JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #1,547 of 4,826
I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pagers (I do not have the time to read through all), but how is the noise isolation on the JVC SZ2000?  On a scale of 1 to 10 - a 1 being like holding a sheet of paper to your ear and a 10 is like the Bose QC25.  Any help?

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #1,548 of 4,826
  I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pagers (I do not have the time to read through all), but how is the noise isolation on the JVC SZ2000?  On a scale of 1 to 10 - a 1 being like holding a sheet of paper to your ear and a 10 is like the Bose QC25.  Any help?

Depends if you're using the stock pads only, or you plan on switching to better ones. From 1 to 10, with stock pads, it's around 4, maybe 5. With better pads (in my case the EDT770 Velour), around 8.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,549 of 4,826

Depends if you're using the stock pads only, or you plan on switching to better ones. From 1 to 10, with stock pads, it's around 4, maybe 5. With better pads (in my case the EDT770 Velour), around 8.

Thank you!!  I have been trying to find out which is better bang for my buck - the JBL S700 or the JVCs - and isolation is a huge part.  Hopefully I can find out how the iso is on the JBLs.  Thanks again Kukyo.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #1,551 of 4,826
So I just found out through extensive research based on other people's reviews that in order to get the bass out of these JVC cans you need to power them with an amp.  Apparently my simple iphone or MP3 player will not do the job and it will just sound like every other "neutral" sounding phone.  Totally bummed because I wanted these and would only use them as portables, but I can't take the plunge and buy and try them without being able to return them.  (Siiiggggghhhhh)  I thought my search was over.

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,552 of 4,826
  So I just found out through extensive research based on other people's reviews that in order to get the bass out of these JVC cans you need to power them with an amp.  Apparently my simple iphone or MP3 player will not do the job and it will just sound like every other "neutral" sounding phone.  Totally bummed because I wanted these and would only use them as portables, but I can't take the plunge and buy and try them without being able to return them.  (Siiiggggghhhhh)  I thought my search was over.

If we had a sticky ability it would say

1. Needs an amp
  2. Needs a pad change
  3. Needs an eq

Sorry you wasted time but it's been mentioned many many many times. If the OP were still around we could get him to edit post#1 as a semi-ghetto sticky.

They don't sound neutral without an amp they sound like crap. I love them with an amp and they are my babies but without power they are worthless.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #1,553 of 4,826
I know the reviews were everywhere but since I have limited time to look at these (and in spurts which sucks even more) I am disappointed.  Would you be able to recommend something bass heavy with no amp needed and amazing isolation?

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,555 of 4,826
  still saving up for my 2k's and already have a fiio 6 what are the best isolating pads out there for these?

@blackflaggeek

From my personal experience, I actually prefer the stock pads for isolation. The problem is they are not very comfortable and do not sound too great either. The HiFiMan velour pads sound amazing and are super comfortable, but the isolation is terrible. The x55 pads convey skull shaking bass but the comfort and fit was not for me, and isolation was between stock pads and velours. The sweet spot for me has been the HM5 pads. The isolation is not incredible but good enough to use these headphones on public transport without bothering others too much. I have heard good things about the alpha pads for isolation, comfort and bass but they were too expensive for me to try when shipping to the UK.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #1,556 of 4,826

@blackflaggeek

From my personal experience, I actually prefer the stock pads for isolation. The problem is they are not very comfortable and do not sound too great either. The HiFiMan velour pads sound amazing and are super comfortable, but the isolation is terrible. The x55 pads convey skull shaking bass but the comfort and fit was not for me, and isolation was between stock pads and velours. The sweet spot for me has been the HM5 pads. The isolation is not incredible but good enough to use these headphones on public transport without bothering others too much. I have heard good things about the alpha pads for isolation, comfort and bass but they were too expensive for me to try when shipping to the UK.

what about the cable? i really dont want to buy these and have the infamous one ear short near the jack. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,559 of 4,826
sony pulse , the best sub bass in the bussiness, nothing come close , + have the amp inside and the bass impact tehnology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back