JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Nov 5, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #136 of 1,224
Anyone else notice that the cloth that covers the inside baffle is really loose? Or is it just my pair?

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #137 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same phones but for Asian market. JVC HPR-X900 has the old Rca symbol The dog(nipper) and the Victrola along with the model # looks better than the ha-rx900.

A good picture at hardforum.com

When I first got them, I thought I might have had a fake pair of JVCs because I saw that the guy got Victor's.

To TopPop:Yeah, my cloth is pretty loose, but I don't think its gonna come off.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #139 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in down/upgrading (Not sure if it's which) from the AKG K99's. I think the JVC'd be more cost-effective. Can anyone PM me the wearability of them? (Comfort, weight while in use, length of use)

I find them very very comfortable. They look massive but are very lightweight. The headstrap is generously wide and the earcup padding is shaped and angled such that it feels thicker than it really is. A good seal is made without the feeling of being clamped in. They stay comfortable for hours.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #140 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone disassemble one of these yet. Want to take a look inside but don't feel like breaking them in the first hour of playing with them.

I'd like to crack mine open, but I'm too busy enjoying them to risk it. Depending on if they can be taken apart without damage, these may be good candidates for modding and as a platform for DIY projects.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #141 of 1,224
I bought the 700's for their lack (compared to the 900) of soundstage stage, but considering the only real dif between the cans seems to be a little extra venting in the cups for a semi open design, these could easily become $30 900's.
I'd actually be more interested in bringing out the recessed mids and taming the bass a notch.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #143 of 1,224
Quote:

I bought the 700's for their lack (compared to the 900) of soundstage stage, but considering the only real dif between the cans seems to be a little extra venting in the cups for a semi open design, these could easily become $30 900's.
I'd actually be more interested in bringing out the recessed mids and taming the bass a notch.

Have you tried them amped?

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #144 of 1,224

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #145 of 1,224
Quote:

...the only real dif between the cans seems to be a little extra venting in the cups for a semi open design, these could easily become $30 900's.

Not sure about venting being the only difference. From the JVC catalog:
"Acoustic lenses (located in front of diaphragm) tune direct and indirect sound by subtly offsetting holes in each lens"
The lenses could be marketing puffery. Or they could provide a real acoustic benefit.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #146 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by micmacmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about venting being the only difference. From the JVC catalog:
"Acoustic lenses (located in front of diaphragm) tune direct and indirect sound by subtly offsetting holes in each lens"
The lenses could be marketing puffery. Or they could provide a real acoustic benefit.

That's probably where the extra bass and soundstage comes from.

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #148 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-ad900!! - Page 18 - [H]ard|Forum Post 342

Pictures of the 700's but you get the idea.

thanks
normal_smile .gif
That's great that they are the same headphones, going to buy them now :)

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #150 of 1,224
Here's what's different.
  • The housing of the rx900 is vented
  • The drivers are different (rx900 is 64 ohm and rx700 is 48 ohm)
  • "Acoustic lenses" (rx900 has them)
  • Cable? (JVC catalog makes a deal about the rx900 having pure copper wires, not so the rx700)

So, the housing's different, the driver's different and the cabling may be different. But they have the same size driver, so they must be pretty darn close
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back