JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #1,189 of 4,826
i bought a new pair for 38 euro. Not that much either and i got an extra headphone 
do a bass test... We still don't have a paper test in our collection of them... If you want to that is. :)

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,190 of 4,826
Bass paper test video for SZ2000 using MR77X pads and using same hardware and settings as HBB, can be found here for anyone interested: 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/870#post_10674863

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #1,192 of 4,826
I concede that loud listening is dangerous. And that I'm definitely crazy d:

You enjoy listening to music, correct?

OK, then if you plan on being able to hear it in the future you will need to reduce your addiction to massive insane crazy bass levels.

I said my piece, you guys do as you will. Once isn't enough, but it's all you will get.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,193 of 4,826

OK, then if you plan on being able to hear it in the future you will need to reduce your addiction to massive insane crazy bass levels.

I said my piece, you guys do as you will. Once isn't enough, but it's all you will get.

I've been to all night 8pm-8am dance events before where for 24 hours after it's finished it was like I was still there - hard to explain, but I could still hear whistles and horns people were using at event in my head, like a white noise.

After 24 hours or so hearing would return to normal, but going to these type of events and rocking it up front in front of speakers was a one off when the above after effects happened - though it won't have done my ears any good for sure.

This below track from the 90's rave era has a guy saying at the beginning "watch your bass bins, I 'm telling ya" - wonder if he's giving some kind of health warning? LoL :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/gIzSZH6oqeM[/VIDEO]​

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,194 of 4,826

Thanks....I think
wink.gif

You're like my dad.....he talked like that and I ignored him too
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,195 of 4,826
Pad hunters alert...

The new Hifiman HE-560 comes with an interesting "hybrid" earpads, which are now available for purchase for 40$. Apparently Hifiman standard diameter is 103mm, and I know that people have been using the Alpha Pads on HE phones, so there's a good chance it might be a match.

Available here: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198#

I'm getting a pair, will test it on my upcoming HE-500 and the SZ2000...

They look quite nice, definitely got me curious...

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #1,196 of 4,826
  Pad hunters alert...

The new Hifiman HE-560 comes with an interesting "hybrid" earpads, which are now available for purchase for 40$. Apparently Hifiman standard diameter is 103mm, and I know that people have been using the Alpha Pads on HE phones, so there's a good chance it might be a match.

Available here: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198#

I'm getting a pair, will test it on my upcoming HE-500 and the SZ2000...

They look quite nice, definitely got me curious...

Cool!
Hybrid ....no idea what that means but looking forward to how they sound on the sz's
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,198 of 4,826
Interesting pads from HFM!
I might just buy them to see how they fit and feel as I love velour at the expense of less bass impact and more forward sound. It seems the new HE560s measure well (but not sure which pads were used though...) so it should be a good experiment.

So in SZ1000 news, this is my second week using them mostly exclusively at work.
I definitely prefer them over the SZ2000s (no mods, running through AK100 MK2 --> Schiit Magni, no mods, subtle EQ from crappy AK).

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,199 of 4,826
  Interesting pads from HFM!
I might just buy them to see how they fit and feel as I love velour at the expense of less bass impact and more forward sound. It seems the new HE560s measure well (but not sure which pads were used though...) so it should be a good experiment.

So in SZ1000 news, this is my second week using them mostly exclusively at work.
I definitely prefer them over the SZ2000s (no mods, running through AK100 MK2 --> Schiit Magni, no mods, subtle EQ from crappy AK).

Man...put some pads on the sz1000 to get them off the ear totally. Natural eq
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #1,200 of 4,826

Man...put some pads on the sz1000 to get them off the ear totally. Natural eq
biggrin.gif

Yeah, my spare Alpha Pads are not at home at the moment but I'll get them soon... I also ordered those new HFM pads so I'll try those on my headphones as well... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back