JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #4,367 of 4,826
The hinge on the left side broke on the 2ks. Where the screws are held in. I can't find where the lip closer to the cup should go. 20171026_132139.jpg20171026_132125.jpg

Oct 26, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,369 of 4,826
I am noticing a pattern here, where the cans that seem to break are always the 2K's. Also, that didn't break exactly at the same place as most, most seem to break from the center hinge post, where as that seems to have broke from a flat piece, should be an easier fix. Heck, you may not even have to glue that, you might even be able to get away with some black electrical tape. Sorry it broke on you, here's hoping you can fix it.

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #4,370 of 4,826
Hey guys, can you help me out with a little amp knowledge? I mostly see portable amps recommended for the SZ, why is that? Are there any desktop amps that go well with them?

Also, does the Cayin C5 work while it's plugged in to charge? My biggest issue with my current Fiio amp is that I can't use it while it's charging and I really don't want another amp like this.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #4,371 of 4,826
Hey guys, can you help me out with a little amp knowledge? I mostly see portable amps recommended for the SZ, why is that? Are there any desktop amps that go well with them?

Also, does the Cayin C5 work while it's plugged in to charge? My biggest issue with my current Fiio amp is that I can't use it while it's charging and I really don't want another amp like this.

I think the reasons why most recommend the portable amps is because while I wouldn't do it, some like to take these too heavy cans with them while walking around listening to music. However, I listened to the advice cause on the off chance that I might use these cans somewhere else, the portable slim profile of the A3 makes that possible. I don't know what Fiio amps that you have, but my A3 lets me listen while charging.

There are many desktop amps out there to choose from, the problem is none of them are cheap. Most desktop headphone amps are going to be over 100 dollars. Depending on what kind of budget that you have, could dictate the quality you will get. The schiit Magni 2 Uber is known as a quality desktop amp, but its kind of hard to find these days. Hopefully someone else chimes in here, but desktop amps seem to be falling out of favor because people don't like to be tied down, they like to be on the go. So portable amps are really the craze now days lol.

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #4,372 of 4,826
Hi, for the black friday I'd like to buy new pads for my SZ-1000 :)
I'd like to achieve the maximum confort, because with the default pads, after 10-15 minutes of gaming, I've my ears burning.
I'd like also to boost bass and achieve a better sound, but I think that this is almost impossible with just one pair of pads.
After reading a lot of messages in this thread I'm focused on the HM5 Sheep Leather. Is it the right choice?
Thank you in advance :)

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #4,373 of 4,826
Hi, for the black friday I'd like to buy new pads for my SZ-1000 :)
I'd like to achieve the maximum confort, because with the default pads, after 10-15 minutes of gaming, I've my ears burning.
I'd like also to boost bass and achieve a better sound, but I think that this is almost impossible with just one pair of pads.
After reading a lot of messages in this thread I'm focused on the HM5 Sheep Leather. Is it the right choice?
Thank you in advance :)

Can't go wrong with hm5 sheeps. They are much better than stock pads. But a reminder for another flavor is the xb1000 pads. I managed to stretch them on (though its more work to stretch them on).
Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Hm5 is the safer bet, more bass impact. I found xb1000 to improve the spaciousness, but then again these are not what i call high fidelity type cans, so both signatures are for hip hop music/reggae etc. I use them both (once the xb1k pads stretch, its easy to put on and pop off.) Hm5 you can put on in 1 min ot less (both sides!) :D

*** One thing though there are new Hm5 round pads, round XL sheeps. I have the regular hm5 sheeps, and i think most others on here so. I am curious about the new round XL sheep pads myself for future. If anyone, thanks :D

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #4,374 of 4,826
Oval HM5 Sheepskin are what I use on mine and they are really good for both comfort and bass impact. Like @SHAMuuu said, there are now round HM5 Sheepskin pads, which may be a better fit. Sometime in the future, I'm likely to get a set of ZMF angled pads to try on the JVC, my curiosity is piqued.

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #4,375 of 4,826
Oval HM5 Sheepskin are what I use on mine and they are really good for both comfort and bass impact. Like @SHAMuuu said, there are now round HM5 Sheepskin pads, which may be a better fit. Sometime in the future, I'm likely to get a set of ZMF angled pads to try on the JVC, my curiosity is piqued.

or like the guy ( @inthere ) at post #2190 in this thread posted pic of alpha pads

7440414.jpg

he said pillowy comfy, but i must give pillowy mention to my xb1k version as well :D very pillowwyy
9536118.jpg

those do loook comfy too yum yum :D nice to have so many options eh... :D

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #4,376 of 4,826
OOO, so very comfy, we all need a lot of comf, so 3-cheers for comf. :L3000:

I am going to need to get the HM5 Sheepskin pads next year when I have money to get them. The stock pads are already starting to fall apart on my cans. Yes for those who never stuck with the stock pads long enough to know, they do deteriorate after many hours of listening on them. Nothing proves your manhood more then rejecting delicious comf. But there is a limit to how far you can take it, till you finally cave for the ultimate in user comf. :ksc75smile:

Nov 17, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #4,378 of 4,826
OOO, so very comfy, we all need a lot of comf, so 3-cheers for comf. :L3000:

I am going to need to get the HM5 Sheepskin pads next year when I have money to get them. The stock pads are already starting to fall apart on my cans. Yes for those who never stuck with the stock pads long enough to know, they do deteriorate after many hours of listening on them. Nothing proves your manhood more then rejecting delicious comf. But there is a limit to how far you can take it, till you finally cave for the ultimate in user comf. :ksc75smile:

I remember while waiting for sheeps, i tried some paper towel or tp (i forget now) to fatten the pad a bit. I can recall also the beyer foam discs which helped with comfort. Ofc its not as comfy as the hm5 sheep, but its better to relieve some discomfort when present. Especially when you have them on for more than 1 hour. The stock was uncomfortable, but at the end of the day, i managed, and with the simple mods, it was more comfy. Then the hm5 relief. :D I must say though the big fat angled pads do give it a mean look, which matches its mean bass smack to the cranium :D

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #4,379 of 4,826
YES, I want some of that bass smacking cranium goodness that slams the brain fat into submission. :L3000:

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4,380 of 4,826
Does anyone have experience with the Pro-Ject Head Box S? These are its specs, would it drive the SZ1K?
  • A/D-converter Burr Brown PCM2702E 16-Bit Delta Sigma, 8-fach Oversampling
  • Sampling rates 44,1kHz and 48kHz
  • Power output 350mW/30 ohms, 60mW/300 ohms
  • Output impedance > 30 ohms
  • Signal-to-noise ratio 112dB - IEC -A at full output
  • THD < 0,002%
  • Gain 9dB
  • Power supply 18V/500mA dcC; 220 - 240V, 50Hz
  • Power consumption 18V/250mA DC / <1 watt standby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back