JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Sep 26, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #631 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the warranty transfer when you buy these from wherever a website like pricejapan gets their supply?

From what I've understood you have the 1 year warranty directly with the manufacturer, PriceJapan "gets out of the way" as soon as they've delivered the product. They're not an authorized dealer but simply a shopping agent/middle man.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #632 of 3,142
BTW, anybody run the DX1000's out of a WA6 and have a recommendation for a fitting rectifier? I' m using a Mullard 5AR4 right now but was glancing at the Sophia Electric 274B.

Hell, I've already gone $500 over budget, so why not just spend another $150?

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #633 of 3,142
This are very confortable, like not wearing anything at all! (I could get in trouble in some places for saying so). The cans have about 24 hours of burn in and the soundstage is HUGE!

They have a very nice presentation, detailed and smooth. The top has started to open up.

Wayne, the babes love the cans. Went to south beach driving my '70 VW Beetle and the babes went wild droping whaever they were doing to come over. Then I woke up...

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #634 of 3,142
They sure are wonderful, after four days and a little burning I am in awe.
Thinking about the WA-6 SE now. Sounds like that may be a good fit eventually. What is the highest serial number out here anyway. And the lowest for that matter. i'm 0811.

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #636 of 3,142
o2smile.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #637 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally do think the DX1000's are pretty, as far as headphones go.

Yes -- right up there with the Darth Beyers.
A quality look....

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #638 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne, the babes love the cans. Went to south beach driving my '70 VW Beetle and the babes went wild droping whaever they were doing to come over. Then I woke up...

LOL! You had me going there -- ready to grab my cans and head for South Beach to cruise for a rich babe....
An old retro beetle...how fitting.
Ah, the old band days. And a VW bus equipment hauler....*sigh*
I miss the hippie days. Especially the chicks....
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Errr -- back on topic -- I love my DX1000 so far.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #640 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This are very confortable, like not wearing anything at all! (I could get in trouble in some places for saying so). The cans have about 24 hours of burn in and the soundstage is HUGE!

Right you are, Miguel, and I am surprised more people don't mention this. The Dx1000 are the soundstage KING. Wide, deep, and with incredibly palpable imaging.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #641 of 3,142
Wow! I ordered these last night and when I got up this morning I had an email from PriceJapan in my inbox telling me they'd been shipped. That was _fast_! Less than 12 hours from ordering til processed & shipped - I am thoroughly impressed.
I thought it was gonna take atleast til wednesday til my DX1000's were shipped as I understand PJ doesn't keep stock (except for top sellers) and orders item first when an order is placed with them.

Now the "hope they arrive in 100% pristine condition"-game begins.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #642 of 3,142
Hah! It seems that my evil suggestion had an impact.

I hope you enjoy 'em. They're such a good can for Metal... and everything else.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #643 of 3,142

I hope you enjoy 'em. They're such a good can for Metal... and everything else.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #644 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Indeed it did.
smily_headphones1.gif
First time a suggestion came from someone with whom I actually share similar taste in music with, so I read up on em - and they do seem to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Though, if I had not sold my W5000 they would've been waaay over my budget. But as my dear father says "you buy cheap, you buy twice" and that really is the truth.

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #645 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! I ordered these last night and when I got up this morning I had an email from PriceJapan in my inbox telling me they'd been shipped. That was _fast_! Less than 12 hours from ordering til processed & shipped - I am thoroughly impressed.
I thought it was gonna take atleast til wednesday til my DX1000's were shipped as I understand PJ doesn't keep stock (except for top sellers) and orders item first when an order is placed with them.

Now the "hope they arrive in 100% pristine condition"-game begins.

Wow are you lucky. I got no word from PJ even after i emailed them 3 1/2 days after the order. I finally got the DHL email over a week after the order saying incoming package. From there it only took 2 1/2 days-arrived Monday(5 days ago). So be looking soon. I have them on now, so smooth. As above, the soundstage is something else too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back