JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Feb 5, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,716 of 3,142
Ok, good to know, thanks. After you told me to consider the DX1000 as a TH-600 replacement, I can't get it out of my head. Even after getting the NightHawk. I've yet to find cans that have authoritative bass, natural mids, and smooth / slightly rolled-off treble that also has a big enough sound stage. TH-600 misses 2 of 4 (mids, treble), HD650 is missing 1 (bass), and so is the NH (sound stage). I need to try these JVC so I can know for sure if it fits the bill.

How funny, I'm looking for the exact sound signature. I thought it was weird to want a sound like that, but good to see I'm not alone. The closest I have been able to get to that sound is the M- audio q40 (while eq'ing down the treble). I have the dx1k on order I think (first time I tried bank thought it was fraud and stopped transaction. We'll see how the 2nd attempt goes). I'll let you know if they are the unicorn we are looking for friend.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,718 of 3,142
Yeah, I tried the thx00 which has less treble than the rest of the foster line, and it was still too much for me. It's a shame I can find my ideal sound sig in an IEM without issue. Try with cans........ to be continued for like 5 years lol.

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #2,720 of 3,142
just got my pairs after I sold them age ago (due to ED8 and LCD2 at that time).  I just paid around 320$ immediately ,when a guy offered to sell them. In Thailand they are quite unknown lately, that's why the price is so low. Listening with HM901 balanced card they sound so wonderful, but there are something that can be improved with some after market cables. To my ear, the bass should be tightened up a bit (more punchy), the edges here and there should be smoothed out. I think I'm going to buy some copper cable for them. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #2,723 of 3,142
  Gonna reterminate my JVC HA-DX2000 to balanced tomorrow. Huzzah!

Looking forward to your impressions. l might reterminate mine then 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2,725 of 3,142
I will buy cardas clear cable tomorrow  and will let someone break my dx1000 and re-terminate them with the cardas and then let my pads covered by some fancy color leather :p (or just brown )

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #2,726 of 3,142
This thread and especially this post worth bumping up. I usually don't resurrect necro threads but this is the exception. Especially after now I had a chance to spend some quaity time with a loaner DX1k I feel the words of this post even more justified. The boomier bass of the DX1k was like a massage to my eardrums but when I switched back to the DX700 every note I heard got cleaner and more articulate. Then switching back once again to the older bro everything seemed to be a little mudded. I'm talking about day and night difference BY NO MEANS though.

Ceterum censeo: to my ears the Dx700 is a little bit more audiophile-grade while I can't deny that most folks would be able to spend more fun time with the DX1K. For some reason we are just wired to enjoy deep bass and in that regard (only) the DX1k trumps the DX700. You can see at my personal page that I own a pair DX700 but it's not the reason I'm saying all this. I have had the chance to listen to the DX1k and should I wanted, I could have kept them, too.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/412747/any-dx1000-and-dx700-comparisons/15#post_11175609

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,729 of 3,142

If the d1k is not superior to the d700 then expect to see mine in the FS section.

I'll be waiting lol. Also what mods did you get done?

For now it just has some dynamat inside of the cups. Also the cups are stained a brownish red with balanced adapters as well as the rest of the headphone black. I don't have both to compare otherwise I would give a full run down. I just know the DX700, while a nice headphone overall to me, didn't really last that long. But that was because I was trying to use it as a primary headphone and found it a bit too cavernous and a little murky sounding. I did love the bass, imaging and soundstage though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back