JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Sep 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #451 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the ONLY person that has yet to notice *anything* going-on funny with the mids....
confused_face_2.gif

No. You are not.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #453 of 3,142
I made another interesting but personal experience, so i'd like to add it as a useless comment, don't read anything into it:

When i had my L3000 i was always looking forward listening to it in the evening. However after 10-20 minutes of music my interest faded and i became busy with other useless things (head-fi for example).

With the DX1000 it's the complete opposite, since i bought it i have never really looked forward to it. However once i start listening it becomes hard to stop, i'm missing 1-2 hours sleep every day recently.
I cant remember experiencing this with any headphone (and speaker) i owned before.

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #454 of 3,142
My dx1000s just came in, do you guys believe with the utilization of a home theater amp instead of a primary single function headphone amp,the loss in sound quality would be in turn drastic. The amp is fairly new and worth over 800 bucks. I hope not, because after spending 1k on these things I can't really afford to spend more right now. They sound good, I only wish i could use my stereo more, its been nothing more then furniture since I've been forced to live in a apartment at 6k thats pretty expensive furniture. ANyways your opinions would be appreciated.

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #456 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan1212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dx1000s just came in, do you guys believe with the utilization of a home theater amp instead of a primary single function headphone amp,the loss in sound quality would be in turn drastic. The amp is fairly new and worth over 800 bucks. I hope not, because after spending 1k on these things I can't really afford to spend more right now. They sound good, I only wish i could use my stereo more, its been nothing more then furniture since I've been forced to live in a apartment at 6k thats pretty expensive furniture. ANyways your opinions would be appreciated.

My home theatre amp (a Marantz) is worth around $5,000 and the headphone stage on it isn't really all that good. I'm now using a Pico which itself is a stop-gap until I get a proper home amp.

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #457 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those looks like they're crazy comfy... Are they heavy?

They aren't as comfortable as they look. The pads aren't really soft and the headband is a bit hard. L3000 beats it in comfort by a wide margin, and that's not even the most comfortable headphone i had. I'd say it's average, not painful but still good enough that you wont notice it on your head after a while.

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #458 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They aren't as comfortable as they look. The pads aren't really soft and the headband is a bit hard. L3000 beats it in comfort by a wide margin, and that's not even the most comfortable headphone i had. I'd say it's average, not painful but still good enough that you wont notice it on your head after a while.

Wow - I have to say I respectfully disagree. I find them to be among the most comfortable headphones there are. They are VERY light (especially give the size), and I find the pads very soft.

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #459 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow - I have to say I respectfully disagree. I find them to be among the most comfortable headphones there are. They are VERY light (especially give the size), and I find the pads very soft.

As usual, I agree with Skylab's comments.

L3000.gif
<=== (Me, enjoying Nightwish "Once" album on my DX1000)

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #460 of 3,142
Since my purchase of the DX-1000's, I've had NO desire to listen to my HD-650's anymore, and that's saying quite a lot as they were my favorite phones for 4-5 years prior. In fact, you may see them in the F/S section sometime soon
wink.gif
Now Sennheiser, I think that this is a signal to get off your butt and produce some HD-700's!

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #461 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Skylab, the pads, itself are soft ofcourse. With soft i meant the ability of the foam to the adapt the shape around your ear. For pads this big i'd prefer a bit more adaptive and softer foam. Still the leather on the L3000 feels more comfy to me, but for 3-4x the price....

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #462 of 3,142
For me the earpads are very comfy, but the headband could use a little more padding...I find that after an hour or so on my head, the headband foam compresses to the point where the hard plastic starts touching the upper part of my head and gets relatively uncomfortable. This is more annoying than anything, and I've yet to find a solution, apart from taking 5-minute listening breaks every hour or so (which probably isn't a bad thing).

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #464 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan1212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone suggest the best tubed amp to accompany this pair of headphones, hopefully under 500.

The new Head-Direct EF1 sounds really good to me.

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #465 of 3,142
I got a PM today that my DX1000's were shipped. I'm excited about getting these especially after all the good things I've read in this thread. I'll get to see for myself before too long.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back