JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Sep 10, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #496 of 3,142
That is almost certainly a small piece of plastic inside the part of the headband where the cups swivel. After about 18 months mine broke in this way. You can remove the housing and then super-glue the little piece back on. It's pretty easy.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #498 of 3,142
If it is what I think it is, it will have zero impact on the sound, but I found it annoying, so I got rid of it.

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #500 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is almost certainly a small piece of plastic inside the part of the headband where the cups swivel. After about 18 months mine broke in this way. You can remove the housing and then super-glue the little piece back on. It's pretty easy.

Can it be seen here?

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #501 of 3,142
No. You are looking in the wrong place. It is not in the earcup. It is in the small plastic housing where the earcups attach to the headband, at the point where they swivel.

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #502 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. You are looking in the wrong place. It is not in the earcup. It is in the small plastic housing where the earcups attach to the headband, at the point where they swivel.

Then it must be super easy to rectify. Most people would start to panic at the thought of opening their brand new expensive cups apart.

Sep 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #503 of 3,142
Exactly! It is very easy to fix.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #504 of 3,142
I am a partial member of the club as I just pulled the trigger on a pair of drivers. This can be done on the JVC US site by electing the Store link and using the part number option (J34469-001) where a pair are $291.97 shipped in the US.

Obviously, I am using different housings, etc, but we'll see as I am looking at different drivers for this project (DX-1000, ATH W100, etc). This is gonna take a while, as there are many variables and multiple design goals.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #505 of 3,142
Puh! Just finished reading this whole thread. I am about to get myself a pair. I saw one statement about them not being good friends with the Zana Deux. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this combo. From what I read, I have a hard time believing they don't play well together.

Actually, before I read all of this thread, I made a new one, but I guess this is the best place to ask for opinions.

Thank you.

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #506 of 3,142
Another happy DX1000 user checking in. I just got my headphones in today bought from Riceboy. Initial impressions are very good. The comfort is definitely a plus.

Thanks for the thread Skylab and all for drawing attention to these cans.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #509 of 3,142
Completely sealed.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #510 of 3,142
Based on Skylabs report on the Decware ZH1, in which he gave high marks to the imaging and soundstage, I ordered one and have been trying my music favorites with the ZH1 and my DX-1000s, which also have superb soundstaging and imaging.

The two together really create the illusion of listening to speakers, rather than headphones. Sense of space is huge, with out-front imaging. Gone is that "between the ears-inside the head" sound that is typical of most phones.

It is my personal opinion that soundstage and accurate imaging contribute more to a sense of live performance than any other factor. In this respect, the combination of the Decware amp and DX-1000s really excel.

IMO, the Decware ZH1 has the best implemented crossfeed circuitry of any amp I have owned.

Much synergy between DX-1000 and ZH1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back