JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
May 13, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #901 of 4,826
  Is it true these can be coaxed into outputting so much bass that the listener gives up before the cans distort? Or so I've seen claimed in a few reviews. "Giving up" in the presence of "too much bass" is a foreign concept to me, coming from the world of car audio... my daily driver does 150+DB (Termlab, sealed, on-dash) at 30hz.

I also come from car audio.

If you listen to a couple of tracks at this level your head will be ringing. It's good hits. 30Hz is vibing the pads and 50+ is pushing air at your head. This is not distortion. You need an amp and either an e12 amp or a DAP with eq sliders that go down to 20Hz (optimal) or 30Hz (minimal)

This is the headphones up to a mic pushing the wiz track and it's hits down to lifting the 20Hz floor peaking at 33? (the lowest of the hits)

May 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #902 of 4,826
Well if he gets both it should cost about the same and definitely hit harder so if he really is a basshead he will be quite pleased!

You need to save your money and get on the "owner' wagon

he said he already has an e12. Nevermind that part lol... And I am getting a job this summer... I think I'll get an objective 2. I need a great all around amp that I can use for my akg's. The new Nokia phones have an extremely powerful eq. It can boost sub bass to the point of not having any mids or treble audible. The only downside is the number of sliders. It has 7 of them. Frequencies: 50, 150, 350, 700, 1800, 3500, 7000. The 50hz slider boosts from 20-50hz. 150hz slider boosts 51-150hz, and so forth. The only thing I'm sad about is that it doesn't have a slider into the 10khz range. To recess 10khz, I have to recess 7khz+. Other than that, its more powerful than my home stereo system, more powerful than my computer, etc. I haven't seen a more powerful eq on any phone. I'm certain a more powerful eq exists on a computer, stereo, or Dap somewhere, but I haven't found a single eq on a phone that is more powerful. Tried the iPhone eq app, and android app... Neither was even comparable. That's why I'm getting an o2 instead of e12. Don't need bass boost. And I think I rambled on... I'll post here this summer and share my thoughts on the sz2000 in a few months when I get one. I'll let you guys discuss your sz2000's now.

May 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #903 of 4,826
anyone got the sz1000 is it the same sound as the sz2000

May 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #906 of 4,826
May 20, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #908 of 4,826
Does anyone know how the relative volume level is controlled between the two drivers? Is it just engineered in based on individual driver efficiency? I'm thinking a resistor could be wired in to the bass unit to bring the mids and highs up just a bit or alternatively you could wire up a full crossover network between the two units (like in a speaker).

May 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #909 of 4,826
Does anyone know how the relative volume level is controlled between the two drivers? Is it just engineered in based on individual driver efficiency? I'm thinking a resistor could be wired in to the bass unit to bring the mids and highs up just a bit or alternatively you could wire up a full crossover network between the two units (like in a speaker).

You will alter the signature and definitely not help the bass. The creators passed on crossovers and went kelton and the dynamic rewards (if any) of a circuit were deemed impractical. That cup is jammed/stuffed tight. Where would you put it? There is literally no room in there.

May 21, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #911 of 4,826
May 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #912 of 4,826
Huh... Not as bassy as I thought they'd be. That puts it into the same boat as v-moda m-100 based on the charts... Too bad its all in Russian.
applejack___eww_by_dentist73548-d3r8jg4.png

May 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #913 of 4,826

V Moda?

Bro you kidding right?

Charts are a certain sized electric signal sent through cans meant to display the harmonic response. Has nothing to do with how much a certain frequency can be raised or not raised.

Lotta forums and Old School folks don't put up charts much because they have limited value.

This is with one mW going into it. If this chart was the guide a Beats Pro would destroy a SZ at 45Hz. It would never happen. I own both

I can raise the sz +26-30 dB @ 45Hz (off standard) I cannot raise the Beats more than +12 there. The beats are tuned to their near spec limit.

Go ask a VModa person to simulate the cup vibe which is a visual of the low freq. They can't and wouldn't even wanna. Those are bassy fun cans. Not meant to be tuned off a cliff.

Beats Studio
In my latest vid

You won't see my bass kit because the Studio will not dual amp. The 30Hz response is a joke. The 55X hit harder...and the 77's harder than the 55 and the SZ harder than the 77  Studio<55<77<SZ

No amp....cannot take an amp.

Charts...there is NO bump on the Studio at 30...it's way higher in the freq...late bass to early mids

May 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #914 of 4,826
I meant original un-eq'd sound signature lol. Sorry Hawaii! Yeah, I know that m-100's can't touch sz2000's. I've seen enough evidence supporting it. I was just saying the original sound is probably comparable to m100's? (not feel... Sound. At normal volumes.) I like headphones that can multitask! I'll have bass monsters when I get them, and something for regular listening when I'm in a quiet classroom etc. And don't want to bother people. :D

May 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #915 of 4,826
I meant original un-eq'd sound signature lol. Sorry Hawaii! Yeah, I know that m-100's can't touch sz2000's. I've seen enough evidence supporting it. I was just saying the original sound is probably comparable to m100's? (not feel... Sound. At normal volumes.) I like headphones that can multitask! I'll have bass monsters when I get them, and something for regular listening when I'm in a quiet classroom etc. And don't want to bother people.
biggrin.gif

No the M-100 would sound better without any adjustment. 

These (SZ) are for folks who use amps and  love solid backbone to their Funk,Rock, Hip Hop or whatever. 
End game bass with rubber band eq ability. Needs lots of juice. 

You wanna have bass and not bother folks ? The SMS DJ PRO in that vid will seal better (maybe best passive noise cancelation on any cans) and has a "fun" signature like the M-100 and eats more amp (more bass).

Go read a review of the SMS DJ PRO. The most anti celebrity celebrity can ever. Very nice musical reproduction regardless of genre'      

Can you resize that big yellow pony...please
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back