JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Sep 27, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #646 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Currently listening to 'Eye' By The Smashing Pumpkins. Mmmmmm... bassy*

Now I'm really eager to get my pair. I've always used that song to check bass response, atleast partially. Those single note hits in the beginning are just craaazy deep, tight & snappy.

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #647 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow are you lucky. I got no word from PJ even after i emailed them 3 1/2 days after the order. I finally got the DHL email over a week after the order saying incoming package. From there it only took 2 1/2 days-arrived Monday(5 days ago). So be looking soon. I have them on now, so smooth. As above, the soundstage is something else too.

I'm trying to keep my cool - I just know they're gonna get stuck in customs and I'll end up having to fork up custom and tax fees up the wazoo.

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #650 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am starting to think that they pair better w/ an SS amp than a tube amp. Has anyone here done a tube vs. ss amp comparison with the JVC/Victor?

Yes.
And I have always stated that the best combination with the JVC I've heard so far is the Corda Prehead. A very fast, dry, neutral amp.

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #651 of 3,142
And just to present another view, I much prefer the DX1000 with tubes. I am using with my MPX3 and love it. Miguel, you don't like the DX1000 with your MPX3?

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #653 of 3,142
The Zana Deux is no slouch either
wink_face.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #654 of 3,142
Judging from the semi-cryptic tracking info, it seems mine are on an airplane out of Japan right about now.
darthsmile.gif

I'll be ordering a couple of rectifiers for my WA6 tomorrow and when the DX1000's are properly burned-in, it'll be tube roll-o-rama.
popcorn.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #655 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging from the semi-cryptic tracking info, it seems mine are on an airplane out of Japan right about now.
darthsmile.gif

I'll be ordering a couple of rectifiers for my WA6 tomorrow and when the DX1000's are properly burned-in, it'll be tube roll-o-rama.
popcorn.gif

Tube rolling is fun!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #657 of 3,142
I don't own the DX1000's but they are great looking headphones (I love wood trim on headphones) and they also look very comfortable! I wish I was into this stuff 2 years ago when I had more than sufficent funds
frown.gif
. Oh well, I'll get some one day. These are at the top of my want list!!!

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #658 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And just to present another view, I much prefer the DX1000 with tubes. I am using with my MPX3 and love it. Miguel, you don't like the DX1000 with your MPX3?

I am at a quandry! As you know my MPX3 has just about every option available, yet although the DX1000 sound very nice they do not sound superb. Currently I have an NOS Westinghouse 6CG7 driving a pair of NOS Sylvania 5687's. Source is a Monarchy NM24 DAC w/ a Monarchy AC Re-Generator. Files are apple lossless from my computer via a Chainteck AV710 and an optical cable to the Monarchy.

However, the DX1000 comes alive w/ a DIY amp built for me based on a cheap kit from Jaycar (Australia) w/ a bunch of mods in the power supply. Heck I am even using an inexpensive source, a Denon DVP-NS300 with this amp.

But I will wait a bit longer before making any final decission.
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #659 of 3,142
Well, I would suggest trying some different tubes since I use very different tubes in my MPX3, but I find the DX1000 to be excellent with the DV337 and SP Extreme as well as the MPX3, so I'm not sure it would help.

My least favorite amp with the DX1000 was the Blue Circle SBH, which I thought was a great amp otherwise. The Meier Opera was excellent with the JVCs, though.

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #660 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I would suggest trying some different tubes since I use very different tubes in my MPX3, but I find the DX1000 to be excellent with the DV337 and SP Extreme as well as the MPX3, so I'm not sure it would help.

My least favorite amp with the DX1000 was the Blue Circle SBH, which I thought was a great amp otherwise. The Meier Opera was excellent with the JVCs, though.

So what kind of tubes are you using on your MPX3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back