JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #1,578 of 4,826
i never push my pulse over 50% is to loud ,i cant take it, and loud doesnt mean is better if for you loud=better ..good for you , for me is the quality of the sound and how deep they goes, and maybe the jvc are better , only downside for me is the cable

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #1,579 of 4,826
  have u ever tried the sony pulse ?? i bet u cannot take the sub bass they provide ,for sure i cant take the bass , is something that i cannot describe ,( with a good source ) maybe the sz2000 are better i cannot say nothing ( sorry for the last post against sz2000) but i doubt they sound so good and loud without amp straith of the box , and pulse doesnt have only the bass stunning but also the mids and highs are cristal clear and all this goodness for only 120.150$ ,

... but i know for a fact that they don't hold a candle to the SZ2000.

Yes, i have tried them, because i tried to talk a friend out of buying a pair, which he ended up buying anyway (and regretting it later). And a little background, i think i'm the only one on this thread that uses his SZ2000 without an amp. I use either my Laptop (which drives these to almost hearing endangering levels if i use full power), or my portable DAP (X1 or DX50). I haven't felt the need of buying an amp just yet (and i think i never will).

I found that the Pulse was an average sounding headphone, the soundstage was pretty narrow for a gaming headphone, and the detail extraction was a little better than "average". The bass, to my ears, sounded a little bloated and slow. I've used my DT990 Pro's on a PS3 and got better results than with the Pulse. The only advantage i found on the Pulse was the stock isolation. The comfort was pretty good also, but the pads lacked a little stuffing for long periods of usage, after a couple of hours, my ears were tired and i had to take off the headphones. It'd be interesting to try the Pulse pads on the SZ2000, they're similar to the stock one's, but a little thicker.

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,580 of 4,826
  i never push my pulse over 50% is to loud ,i cant take it, and loud doesnt mean is better if for you loud=better ..good for you , for me is the quality of the sound and how deep they goes, and maybe the jvc are better , only downside for me is the cable

JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread

You are in the wrong thread.

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,582 of 4,826

Not to be rude, but just because you cannot take something does not mean that nobody can. 

Others can take and love the SZ2000 bass which is just about proven to be better than the pulse.

I don't know if you're just ignorant or trying to mess with people but I feel somewhat sorry for you. This is the SZ1000/2000 impression thread, not comparison or anything else. Please refrain from posting here unless you're requesting information on the pair of phones you've never listened to.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,584 of 4,826
The Sony Pulse has a huge problem with the frame cracking usually around 6 months to a year... I actually sent the average consumer a link for the Sz2000/1000 and the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 yesterday.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #1,585 of 4,826
The Sony Pulse has a huge problem with the frame cracking usually around 6 months to a year... I actually sent the average consumer a link for the Sz2000/1000 and the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 yesterday.

I hope that average guy has a portable amp
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #1,586 of 4,826
I am not sure.. He never mentioned one. But he never claimed to be an expert, just what he likes. V-MODA M100 took his top spot. I really don't know a lot about headphones. Then I came here and realized that I knew nothing.

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,587 of 4,826
  have u ever tried the sony pulse ?? i bet u cannot take the sub bass they provide ,for sure i cant take the bass , is something that i cannot describe ,( with a good source ) maybe the sz2000 are better i cannot say nothing ( sorry for the last post against sz2000) but i doubt they sound so good and loud without amp straith of the box , and pulse doesnt have only the bass stunning but also the mids and highs are cristal clear and all this goodness for only 120.150$ ,

*facepalms*

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,589 of 4,826

Weren't you trying to argue the Sony Pulse is the best at subbass? For the basshead crowd that's both a question of quantity and quality. Loud isn't better, that's why I avoid extreme sony products, the XB500 and in-ear XB90ex had the quantity, but not the quality and that's likely true for the Sony Pulse. JVC is one of the best for budget models and the majority of their headphones are quite well engineered, especially their wood driver and carbon nano-tube products. The SZ2000 utilizes two drivers, such a design is used in loudspeakers for lowered distortion and increased low frequency output relative to enclosure volume, though I'm sure there's more to it in the SZ2000s design considering the tubular vents and brass chamber and different sized drivers. I'm sure the Sony Pulse isn't horrible, but it seems fairly obvious to me the designers/Sony never intended it for the high-fi crowd or the high-fi basshead crowd, rather it seems like its designed to sell well to typical consumers who don't know any better.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,590 of 4,826
@Ultimate Audio... I am not going to pick apart everything you said. .. Just some education and advice.. My cousin who is an amazing dancer lives in NYC.. Said to me once don't get out on the floor unless you know what you are doing...you will get dissed. Well this site is like the dance floor for Headphones. As for bass someone one here had a post explaining how to get lower octaves..as producing bass is done by pushing air... So to get lower bass you need to push more air.. The best way to do that is to increase the size of the woofer. Sony 40mm JVC 55mm. I noticed this listening to the Audio Technica ATH-M50... I was listening to Planet Rock.. And it wouldn't hold the bassline. I was in shock after all the great bass reviews stunned.. hawaiibadboy explained the 40mm just can't hold the bass as 50mm+ cans do. Then it reminded me of the difference between 2 10" subs compared to two 12" those 10's hit hard but the 12's deeper. Anyway don't get discouraged. Remember everyone starts at zero knowledge(not implying you just in general). including the "experts" here. You are in the right place to learn.. Just read and go from there ... Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back