JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Aug 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #1,366 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Renaud Garcia-Fons (5-string bass)

Entremundo

Rodrigo y Gabriela I got. This I don't got -- man I can't wait to hear that bass. Amazon and ebay are loving me. Thanks.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #1,367 of 3,142
The bass is pretty sweet. I enjoy it even on my HF-2s. I would love to hear a pair of DX1000 though the more I hear it sounds echoey and cavelike. Compared to Denons any input on that? If I can find a pair around $700 Id consider it
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #1,368 of 3,142
IMO the midrange in the DX1000 is sweeter and with more texture than in the D7000 but as an all around headphone I prefer the D7000. The bass on some recording in the DX1000 is just too much to my taste.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #1,369 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass is pretty sweet. I enjoy it even on my HF-2s. I would love to hear a pair of DX1000 though the more I hear it sounds echoey and cavelike. Compared to Denons any input on that? If I can find a pair around $700 Id consider it
biggrin.gif

The DX1000 doesnt sound cavelike (unless your cave is really, really big
tongue.gif
) or overly echoey. It does have a very slight echo if you really look for it, but imo, it adds a bit of 'unconscious extra' to the sound when you 'just' listen to the music which I kinda like.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #1,370 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to a lot of acoustic music, and my new DX1000s weren't holding up next to my Grado GS1000s. Then tonight I switched genres for some reason, and put in Peter Gabriel's Passion (especially Zaar). OMG THE BASS. I think NIN is next.

Does anybody have a rec for a particularly great-sounding bass recording on these phones? I suppose I could post this down in the music thread, but I'm interested to hear of bass that rocks this particular model. Any genre. I want my head to explode.

I am not sure that this is what you want, but one og my favorite songs on the DX1000 is DIDO with "stoned" from her "live in London" album, those deeeeeeep drums are just amazing..

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #1,372 of 3,142
I swear I've searched, I swear. I must be missing it somehow: there MUST be a comparison of Darth Beyers and DX1000s somewhere, right? All I can find is Skylab's one-liner of DB>D5000>DX1000, or something to that effect. I now hereby subject myself to the humility that will accompany an easily found thread/post.

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #1,373 of 3,142
biggrin.gif

I won't even attempt to search. I guess it depends on which version of Darth Beyers. Rob has been one of the gurus in this area and it seems that he's tasted the best here. I've only heard the lower end Darths...V3 regular cup, whatever they're called. I was just thinking about how the JVC compare to the DB a couple days ago. I think the JVC would quite easily defeat the DB that I owned...keeping in mind that my DB were less than half the cost of JVC.

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #1,374 of 3,142
what is the overall price you guys got them for overseas? I just bought a second pair of D7000s today I woulda tried for DXs if someone would have explained the sound the way you guys did. And freaks you out bass gave me something firm downstairs...

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #1,375 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the overall price you guys got them for overseas? I just bought a second pair of D7000s today I woulda tried for DXs if someone would have explained the sound the way you guys did. And freaks you out bass gave me something firm downstairs...

I paid roughly US $800 in Tokyo. I would've paid more out of gratitude for being able to try out so many models before I bought, but I'm not quite that altruistic.

Not going near the rest of that post.

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #1,376 of 3,142
biggrin.gif
hehe

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #1,377 of 3,142
Quote:

I swear I've searched, I swear. I must be missing it somehow: there MUST be a comparison of Darth Beyers and DX1000s somewhere, right? All I can find is Skylab's one-liner of DB>D5000>DX1000, or something to that effect. I now hereby subject myself to the humility that will accompany an easily found thread/post.

I actually don't feel that way anymore. These days my ranking would be almost the opposite - DX1000 > Deep Cup Darth Beyers > D5000 > regular Darth Beyers.

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #1,378 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually don't feel that way anymore. These days my ranking would be almost the opposite - DX1000 > Deep Cup Darth Beyers > D5000 > regular Darth Beyers.

How am I supposed to know my opinions if you keep changing your mind?
smile.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #1,380 of 3,142
Quote:

How am I supposed to know my opinions if you keep changing your mind?
smile.gif

LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

I have indeed changed my mind, but in fairness to me, my original opinion was a couple years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back