JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
May 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #886 of 4,826
The eq settings depend on the pads that you use. HBB uses vinyl pads from JVC can and I use Beyer DT770 velour pads. With mine the veil is nearly totally gone now. The advantage of Beyer pads is the relatively low codt (23€) and the easy availability worldwide. Beyer has a high level of spare parts onhand whenever you need them.

Yeah, what he said. 
I'm using cheap pleather pads off the XX for max bass vibe so I'm not the one to discuss veils too much
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #887 of 4,826
The eq settings depend on the pads that you use. HBB uses vinyl pads from JVC can and I use Beyer DT770 velour pads. With mine the veil is nearly totally gone now. The advantage of Beyer pads is the relatively low codt (23€) and the easy availability worldwide. Beyer has a high level of spare parts onhand whenever you need them.

Oh, that's nice - I have the DT770 at home :)

Still tempted to try these - on eBay they can bought from Japan for 240$ with free shipping to Europe. Even with custom duties that's 150$ cheaper than getting them from a local store :D

May 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #888 of 4,826
  It clicks on one side when you pit it on, sounding like something is cracking. Is that the issue?

That was the issue, not it isn't because i had to glue the housing back to the headband, since it broke. 

May 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #889 of 4,826
@Kukyo Spurxi does not own these headphones anymore.

I do

@intlsubband owns them now 
@pietcux  owns them now
 and Pocketsmiley and cb3723 and others.

Please help the group by showing where the problem occurred so other owners can be aware. It has been 2 days since you announced the flaw and nobody who owns these has seen exactly what the problem is from you? I have never broken my headphones before. Any kind cheap or expensive. How did it happen and a picture to help other owners be careful. Thank you.

May 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #890 of 4,826

Some pics of the dis assembled unit. while we wait to hear the info on the headband.

I wear these out a lot and need to know what is the problem..I am having no issues but there are 3 pivot points where I can see it happening but he said a separated headband ...I'm lost on that so if anyone else can chime in please do 

May 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #891 of 4,826
I don't seem to have any crackling noises, and I would also like to know where the fault is exactly...

Sorry for the delay with writing a proper review, work is pretty hectic - will do it in the next couple of weeks!

May 12, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #892 of 4,826
Can somebody who listens to a lot of rock/vocals/etc. in addition to hip-hop and electronic comment on the SZ2000's overall SQ? I am primarily in search of huge bass, but still want excellent SQ for other genres.

May 12, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #893 of 4,826
That is my cup of tea. With the stock pads it is only about bass. The rest is very dark and veiled. With the Beyer DT 770 pads you lift the veil by a big margin. You get a lot more details. But the overall sound remains bass heavy and rather dark. To be clear, I don't eq any of my cans. I only sometimes use the E12's bass boost. For me these cans are keepers.

May 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #894 of 4,826
Sorry, i've been busy at work lately and i just come home and start playing Dark Souls 2 to relax, so i haven't been able to post a whole lot on the issue. The section in question is the pivot from the headband to the arc that supports the housing, the right one to be exact. It did this clicking sound sometimes, every time i opened the headband so i could put the headphones on. Can't remember who said it in this post a while ago (just before this thread came back to life), but i had the same issue, and then suddenly, the cracking got a lot looser, and the grip of the headband was completely gone. It had a cylinder inside the little box that has the pivot, and that broke in two pieces, one that stuck to the housing, and the other one to the headband. 

I fixed them, though they don't "feel" the same as before. I wish i could post pictures, but i left my SZ2k at home, and i work on another city, but i go back in around 2 weeks, and i should be able to post pictures so i can show you guys the issue.

May 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #896 of 4,826
There was a reviewer on amazon who said he was a bass head, and he had beats, so I commented and pointed him in the direction of the sz2000 with an e12. He ordered it yesterday. :D

May 13, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #898 of 4,826
Sorry, i've been busy at work lately and i just come home and start playing Dark Souls 2 to relax, so i haven't been able to post a whole lot on the issue. The section in question is the pivot from the headband to the arc that supports the housing, the right one to be exact. It did this clicking sound sometimes, every time i opened the headband so i could put the headphones on. Can't remember who said it in this post a while ago (just before this thread came back to life), but i had the same issue, and then suddenly, the cracking got a lot looser, and the grip of the headband was completely gone. It had a cylinder inside the little box that has the pivot, and that broke in two pieces, one that stuck to the housing, and the other one to the headband. 

I fixed them, though they don't "feel" the same as before. I wish i could post pictures, but i left my SZ2k at home, and i work on another city, but i go back in around 2 weeks, and i should be able to post pictures so i can show you guys the issue.

The plastic that JVC uses on these is a little on the harder quality side. I wish it more like the plastic that is used on the Ultrasones I have. The hard plastic is likely to brake when you stress it too much.

May 13, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #899 of 4,826
Can somebody who listens to a lot of rock/vocals/etc. in addition to hip-hop and electronic comment on the SZ2000's overall SQ? I am primarily in search of huge bass, but still want excellent SQ for other genres.
Take THE COUCH from Alanis Morisette. This song has her vocols and very strong and deep bass drums. Everything is there, when I turn on the bass boost of the E12 the SZ2000 simply delivers. And her voice remains clear. So the bass is almighty and does not overshadow the rest of the spectrum. Again that is with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 velour pads.

May 13, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #900 of 4,826
Is it true these can be coaxed into outputting so much bass that the listener gives up before the cans distort? Or so I've seen claimed in a few reviews. "Giving up" in the presence of "too much bass" is a foreign concept to me, coming from the world of car audio... my daily driver does 150+DB (Termlab, sealed, on-dash) at 30hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back