JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,217 of 4,826
So I got the new HE-560 pads, and unfortunately it's a no-go for the SZ2000. All HE pads all have a plastic ring at the bottom which connects to headphones, the old pads can slip on and off of the ring, but the new pads seems to be stiched or glued to that ring.

However, I put my old HE-500 velour pads on the SZ2000 and so far I'm really liking the result. As I said the HM5 pads worked fine at first, but seem to have lost their shape quite quickly so they effectively become more and more shallow (because they are more squished against the head if that makes any sense). The HE-500 velours are just super firm, so the ear feels fully free inside it and there's a better distance maintained from the head. I haven't done serious comparisons yet but the first impressions of the sound and comfort are quite positive. They're staying on there for now...

At some stage I might try the HE-500 leather pads as well (the HE-500 comes with both valour and leather sets of pads, but the leather pads are notoriously inferior in the sound quality. I only recenly got the HE-500 and still didn't listen to them with the stock leather)

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,218 of 4,826
Oh, that's a bummer. They seemed like really cool pads. Thanks for the heads up though, man!

Yeah, I'm still trying to find out how the Beyer pads will sound with them. Especially if Hifimans velour a sounded good. I thought the HM velours were decently comfy, but I've always liked the Leather/Gel/Velour of the beyers. I may have to spring for it if I can't find many opinions.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,219 of 4,826

The DT 770 velour pads where only 27€ for me. I can only recommend them.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,220 of 4,826

The DT 770 velour pads where only 27€ for me. I can only recommend them.

Nice! Yeah, I'm debating on whether I would want the velour or the pleather pads. The velours are pretty firm, very comfy, deep and look awesome! The pleather pads should help with transferring the bass and keeping that slam/shake effect. I'm pretty stumped. In my experience and for what I needed, I believe the velours just did a few more things I needed it to. I think it will help a lot with the noise leakage I'm experiencing as well! Also, knowing velours, they will probably make the bass a tad weaker but improve the overall sound a bit, I'll just try to find some 55x pads for them, so at home I could have that maximum head rattling bass! :D

or the HM5 are still in the mix. Tough choices.

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #1,222 of 4,826
I just got a set of 1000's today. WOW! They are great, but the stock pads leak a lot. Are there any confirmed pads that isolate better? If they help the bass, that's great, but not necessary.

Read through the thread back a few pages. Some folks were just chatting about that. There appear to be a few different options depending on what your looking for in sound

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,224 of 4,826
So i think my headphones are faulty. I have new SZ2000s, and when i turn up the volume (bass boosted) NOT even past my discomfort, there is this ugly popping sound with every peak of bass wavelength. so for 30hz i hear 30 (i'm guessing) pops.

THIS IS UPSETTING. i bought these headphones to help me escape my anger, into waves of bass, and i cant do that. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Jul 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #1,225 of 4,826
  So i think my headphones are faulty. I have new SZ2000s, and when i turn up the volume (bass boosted) NOT even past my discomfort, there is this ugly popping sound with every peak of bass wavelength. so for 30hz i hear 30 (i'm guessing) pops.

THIS IS UPSETTING. i bought these headphones to help me escape my anger, into waves of bass, and i cant do that. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

They are clearly faulty. I have full amped an e/12 into mine and no damage.
Yours are defective. It happens.What kind of warranty coverage do you have?

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #1,227 of 4,826
yeah, i just didn't have them turned up as much, then.

I'm not sure about warranties, i got the headphones from amazon, so they are probably still replaceable.

About the amping, i have a Schiit Magni/Modi, with the computer volume(schiit device volume) at 50% and the amp dial at 60% is like the threshhold. If I turn either volume up, it starts the weird noise.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #1,228 of 4,826
  yeah, i just didn't have them turned up as much, then.

I'm not sure about warranties, i got the headphones from amazon, so they are probably still replaceable.

Amazon is solid. They took back my Q40 without question.

I have absolutely abused my cans

In a way that I abused my car subs.
They still play fine. 
You got a bad pair.

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,230 of 4,826
  I want these headphones because I heard they have excellent sub-bass.

I have a defective pair, and i can still hear 17Hz with them. Like ambient noises can be heard in the troughs of the wavelength of bass. I can barely turn them up, and the bass is heartachingly thunderous.

I will paypal you 5 dollars if you need persuading. Seriously get the SZ2000. Just do it. Like now. Go to Amazon, now.

Stop reading this dumb post, and buy the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back