bought it for me in Germany. However, l think they also sell in USA (should you live there). lt's called "Room's". l just quickly checked and you can buy them here, for example. Also found this thread in head-fi.

lt's a quality HPs product... 

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #2,700 of 3,142

That is an AMAZING stand! Thanks for the links. Another project... :frowning2:  / :-D

You are right 
smile.gif
 It's just that this morning, when l saw the scratch, l truly wondered how it could ever happened... and yes, l also feared they would break apart. But yeah, if worse come to worse, glue or duct tape will do
rolleyes.gif
darthsmile.gif

Haha, yeah they just seem to crack, eh? Mine have one on each side, I guess the assembly was just too tight for the quality(lack of) of the plastic. Anyway, they haven't just turned to powder or fallen off my head in the 3 years I've owned mine, so I don't think there's too much to worry about there.

Though it is infuriating, so...
I've been hunting for a new headband assembly to either swap in (Denon D7000's are both the same champagne colour AND an exact cup diameter drop in. Unfortunately they're out of production and people just don't seem to have too many blown drivers/smashed cups, but intact headband assemblies for these) or to mod one. The headband assembly with the MrSpeakers Ether is quite amazing and I talked with Dan about buying one, but unfortunately that was a no-go. Maybe there'd be some way to organize a group buy of that to make it more attractive to him or show that I'm/we're not trying to steal on his design. Man that's a comfortable, light, and durable headband... It's not a drop-in and would need some modding, but that's a small issue. 

I did see a thread by a guy the swapped in a Denon D2000 headband assembly, but the those have silver yolks and sliders vs. our needed champagne. I've only come across one offer for one of those in the 3 years I've been looking and I still kick myself for passing on it.

So, has anyone else looked into this with any luck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back