JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #3,451 of 4,826
  HBB, you just went up a notch in my book my friend. Anyone that knows about Bun B is good peoples, I first heard him on the Eightball album "Lost". Man, Eightball, MJG, Bun takes me way back in the day.

Oh I was a big Texas Hip hop fan via Geto Boys and U.G.K 
Rap a Lot records was hustlin and grindin before Death Row and Bad Boy were even ideas. I heard Bun on a mixtape with Scarface years back and was hooked on him and Pimp C (R.I.P) ever since.

The first :50 seconds culminates in a rumble that used to shake my panels like a mofo. I used this in a Car audio clarity test (IASCA) and won.

It's danger I'm standin' in the footsteps of danger
wit a loaded Mac 11 stripped wit rips in the chamber
The anger I aim the barrel of the hanger
deep into the mind of this mutha ****** stranger
I change ya outlook on living and I leave ya
frozen starin' into space shakin' seizuring
I told ya the southside niggas roll deep
I showed ya the northside niggas don't sleep
Ya beat I'm coming down shootin up your section
you are now witnessing the gangster **** pure perfection
I'm old school O.G. niggas know me
from slanging' eightballs uncooked to moving whole keys
Now why these niggas wanna test my skills
I'm a killa and I chastise steel
To mix and mingle with this millionaire status
and send a mutha ****** to hell when he **** with Brad-it's
the killer instinct that never left me
the southside still true to the game little lefty is back
wit **** that mutha ****ers can't fade
rhyming but still you mutha ****ers aint paid
So how can one try to see the unseen
Before you step your ass to the square know one thing
It's closed curtain we leavin' mutha ****ers hurtin'
It's Rap-a-Lot Mafia life we all workin'
Punk we shut you down before you get it started
You can hate it but I'm goin' get mines and that's regardless- bitch
I got these niggas boo-hooin' like hoes
Jealous of the game I obtain and I chose
to exercise to the best of my ability
It aint no mutha ******* kill me

I am gonna push play on some Scarface and U.G.K right now
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,453 of 4,826
I like them spinners in Peanut Butter and Jelley, and you know what else, I am screw***g hungry, so I am going to eat some peanut butter and jelley :p

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #3,455 of 4,826
Hey all,

My Yamaha Pro 500's have broken, and being a bit of a basshead, I'm kind of drawn to these! Now unfortunately I'm from New Zealand so I can't just pop into a shop to demo them, i'll have to order them blind.

I've read well over 100 pages of this thread and I think i'm sold!

DAC/Amp I will be using is the powerful Oppo HA-2, this should give me more than enough headroom to push some great power to the cans, right?

I'm just a little concerned that I'll miss some of the clarity of the Pro 500's, as to me they really are as close to perfect as I've heard.

Majority of my listening experience is electronic . So dnb, dubstep.. And some rap. I do like clean vocals though when I listen to something like liquicity tracks.

I will be using them as an 'out and about' headphone. I understand they are heavy, but who cares!! They're only about 100grams heavier than my Yamahas

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #3,456 of 4,826
Yo Reaper, welcome to the world of awesomeness, you are about to embarc on a journey that will bring auditorial bass bliss to your ears and soul. I myself read over 50 pages of this thread when I chose my cans to purchase, my posts can be found somewhere in the 200'ds lol. I approve of a Dac/Amp combo. Also, these cans arn't as hard to drive as many Sunnheizers are, so you should be fine. Please make sure that you get an EQ setup. Everything from 60 hertz and bellow raize to +10DB. Raize the 3K to +2DB, 5K to +8DB, 8K to +10DB, and finally 16K to +10DB. Lower the power gain to -16DB, then turn up your volume and see how the music sounds. Ideally though you need to break these can's in before you really go all out with them. And they will be fully burned in around 300 hours, but you can crank them up real loud around 30 hours.

Oh...and...A word of warning, these can's will cause nut popping experiences, so careful if your around a woman, cause she may not want to know why your standing up for democracy while waiting at the bus stop. :wink:

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,457 of 4,826
Thanks StarTreker,

your enthusiastic post is probably the kind of thing I want to hear!  I will admit I haven't really played around with EQ'ing much before, and looking at the EQ Settings in Poweramp (android full version) it doesn't seem to match the options you've given me, and has 31, 62, 125, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K. and no levels :frowning2: Spotify has 60, 150, 400, 1K, 3K, 6K and 16K.. How do I set 4K for example? :) There doesn't also appear to be any option to lower the power gain to -16DB.. sorry for the noob questions! :)

I look forward to nutting in public
beyersmile.png

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #3,458 of 4,826
Every eq has a different set of sliders. So just raize the lowest two by +10db. Raize 2k by +2db, raize 4k +8db and all higher sliders +10db. I also have poweramp, it uses preamp as gain. If you don't lower that, you might get distortion and or crackle. You might have to play around with your settings more to fine tune how you like, but those settings are a good start. :wink:

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #3,459 of 4,826
Thank you!

I'll look into ordering a set, and it seems I'll benefit from replacement pads, the Brainwavz HM5 it seems!  Now, to try and find a place which sells both so  I don't have to fork out for two lots of shipping to New Zealand :)

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #3,460 of 4,826
Your welcome :) Make a wish to Santa Clause, you never know lol.

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #3,461 of 4,826
  Thanks StarTreker,

your enthusiastic post is probably the kind of thing I want to hear!  I will admit I haven't really played around with EQ'ing much before, and looking at the EQ Settings in Poweramp (android full version) it doesn't seem to match the options you've given me, and has 31, 62, 125, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K. and no levels :frowning2: Spotify has 60, 150, 400, 1K, 3K, 6K and 16K.. How do I set 4K for example? :) There doesn't also appear to be any option to lower the power gain to -16DB.. sorry for the noob questions! :)

I look forward to nutting in public
beyersmile.png

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #3,463 of 4,826
The driver housing itself is already slightly angled. Adding an angled pad might be too much. I've not tried the angled ones mind you, but I do have regular HM5's on my SZ2000's.

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #3,464 of 4,826

I added HM5 "extra thick" (flat) pads to these headphones with very good results. IMO neither of the pads you link to are quite right. Angled pads may/may not be good for the sound--but the 80mm width of those pads is definitely not wide enough for the JVC's, which have very wide earcupt, ~110mm across, or 4.1". And the velour pads are the correctd dimensions (30mm, or ~1.15" thick, which is good), but adding velour pads to bass monsters like this is self-destructive IMO, since velours are known to lessen the deep bass somewhat due to less seal.

I recommend these HM5 pads instead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brainwavz-Replacement-Memory-Foam-Earpads-Suitable-For-Many-Other-BWAVZ-BLK-PU-/302102470820?hash=item4656b5e0a4:g:lfcAAOSw4shX-4W9

I got my HM5 extra thick pads even more cheaply at Mp4Nation:
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #3,465 of 4,826

I got my HM5 extra thick pads even more cheaply at Mp4Nation:
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

Thank you
biggrin.gif
, I've ordered a pair of those with free shipping, gives me time to shop around and find the best place to buy the SZ2000's from. I'm already frothing in anticipation
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back