JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,502 of 4,826
  Thank you @colbear001
That is very kind of you.
I hope you like the headphones.

No problem 
biggrin.gif

I should have them sometime next week or the week after.  Shipping from Japan takes forever to get to the Midwest

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,503 of 4,826
  I have the Galaxy S4 and use the Fiio E18 as a dac/amp and I love it.  I am going to run S4 -> e18 dac -> e12 -> SZ2000.  I will get the e12 and sz's sometime soon according to tracking.  Ill let you know if it works and how it sounds.

Why would you get the E18 and the E12, the amp is the same... or at least they sound similar.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,504 of 4,826
  hey guys can i lessen or even get rid of the veil sound on the sz2000s by eqing? or will burning it in more help?

It could help... but it won't... :wink:
SZ2000s are really warm headphones with a warm signature over the whole sound spectrum. This make it sound as if they lack a huge deal of clarity (which they do) but somehow they still manage to provide enough details. It's a bit of a weird sound signature. You will either get used to them or end up getting rid of them... experiment though.

oh ok so what would i do with the eq to help with the veil? I listen to my music pretty loud

something really weird has happened to me though with the new hm5 pads it feels as if the sound is getting blasted straight into my ear drums and it feels as if the inside of my ear is vibrating it feels pretty annoying this didn't even happen to me with the stock ear pads even though the driver was right on my ears 
confused_face_2.gif

im deciding if i should return them because of this I got them from a store called comtachi japan off amazon and it said this

Code:
 Please understand that depending on the circumstances. The returned goods of buyer circumstances can return goods only when a product is unopened and unused. We appreciate your understanding.

and it said that if it is opened then i will only get back 50% of the price i'm confused because this is my first time buying something off amazon and i see ppl on here returning stuff to amazon all the time are they getting only half of what they paid too or is it because I got it off comtachi and not straight from amazon themselves?

Sorry but you just didn't buy an item on amazon, you bought it through a seller on amazon. It's not the same thing. Dealing with amazon is amazing and you can return stuff with barely any explanation at all. Going through a seller via amazon is just like buying stuff on eBay... probably worse... So I would instead sell them...

Good luck.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #1,505 of 4,826
@gikigill
 Do you by any chance have a Fiio E12 which you could use in that setup and let me know how it compares to the C5? I have the C5 but I have been thinking about purchasing the E12 out of curiosity.

Thank you so much if you can.

Hi,I have the E12DIY and the C5 beats it hands down.

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,507 of 4,826
@Hawaiibadboy Thanks alot for that detailed response I'm sure that it will help ppl like me who have no idea what they are doing when they are attempting to EQ

@gelocks Damn that teaches me a lesson to just buy straight from amazon next time thing is with the SZ2000 they wouldn't deliver to australia thats why i had to go thru a seller argh!

With the SZ2000 i'll probably play around with them abit more and see if they are going to end up being keepers for me or not, if not maybe someone in this thread can take them off my hands for a reduced price 

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,511 of 4,826
  but but I was about to buy the E12 until is saw this. WHAT? EXPLAIN!

"switches on the microphone"

GET THE CAYIN C5 AMPLIFIER. THE BASS BOOST IS GREAT, BETTER THAN THE E12 AND AS JEREMY CLARKSON SAID "POOWWWAAAAARRR"

"steps off the soapbox"

I have been comparing both side by side and the C5 always pulls ahead.

Heres a review:

http://headfonics.com/2014/09/the-c5-portable-headphone-amp-by-cayin/

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,512 of 4,826

but but I was about to buy the E12 until is saw this. WHAT? EXPLAIN!

"switches on the microphone"

GET THE CAYIN C5 AMPLIFIER. THE BASS BOOST IS GREAT, BETTER THAN THE E12 AND AS JEREMY CLARKSON SAID "POOWWWAAAAARRR"

"steps off the soapbox"

I have been comparing both side by side and the C5 always pulls ahead.

Heres a review:

http://headfonics.com/2014/09/the-c5-portable-headphone-amp-by-cayin/

Im going for pure bass..screw sound quality. Does the bass from the C5 out do the FiiO e12?

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #1,513 of 4,826
Huh? 76 ohms? Quite a bit different than the 16 ohms stated by JVC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back