JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,533 of 4,826
Hey guys I got my SZ2K's home today and lets just say, wow.  I have never experienced bass as powerful as these in a headphone before.  Right now I am running the stock pads while I wait to get the Alphas, but even with the stock pads they are very impressive with the bass department.  Right now I am listening to them with a grin on my face.  Thank you to everyone in this forum and HBB for leading me to these monsters.  I am very happy with them and will continue to love them.  

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,534 of 4,826

Sorry for straying off topic a little, but has anyone tried adding an external usb DAC to the sz2000 + E12 + (DAP / Phone / iPod)?
I mean, is such a thing even possible or recommended?
I am using a Galaxy S4 and I am not a big fan of the sound at all. I was thinking maybe I could get a small usb Dac rather than purchasing a DAP.

I am using the S4 with the e12(AMP) and e18(DAC) right now.  I tried the E12 with the S4 and no dac, the sound was loud, but the bass was a little sloppy and the mids were drowned out.  I then hooked up my E18 for the DAC and everything cleared up.  The bass got tighter, the mids/vocals cleared up, and the highs felt faster.  I would highly recommend getting a good DAP or DAC then pair it with the E12.  The S4 can get loud, but it is not clean compared to using external DAC.  

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,535 of 4,826
I am using the S4 with the e12(AMP) and e18(DAC) right now.  I tried the E12 with the S4 and no dac, the sound was loud, but the bass was a little sloppy and the mids were drowned out.  I then hooked up my E18 for the DAC and everything cleared up.  The bass got tighter, the mids/vocals cleared up, and the highs felt faster.  I would highly recommend getting a good DAP or DAC then pair it with the E12.  The S4 can get loud, but it is not clean compared to using external DAC.  

@colbear001 Thank you for the update. As I was not sure if it would help I just ordered the Hifimediy USB sabre android dac. It is really cheap and portable. I have my eye on the odac now. I only have eyes for DACS that draw power from my S4 and there are not that many. Enjoy the music. Be carful with fragile cup hinges when using big pads.

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #1,536 of 4,826
ATTENTION ALL ANDROID USERS

I just received my Hifimediy USB Sabre DAC for android and my SZs are pounding my brain like never before. Anyone using an android phone and an amplifier to drive these should look at this tiny little DAC. It may be because my source files are only high quality MP3s or Apple Losless but this DAC clears up the sound so much and makes the bass really punchy.

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,538 of 4,826
  I'm having trouble deciding between the SZ1000's and the SZ2000's I keep reading that the SZ1000's are less veiled but which one is better!

@TheHeadPhoneGuy I had trouble deciding between the two because of talk of the SZ1000 being less veiled but I am glad that I went for the SZ2000. To my ears using a good amp/dac, or having a really good DAP, ensures enough power and lifts the veil completely. It is all subjective and what one person likes, another may think is awful. At the end of the day I wanted the more premium headphone. I would not have enjoyed the SZ1000 as I would have been constantly concerned that I was missing out on something better.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #1,539 of 4,826
  I'm having trouble deciding between the SZ1000's and the SZ2000's I keep reading that the SZ1000's are less veiled but which one is better!

Having been an owner of both, I definitely prefer the SZ1000s (which I still have) but I cannot tell you what is the best for YOU! Maybe the best for you it's neither!!!! Only you can decide that...

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,540 of 4,826

Having been an owner of both, I definitely prefer the SZ1000s (which I still have) but I cannot tell you what is the best for YOU! Maybe the best for you it's neither!!!! Only you can decide that...

What are the sound differences? ex. Bass, soundstage, ect.

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,541 of 4,826
Having both, the 1000 has less vield mids thus better soundstage.  The sub bass is not as strong on the 1000's, both can reach extreme volumes before distorting.  I would suggest getting the 2000's if you are into any type of electronic music.  Rock and Roll fans maybe more pleased with the 1000's.  I love having both.  I use the 1000's on the move and save the 2000's with mad dog pads for home sessions.  The fiio e12 is more than capable of causing ear damage in old age.  Good news though cell phone technology is helping to both, reduce the price, and increase the quality of hearing aids, Yes... Double amping. Peace

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,542 of 4,826
Hey guys, one last pad question before i pull the trigger.  I know the xx pads are for the best bass, and the alphas for best isolation and comfort and decent for bass.  Is there a night and day difference between the two, or is it a small difference.  

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #1,543 of 4,826
  Hey guys, one last pad question before i pull the trigger.  I know the xx pads are for the best bass, and the alphas for best isolation and comfort and decent for bass.  Is there a night and day difference between the two, or is it a small difference.  

@colbear001 I am afraid I have never tried the xx pads or the alphas. The first I found too uncomfortable on their original headphones, and the later are too expensive for me. My experience from trying other pads is that the quantity of the bass will not be that different, but the feeling of bass vibrations really will. If you want bass that really makes your head shake, you need the xx pads.

Hopefully someone who has tried them both will be able to offer more insight. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,544 of 4,826
To start I would like to give thanks to gikigill to first getting me to look at SZ2000. Hawaiibadboy came in after him with the push I needed to get this great cans. I have the 55x pads and the http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MFDT894/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=36UN0GW3SVDYO&coliid=I3GC20THMUNGUD. The 55x sound like a sound system on tile floor and Brainwavz sound like its on carpet. The Brainwavz sound so much better, bass hits harder and deeper. I have tried the 55x 4 times thinking maybe the cans might break in and sound better but NO.

I have a X3 with a E12 and I don't like the X3 with this cans. My sony Z2 has a better sound with a added app. This cans need a lot of bass and treble adjustment that the X3 don't give me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back