JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #3,436 of 4,826
  Hey Guys....

I have thinking about getting the SZ2000 or SZ1000. But I can only find SZ2000E oe SZ1000E in europe. What is the difference between the two, since the one in europe has The E? 

If you don't mind sharing can you tell me where the European versions are for sale? Considering getting a pair for xmas and would rather not pay lots of import charges if I decide to pull the trigger.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,437 of 4,826
Hey guys,

I bought a pair of the SZ2000's (upgraded the pads and cable) and a C5 not too long ago. I kept the original headphone box and should still have the original accessories.

Anyone interested in purchasing the setup? I haven't been able to use them as much as I'd like to and could use the extra cash if someone could make more use of them.

Shoot me a message and we can work something out. Thanks!

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #3,440 of 4,826

IMO it is safe  to assume these will be impossible to find when stock runs out and prices will skyrocket.
Should have kept 2x SZ2k and 1x SZ1k but 1 of each is plenty. =)

That's scary!  I have only the SZ2k and I'm afraid that if I mess them up I'll be screwed!  

How do these compare to the MR77x's?  HBB stated the SZ2000's are much better than the m55x, but what about the 77's?  

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #3,441 of 4,826

Oh man, thanks guys and good article (though I'll have to slowly study it) but I'm out of my depth.  Like, I know studying/understanding this stuff =  gooder sound in my earphones sometimes.  Just gotta read Audio Engineering for Tards.  

But that's for actual raw ampage/power.

As it is, I use lots of software EQs/compressors/etc but I kind of play with the knobs until it sounds right.   I understand frequencies and thresholds and limiters enough, but ratios, and knee, and attack, and release are lost on me.  btw, not expecting explanation (i've researched and most articles suck, or they're not tailored to my language). 

I use this for maximum, and, if I may borrow, nut popping bass, hosted within Audio HiJack (GREAT app, yo),

I believe I'm listening to Hot N**** 

Holy wow!  There's no hope for a rookie like me.  

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #3,442 of 4,826
Using only the Fiio e12 (bass boost/gain) and the windows 50Hz 18db bass boost, I put mine through the paper test.  

Didn't budge!  That only tells me I have a long ways to go full realize their true potential.  I'm not getting anywhere close to the experience you guys are getting, and that's pretty awesome.  Eventually I will though.    

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #3,443 of 4,826
  Using only the Fiio e12 (bass boost/gain) and the windows 50Hz 18db bass boost, I put mine through the paper test.  

Didn't budge!  That only tells me I have a long ways to go full realize their true potential.  I'm not getting anywhere close to the experience you guys are getting, and that's pretty awesome.  Eventually I will though.    

The stock pads absorb a lot of the resonating energy caused by the bass. The firmer the pads the more the energy will pass through to your face/head or paper.
Use the Wiz Khalifa "On my level" track to compare since it has been used so many times.

The first vids were with an e12 and a cowon basically boosting right where you are at 50Hz (Mach3bass from jeteffects is centered around there) and I used Mach3bass+9 and bass boost on the e12 and
high gain. If you use stock or soft pads it is why you get no results

The bass hit above is wicked but decays fast and the beats between hits is to many. The wiz track does not hit as hard but it is a constant grinding set of 3 hits and one is right around 55hz so it worked well.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #3,444 of 4,826
I bought these cans about a year ago, the sz-2ks are amazing. Everyone I've let then wear are always jealous and tell me that they sound like fun cans.

But I still feel like my equalizer on my computer is lacking. Any suggestions?

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #3,445 of 4,826
Yo!

Ya, I think that mixer device would be fun to play with, but in reality, I am going to have to agree that its a toy. Also, due to many poor reviews for many Pyle brand products, I tend to sway sway from them. For portable amps, the Fiio A3 and Fiio E12 can easily power the SZ cans, and believe me, you will pop before they do HAHA! For desktop amps, I recommend the Schiit stack.

Once you power these babies up to full power, I have to warn you, forever dominate your destiny they will, the power of auditorial greed that is. :wink:

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3,446 of 4,826

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #3,448 of 4,826

The stock pads absorb a lot of the resonating energy caused by the bass. The firmer the pads the more the energy will pass through to your face/head or paper.
Use the Wiz Khalifa "On my level" track to compare since it has been used so many times.

The first vids were with an e12 and a cowon basically boosting right where you are at 50Hz (Mach3bass from jeteffects is centered around there) and I used Mach3bass+9 and bass boost on the e12 and
high gain. If you use stock or soft pads it is why you get no results

The bass hit above is wicked but decays fast and the beats between hits is to many. The wiz track does not hit as hard but it is a constant grinding set of 3 hits and one is right around 55hz so it worked well.

so you gots some good songs on your youtubez that demonstrate the bass ability of the SZs.   so question/suggestion, you got a playlist (different than "channel")  with all the (non paper :D) songs?  cuz you should, like this one, On My Level, etc.  I got a Vimeo account, maybe I'll make a bass collection.

I got a song "collection" with the first 6 vids edited by me, though I didn't maximize the bass at the time (project?.....) and i think i'm on a jetski with a gopro somewheres. 

https://vimeo.com/album/3676665

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,449 of 4,826
  so you gots some good songs on your youtubez that demonstrate the bass ability of the SZs.   so question/suggestion, you got a playlist (different than "channel")  with all the (non paper :D) songs?  cuz you should, like this one, On My Level, etc.  I got a Vimeo account, maybe I'll make a bass collection.

I got a song "collection" with the first 6 vids edited by me, though I didn't maximize the bass at the time (project?.....) and i think i'm on a jetski with a gopro somewheres. 

https://vimeo.com/album/3676665

just a few of the top of my playlist made for the SZ

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #3,450 of 4,826
HBB, you just went up a notch in my book my friend. Anyone that knows about Bun B is good peoples, I first heard him on the Eightball album "Lost". Man, Eightball, MJG, Bun takes me way back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back